[HISTORY/CHILDREN] The Story of Japan by Robert Van Bergen - availle

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Kazbek
Posts: 2319
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » January 3rd, 2021, 8:20 am

Thank you, Rita!

Michael

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1520
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » January 4th, 2021, 7:15 am


ColleenMc
Posts: 2132
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » January 4th, 2021, 7:56 am

Hi, I would like sections 35 and 38 please!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

silverquill
Posts: 16638
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 4th, 2021, 10:08 am

The first of my stories:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/storyjapan_05_vanbergen_128kb.mp3 6:29

It was painful to read this with the deprecating characterization of the Korean people. who are totally opposite of what is described. And, this is certainly myth. The historical invasions by the Japanese into the Korean peninsula were thwarted. Anyway, there are indeed those large fluctuations of tides leaving large stretches of beaches, in some places given access to islands. Almost didn't make it back from one of those!

Anyway, looking forward to reading some more. :)
~ Larry

WanderingWalker
Posts: 42
Joined: January 1st, 2021, 6:45 am
Location: Worcester, UK

Post by WanderingWalker » January 4th, 2021, 12:04 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/storyjapan_27_vambergen_128kb.mp3 (17.05)

My First contribution :)
Section 27
WanderingWalker

I look forward to hearing your opnions and advice
Had a blast

audwon
Posts: 54
Joined: November 18th, 2020, 9:47 am

Post by audwon » January 4th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Can I claim Chapter 28, 29 and 30? Thanks!

Kazbek
Posts: 2319
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » January 4th, 2021, 4:22 pm

Thank you, Rita! Section 16 is PL OK.

Michael

Kazbek
Posts: 2319
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » January 4th, 2021, 4:23 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 7:56 am
Hi, I would like sections 35 and 38 please!

Colleen
Great, thanks!

Michael

Kazbek
Posts: 2319
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » January 4th, 2021, 4:25 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 10:08 am
The first of my stories:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/storyjapan_05_vanbergen_128kb.mp3 6:29

It was painful to read this with the deprecating characterization of the Korean people. who are totally opposite of what is described. And, this is certainly myth. The historical invasions by the Japanese into the Korean peninsula were thwarted. Anyway, there are indeed those large fluctuations of tides leaving large stretches of beaches, in some places given access to islands. Almost didn't make it back from one of those!

Anyway, looking forward to reading some more. :)
Thank you, Larry! I'll check to see if the description needs to include something about that.

Michael

Kazbek
Posts: 2319
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » January 4th, 2021, 4:29 pm

WanderingWalker wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 12:04 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/storyjapan_27_vambergen_128kb.mp3 (17.05)

My First contribution :)
Section 27
WanderingWalker

I look forward to hearing your opnions and advice
Had a blast
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll try to listen soon.

The filename has a small typo: "vam" instead of "van". We can address that during cataloging, but if you need to reupload the file for another reason, please make the fix.

Michael

WanderingWalker
Posts: 42
Joined: January 1st, 2021, 6:45 am
Location: Worcester, UK

Post by WanderingWalker » January 4th, 2021, 4:29 pm

sorry just noticed hope that was ok :)
WanderingWalker

Kazbek
Posts: 2319
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » January 4th, 2021, 4:31 pm

audwon wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 3:55 pm
Can I claim Chapter 28, 29 and 30? Thanks!
Certainly, thanks!

Michael

WanderingWalker
Posts: 42
Joined: January 1st, 2021, 6:45 am
Location: Worcester, UK

Post by WanderingWalker » January 4th, 2021, 4:33 pm

Can I claim chapter 25 please
WanderingWalker

Kazbek
Posts: 2319
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » January 4th, 2021, 4:36 pm

WanderingWalker wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 4:33 pm
Can I claim chapter 25 please
WanderingWalker
Sure thing, thanks! This project is suddenly very popular today. :shock:

Michael

WanderingWalker
Posts: 42
Joined: January 1st, 2021, 6:45 am
Location: Worcester, UK

Post by WanderingWalker » January 4th, 2021, 4:45 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/storyjapan_27_vanbergen_128kb.mp3

Section 27 link uploaded again without typo

WanderingWalker

Post Reply