Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Alan!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Alan, totally PL ok! I think I recognize the beginnings of one of our modern(ish) Easter hymns here! :9:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 38 is PL ok!

Section 39 has some picky notes, since I am holding the hymns themselves to a word perfect standard. (Also, while we're on the subject, I really liked the text of this section! Some wonderful devotional material in there!)

0:38 Text is "To the Name that brings Salvation" I hear "To that Name that brings Salvation"
0:41 Text is "Honour, worship, laud we pay" I hear "Honour, worship, laud we pray"
1:45 Text is "Jesu, we Thy Name adoring" I hear "Jesu, we Thy Name adore" (Also, I can't quite tell. Are you pronouncing Hay-su or Yay-su here? :hmm: It kind of sounds like the first to me, although the second one is the traditional way, as far as I know. But it could be my ears playing tricks.)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

40 PL ok. Also some very beautiful lines here.
41 PL ok. The rhyming here is delightful.

Section 42: (Very moving!)

1:10 Text is "Thy sins, how great and foul are they" I hear "Thy sins, how great and foul they are"
2:16 Text is "For, if He had never died" I hear "For, if He had not died"
2:22 Text is "If thus He bled, that only Son" I hear "If thus He bled, the only Son"

Not bad for a guy with no good eyes at the moment! :wink: 8-)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Yes, it's been a bit of a struggle.

I'll claim some others after making my corrections and will proof them against the text.

This is a wonderful project!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KevinS wrote: December 11th, 2020, 4:48 pm This is a wonderful project!
I'm loving it so far! I have a feeling I will be coming back to some of these many times. :mrgreen:

I hope your eyes improve soon.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hymn 29 - Veni Veni Emmanuel

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/mediaevalhymns_29_neale_128kb.mp3

If you prefer a straight spoken version I will redo it :D
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Alan. I understand your desire to sing this one. (To be honest, I'd find it especially hard to resist singing the last two lines of each stanza.) But I would actually like it spoken, in spite of that. The thing is, this tune didn't come about until the 15th century, and we don't know what the original one might have been.

It sounds lovely! :mrgreen:
Milksoplimit

Post by Milksoplimit »

I would like to put forward a claim on sections 2 and 3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Milksoplimit wrote: December 13th, 2020, 4:31 pm I would like to put forward a claim on sections 2 and 3
Welcome to LibriVox! I hope you're enjoying your time here so far, and congratulations on passing your 1-minute test on the first try!

I'm happy to assign these sections to you. They are nice little bite-sized ones, just right for someone just starting out. :9: How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? You can use your real name, screen name, or some other pseudonym.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Devorah!

I would love to read some Latin again! Can I please have the following sections?

12,13,15,25,31,32,34-37,43-45

Many thanks!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Devorah -

Me again - can you please look at Section 12 for me?

I am just reading over the poems and I know you said you want foot notes read, however there are a LOT of LONG footnotes in that poem and I am wondering if I should read them all at the end? So I would say (example of the first one) The bright green hue of JASPER (Footnote 1) saith, then continue the poem putting the word (Footnote X) after each of the gems listed. Then at the end of the poem say (Footnote 1) and read from the bottom of page 42 onwards. If the poem is going to sound very disjointed if I read all those footnotes during the reading of the poem.

What do you think?

Lynda
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Lmnei wrote: December 13th, 2020, 8:37 pm Hi Devorah!

I would love to read some Latin again! Can I please have the following sections?

12,13,15,25,31,32,34-37,43-45

Many thanks!

Lynda
Thank you! :D
Lmnei wrote: December 13th, 2020, 8:59 pm Hi Devorah -

Me again - can you please look at Section 12 for me?

I am just reading over the poems and I know you said you want foot notes read, however there are a LOT of LONG footnotes in that poem and I am wondering if I should read them all at the end? So I would say (example of the first one) The bright green hue of JASPER (Footnote 1) saith, then continue the poem putting the word (Footnote X) after each of the gems listed. Then at the end of the poem say (Footnote 1) and read from the bottom of page 42 onwards. If the poem is going to sound very disjointed if I read all those footnotes during the reading of the poem.

What do you think?

Lynda
Can you double check the section number? Section 12 doesn't have any footnotes, so I'm not sure where to look.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I see you gave a page number. Give me a sec...