COMPLETE: Morna Lee, and Other Poems, by Mary Hannay Foott - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GiniPug

Post by GiniPug »

Hi,

Here is my recording for section 26: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_26_foott_128kb.mp3
Duration: 1:25
ChingYi

Post by ChingYi »

Hi,

May I claim section 5 - In The Land of Dreams?
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ChingYi wrote: December 21st, 2020, 7:42 pm Hi,

May I claim section 5 - In The Land of Dreams?
Thank you, ChingYi, I have signed up.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: December 21st, 2020, 5:46 pm
alanmapstone wrote: December 21st, 2020, 10:04 am Section 17 - Wilhelm II
This is "Kaiser Bill" of WW1 being written about. I wonder how she felt during the war?
Image how Queen Victoria would've felt were she still alive at the time. Kaiser Bill was, let's see, her grandson, and a first cousin of the future King George V, as well as of Queens Marie of Romania, Maud of Norway, Victoria Eugenie of Spain, and the Empress Alexandra of Russia.
They were a pretty incestuous lot 😾 they had more in common with each other than any of them had with the people they ruled 👎
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

alanmapstone wrote: December 21st, 2020, 10:51 pm
SonOfTheExiles wrote: December 21st, 2020, 5:46 pm
alanmapstone wrote: December 21st, 2020, 10:04 am Section 17 - Wilhelm II
This is "Kaiser Bill" of WW1 being written about. I wonder how she felt during the war?
Image how Queen Victoria would've felt were she still alive at the time. Kaiser Bill was, let's see, her grandson, and a first cousin of the future King George V, as well as of Queens Marie of Romania, Maud of Norway, Victoria Eugenie of Spain, and the Empress Alexandra of Russia.
They were a pretty incestuous lot 😾 they had more in common with each other than any of them had with the people they ruled 👎
Well, at least the future Queen (or whatever it's called) of Denmark is an Aussie girl from Tassie. :wink:

Cheers,
Chris
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 17, 21

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Can I add 22 & 38?
Alan
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 40

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

alanmapstone wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 8:22 am Can I add 22 & 38?
Signed up!

I was wondering whether you'd take the Lifeboat poem, Alan, what with "Bristol fashion" being the gold-standard for shipshape and all that. :thumbs:

Cheers,
Chris
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 20 - Tolstoi

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_20_foott_128kb.mp3

Having claimed so many new poems in your collections I thought I ought to actually record one :lol:
Alan
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

alanmapstone wrote: December 27th, 2020, 3:57 am Section 20 - Tolstoi

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_20_foott_128kb.mp3

Having claimed so many new poems in your collections I thought I ought to actually record one :lol:
Thank you, Alan, queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
WhiskeySong

Post by WhiskeySong »

I would like to read Up North please. #4
It has an explanation at the end, I'm assuming that gets narrated as well after the 'end of poem' line?
Renaissance Woman
Life isn't about surviving the storm, but if we dance in the rain!
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

WhiskeySong wrote: January 1st, 2021, 12:02 am I would like to read Up North please. #4
It has an explanation at the end, I'm assuming that gets narrated as well after the 'end of poem' line?
Signed up! :thumbs:

Re the rather extensive footnote... I had a bit of a discussion with several people about this. The consensus was that it would be best left up to the person reading the section whether they read the poem then the footnote, or just read the poem. But whether or not the footnote is included, the "outro" (opposite of "intro"), that is, the "end of poem, etc" should come right at the end of the recording. It's the "over and out" of our Librivox recordings.

Thanks,
Chris
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

WhiskeySong

Post by WhiskeySong »

Re the rather extensive footnote... I had a bit of a discussion with several people about this. The consensus was that it would be best left up to the person reading the section whether they read the poem then the footnote, or just read the poem. But whether or not the footnote is included, the "outro" (opposite of "intro"), that is, the "end of poem, etc" should come right at the end of the recording. It's the "over and out" of our Librivox recordings.
I feel the explanation is important or the author would not have included it (being an author myself) plus anyone actually reading the poem would see it & the listener should not be deprived of the complete experience (IMO).

Just to be clear, since I'm a noob, & I want to learn best practices from the get go: I will read the last line of the poetry/say end of poem/say: 'explanation' or 'foot note' narrate the explanation/say 'this is the public domain (or whatever the actual wording is) & then end with my tag?

Or: I will read the last line of the poetry/say: 'explanation' or 'foot note' narrate the explanation/say end of poem & this is in the public domain (or whatever the actual wording is) & then end with my tag?

Sorry if I'm not being clear, Thanx for any help :)
Renaissance Woman
Life isn't about surviving the storm, but if we dance in the rain!