COMPLETE - [PSYCHOLOGY] Group: Psychological Types by Carl Jung -lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Psychological Types: Or, the Psychology of Individuation by Carl Gustav Jung (1875 - 1961). Translated by Helton Godwin Baynes (1882 - 1943)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/psychological-types-or-the-psychology-of-individuation-by-carl-gustav-jung/

Volunteers outside the USA: Carl Gustav Jung died in 1961. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955) or Canada (author's death plus 50 years), UNLESS the rule of shorter term applies.
Ever wondered if there is any "theoretical basis" for the well-known Myers–Briggs Type Indicator Personality Test? In this groundbreaking work of typology, Jung proposes three key dichotomies - extraversion/introversion, sensation/intuition, as well as thinking/feeling - as an attempt to reconcile the differing theories of Sigmund Freud and Alfred Adler. (Cao Yuqing)
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/psychological_types/
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Psychology

Keywords that describe the book: psychology, Jung, typology

============================================
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Section [number] of Psychological Types: Or, the Psychology of Individuation. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Psychological Types: Or, the Psychology of Individuation, by Carl Gustav Jung. Translated by Helton Godwin Baynes (1882 - 1943) [Section]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Section]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Psychological Types: Or, the Psychology of Individuation, by Carl Gustav Jung. Translated by Helton Godwin Baynes (1882 - 1943)"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  8. AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    psychologicaltypes_##_jung_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. psychologicaltypes_01_jung_128kb.mp3)
  9. Example ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Please ignore tags - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
    Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: linny
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    To clarify, please read all the footnotes in the following format:
    After reading the whole sentence(s) where the footnote mark occurs, say,
    "Footnote [number]. [Content of footnote] End of footnote [number]."
    After a short silence (~1 sec), you may continue reading the main text.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!

In view of the MARCH TO THE FINISH LINE initiative:
"To be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, all unrecorded sections that were claimed more than 2 months ago will be orphaned on March 7th unless the claimants post in this thread before then to reclaim the section."
Last edited by YuqingJune on March 13th, 2021, 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Hopping up and down and waving. :D

Owlivia/Deborah
🦉
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

I'll be glad to join as DPL if you still need one. :D
==========
Susanne
linny

Post by linny »

I can MC this for you. I highly recommend a shorter file name. Maybe along the lines of psychologicaltypes_##_jung_128kb.mp3 or psychofindividuation_##_jung_128kb.mp3.

I'll be back soon with the MW.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

linny wrote: December 5th, 2020, 8:56 am I can MC this for you. I highly recommend a shorter file name. Maybe along the lines of psychologicaltypes_##_jung_128kb.mp3 or psychofindividuation_##_jung_128kb.mp3.

I'll be back soon with the MW.
Thanks for the advice! I'll go with the former.
I'll update the MW with all the section titles in a short while.
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Sunrise2020 wrote: December 5th, 2020, 7:36 am I'll be glad to join as DPL if you still need one. :D
Yes, you're on it! Thanks for offering to help out here. :thumbs:
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

I've filled in all the necessary details for the MW already.

Could you help to remove the excess sections (77-99), Linette? There was a miscalculation on my part. Apologies!

After that, I hope we're all set for "Readers Wanted" and get started!

Thank you!
Cheers,
linny

Post by linny »

I'm so sorry. :oops: I accidentally deleted your conclusion section. I left you a blank one. I don't remember what you had in the notes section or I would have fixed it myself.

Off to readers wanted.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

linny wrote: December 7th, 2020, 3:38 pm I'm so sorry. :oops: I accidentally deleted your conclusion section. I left you a blank one. I don't remember what you had in the notes section or I would have fixed it myself.

Off to readers wanted.
No worries! It's alright now. Thanks a lot! :thumbs:
Cheers,
AlexanderShin

Post by AlexanderShin »

Hello, if this is still available, I would like to volunteer and read sections 1-4. My deadline is December 12, 2020. Sections 5-7 can also be completed, yet I may need extra time or assistance.
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

AlexanderShin wrote: December 7th, 2020, 10:41 pm Hello, if this is still available, I would like to volunteer and read sections 1-4. My deadline is December 12, 2020. Sections 5-7 can also be completed, yet I may need extra time or assistance.
Hi Alexander! There's really no hurry. What we have here is usually a 2-month deadline!

And yes, congratulations for passing your 1-minute test. Sections 1-4 are reserved for you now!

Before you start, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Thank you again for your interest!
Cheers,
Pfistera

Post by Pfistera »

Hello. I would like to request sections 0 and 32-37 please. Thank you.

Adam Pfister
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

I would like to claim Sections 18, 26, and 27, please.

Thank you!

Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Look, the beginnings of Myers-Briggs!

Could I do sections 50 and 51 please?
Let's see what he has to say 'bout them nerdy types. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Pfistera wrote: December 8th, 2020, 7:14 pm Hello. I would like to request sections 0 and 32-37 please. Thank you.

Adam Pfister
Hi! Thanks for your interest. Could you submit your 1-minute test in the Listeners Forum first? This is just to make sure your settings are fine.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Once you get a green light for your test, you're good to go!

Is your preferred "Display Name" Adam Pfister? Also, will you want me to put that link onto your librivox reader's page?

I'll reserve sections 0 and 32-37 for you for the time being.
Have fun!
Cheers,