COMPLETE Miss Meredith by Amy Levy-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Miss Meredith by Amy Levy (1861 - 1889).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/miss-meredith-by-amy-levy/
Miss Meredith is not the most talented of her sisters. In fact, she considers herself the typical of them. She has the adventure of a life time when she is offered the post of governess to an ainchent noble Italian family. Things become even more complicated when the favorite son of the family falls in love with her. If This book reflects the ainchent troditions, and shows how things can change and how people, from different walks of life, react to changes. ( Stav Nisser )
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/59990
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

============================================

Genres for the project: General Fiction/Published 1800 -1900

Keywords that describe the book: family drama

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of Miss Meredith . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Miss Meredith , by Amy Levy. [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Miss Meredith , by Amy Levy. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      missmeredith_##_levy_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. missmeredith_01_levy_128kb.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: Amy Levy
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Miss Meredith

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: mightyfelix
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below or pm me
Last edited by miss stav on December 19th, 2020, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello all, I am very happy to say that I recovered and can now return to my role as BC. I don't feel confident to return to dpling right now but bcing is great for me. So don't worry, this project is in good hands. In addition, the number of pages for the beginning and ending of each chapter is available so I can set up the magic window.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Stav, I would like to DPL for another one of your projects, having enjoyed the last one so much! If you'll have me, that is. *smile*
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. Have a lot of fun. Lovely to see you here.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I will set this one up. Be back in a minute.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, your MW is ready for you and I've added cadastra in as DPL. I noticed also that you didn't choose a genre, so I tentatively added "General Fiction/Published 1800 -1900," but I can easily change that if you like. Let me know if you need anything else!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi, what a very nice surprise. How lovely to work with you. Yes, general fiction is great, thanks for adding that. I will fill in the mw asap. this is going to be a fun project, a book with a very clever plot.
PokeXXIV

Post by PokeXXIV »

Good evening,

After browsing through unfinished projects this one caught my attention, I was wondering if I could join. It appears that all chapters are available, could I start with chapter 1? This would be my 1st time volunteering for Librivox.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

PokeXXIV wrote: December 20th, 2020, 12:09 am Good evening,

After browsing through unfinished projects this one caught my attention, I was wondering if I could join. It appears that all chapters are available, could I start with chapter 1? This would be my 1st time volunteering for Librivox.

Hello, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Sure, chapter 1 is all yours. However, before you proceed, please do two things:
1. please submit a one- minute sampal recording, to make sure that your technical settings are all correct.
2. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Stav.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Window is up and we are open for claims.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great! Off to Readers Wanted!
Cadia

Post by Cadia »

Can I claim chapter 2 please?

Thanks

Cadia
MonikaR
Location: near Zurich (previously Geneva, Paris and Frankfurt)

Post by MonikaR »

Good to hear that you are better again Stav.

May I claim Chapter 4 & 5, please?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, all yours. Have fun.
Cadia wrote: December 28th, 2020, 4:21 am Can I claim chapter 2 please?

Thanks

Cadia
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

MonikaR wrote: December 28th, 2020, 10:04 am Good to hear that you are better again Stav.

May I claim Chapter 4 & 5, please?

Sure. Have fun. Thanks for your warm words. I hope to continue to feel better.