COMPLETE: Ships That Pass in the Night by Beatrice Harraden -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
StevenJonPeterson
Posts: 45
Joined: October 18th, 2020, 3:03 pm

Post by StevenJonPeterson » December 26th, 2020, 9:42 pm

I’d like to read part 2, chapter 3.

Steve

Scarbo
Posts: 495
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Post by Scarbo » December 27th, 2020, 5:21 am

StevenJonPeterson wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 9:42 pm
I’d like to read part 2, chapter 3.

Steve
You're in the MW for part 2, chapter 3, thank you! And thank you for chapter 16. Our DPL will be along shortly to PL it.

KevinS
Posts: 10953
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » December 27th, 2020, 11:41 am

Great reading! You just need the close: "End of [Chapter]"

jig487
Posts: 4
Joined: November 3rd, 2020, 11:07 am

Post by jig487 » December 27th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Can I have section 2, please?

LynSerene
Posts: 9
Joined: November 30th, 2020, 7:15 am

Post by LynSerene » December 28th, 2020, 2:42 am

I've uploaded Chapter 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/shipsthatpassinthenight_06_harraden_128kb.mp3

Length 7:17

I've run the file through the Checker programme and I know it is too loud at 92.5 dB. I wanted to get some advice on what would be the best way to edit it to bring the volume down. Should I use the Envelope tool on the entire track, or should I try a noise reduction or something and see if that helps? Because when I look at the waveform on audacity, there aren't any peaks that go past 1.0. Appreciate any advice, thanks!
==================
Lyn

KevinS
Posts: 10953
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » December 28th, 2020, 2:53 am

LynSerene wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 2:42 am
I've uploaded Chapter 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/shipsthatpassinthenight_06_harraden_128kb.mp3

Length 7:17

I've run the file through the Checker programme and I know it is too loud at 92.5 dB. I wanted to get some advice on what would be the best way to edit it to bring the volume down. Should I use the Envelope tool on the entire track, or should I try a noise reduction or something and see if that helps? Because when I look at the waveform on audacity, there aren't any peaks that go past 1.0. Appreciate any advice, thanks!
92.5dB is very close to acceptable. But if you were to run Replay Gain, for instance, you could bring the volume down some 2 to 3 dB. That's what I would do for this recording. For future recordings, you might consider bringing down the gain of your mic. (Experimenting with it should not be too difficult.) Once you've got your set-up the way you like it, then I would try not to change it.

PSHarvey106
Posts: 372
Joined: November 17th, 2020, 10:56 pm

Post by PSHarvey106 » December 28th, 2020, 3:49 am

Hi,

If it's still available, I would like to record sections 20 and 21.

Thank you
Paul

Scarbo
Posts: 495
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Post by Scarbo » December 28th, 2020, 4:31 am

jig487 wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 7:49 pm
Can I have section 2, please?
Certainly, thank you! If you could let me know what name you'd like to appear under in the catalog, I'll get you signed up right away. I see you're new here, so if you have questions about anything, let me know!

Scarbo
Posts: 495
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Post by Scarbo » December 28th, 2020, 4:34 am

PSHarvey106 wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 3:49 am
Hi,

If it's still available, I would like to record sections 20 and 21.

Thank you
Sure thing, you're in the MW for those sections. Thank you!

GJConover
Posts: 75
Joined: December 23rd, 2020, 11:25 am
Location: Windham, ME

Post by GJConover » December 28th, 2020, 12:10 pm

CLAIM: Part 1, Chapter 2
Part 1, Chapter 3

GJConover

jig487
Posts: 4
Joined: November 3rd, 2020, 11:07 am

Post by jig487 » December 28th, 2020, 12:51 pm

Scarbo wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 4:31 am
jig487 wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 7:49 pm
Can I have section 2, please?
Certainly, thank you! If you could let me know what name you'd like to appear under in the catalog, I'll get you signed up right away. I see you're new here, so if you have questions about anything, let me know!
You can put me down as Brock H. Thanks!

StevenJonPeterson
Posts: 45
Joined: October 18th, 2020, 3:03 pm

Post by StevenJonPeterson » December 28th, 2020, 3:07 pm


KevinS
Posts: 10953
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » December 28th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Great! Thank you. PL OK!

Scarbo
Posts: 495
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Post by Scarbo » December 28th, 2020, 3:32 pm

GJConover wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 12:10 pm
CLAIM: Part 1, Chapter 2
Part 1, Chapter 3

GJConover
Part 1, chapter 2 has already been claimed, but I'll be happy to sign you up for part 1, chapter 3. Thank you! Just to check, is GJConover also the name you'd like to appear under in the catalog? Also, since you're new here, let me know if you have questions about anything.

Scarbo
Posts: 495
Joined: April 27th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Post by Scarbo » December 28th, 2020, 3:36 pm

jig487 wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 12:51 pm
You can put me down as Brock H. Thanks!
You're welcome! You're in the MW for section 2 now.

Post Reply