COMPLETE Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am ok with the link. I am ok with everything as long as this lovely classic would be recorded.
Raponzelina, how lovely to have you as mc. this time, I can take charge of the mw. So all would be well. I divided everything and did some ground work.
What a nice surprise to sye you all here.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

We have a Magic Window! I have given access to you, Stav, and to Cadastra as DPL! I'm glad that you can be in charge of the Magic Window! That's great!

I have entered the link that Tricia suggested as text source. https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.475974
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Window is up and we are open for claims. Have fun. Wendy's claim for chapter 1 is already inside.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Awesome! We are now in Readers Wanted!
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

Question: As I am rereading section one to prepare for recording, I am trying to decide about what accent to use. I had originally planned on using my own American accent except for the bits of dialogue, but now I'm having second thoughts. It just seems odd to be in her head and not in her voice. I have a pretty decent, but certainly not perfect, British accent. Would it be acceptable for me to give it a go? Would you rather I don't? Should I do a page or two and get feedback? Sorry if I'm overthinking this, but I adore this book and want to do it justice. Thanks for your input, Wendy
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

This is one of my favourite books. I'd gladly like to read Section 2!
Tomas Peter
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

WendyKatzHiller wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 3:14 pm Question: As I am rereading section one to prepare for recording, I am trying to decide about what accent to use. I had originally planned on using my own American accent except for the bits of dialogue, but now I'm having second thoughts. It just seems odd to be in her head and not in her voice. I have a pretty decent, but certainly not perfect, British accent. Would it be acceptable for me to give it a go? Would you rather I don't? Should I do a page or two and get feedback? Sorry if I'm overthinking this, but I adore this book and want to do it justice. Thanks for your input, Wendy

Please read in your natural accent. The one you feel comfortable with.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 4:13 pm This is one of my favourite books. I'd gladly like to read Section 2!

Sure. Have fun.
ehuiskamp

Post by ehuiskamp »

I would love to read section 3 if possible!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

ehuiskamp wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 4:47 pm I would love to read section 3 if possible!

Hello, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Sure, section 3 is all yours. However, before you proceed, please do two things:
1. Please submit a one- minute sampal recording, to make sure your technical settings are all correct.
2. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
If you have questions, please ask.
Stav.
MountainSophie

Post by MountainSophie »

What a treat! Mrs Dalloway is of my favourite books.

I'd like to record Section 4, if possible.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

MountainSophie wrote: January 4th, 2021, 10:29 am What a treat! Mrs Dalloway is of my favourite books.

I'd like to record Section 4, if possible.

Hello, welcome to Librivox. I hope you wil enjoy here. Sure, section 4 is all yours. However before you proceed, could you please do two things:
1. Please submit a one- minute sampal recording, to make sure your technical settings are all correct.
2. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose. And let us know if you have a personal url which you would like us to link to your name.
Stav.
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

Section 1 finished! Please let me know if you need changes or corrections. The length is 22:50

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/mrsdalloway_01_woolf_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Wendy
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I would like to claim Chapter 5
Russ Bruno
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Shasta wrote: January 6th, 2021, 5:37 pm I would like to claim Chapter 5

Glad to see you here. Chapter 5 is all yours. Have fun.