[ADV KIDS] Tom Swift and His Motorcycle - jo

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
JenniferFour
Posts: 454
Joined: December 11th, 2015, 5:04 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Post by JenniferFour » December 27th, 2020, 6:49 pm

Very speedy PL...thank you!
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM

ColleenMc
Posts: 1997
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » December 28th, 2020, 10:20 am

sjmarky wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 2:52 pm
Section 15 PL OK.
Thanks for being so quick on these and keeping the MW caught up, I appreciate the assist!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

NathanPFry
Posts: 23
Joined: October 19th, 2020, 3:00 pm

Post by NathanPFry » December 28th, 2020, 11:51 am

Ok, holiday week behind me, here are the revisions. New length 10 minutes 27 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/tomswiftmotorcycle_07_appleton_128kb.mp3
sjmarky wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 10:20 am
PL notes on Chapter 7

Opening silence 1.8 seconds. s/b 0.5 to 1.0 seconds
0:23 - 6.8 second pause.
1:00 - I wonder who that man was, and what he wanted by asking so many personal questions about dad?" missing
1:28 - "Whatever happened to you?" missing
End silence 3.9 seconds. s/b 5 seconds

sjmarky
Posts: 3020
Joined: August 28th, 2006, 8:47 pm
Location: Poictesme
Contact:

Post by sjmarky » December 28th, 2020, 2:29 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 10:20 am
sjmarky wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 2:52 pm
Section 15 PL OK.
Thanks for being so quick on these and keeping the MW caught up, I appreciate the assist!

Colleen
No probs.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page

sjmarky
Posts: 3020
Joined: August 28th, 2006, 8:47 pm
Location: Poictesme
Contact:

Post by sjmarky » December 28th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Chapter 7 now PL OK.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page

dltrial
Posts: 28
Joined: December 16th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Post by dltrial » December 29th, 2020, 3:30 pm


NathanPFry
Posts: 23
Joined: October 19th, 2020, 3:00 pm

Post by NathanPFry » December 29th, 2020, 3:37 pm


NathanPFry
Posts: 23
Joined: October 19th, 2020, 3:00 pm

Post by NathanPFry » December 29th, 2020, 3:39 pm

If anyone has gotten tied up and wants me to do a Chapter for them, say the word.

ColleenMc
Posts: 1997
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » December 29th, 2020, 4:48 pm

Thanks!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

ColleenMc
Posts: 1997
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » December 29th, 2020, 4:49 pm

NathanPFry wrote:
December 29th, 2020, 3:37 pm
Here's the link to Ch 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/tomswiftmotorcycle_11_appleton_128kb.mp3

12 minutes, 2 seconds
Thanks Nathan! One note- I clicked on the file to check and make sure it was the correct one (sometimes uploads get crossed up) and saw that the time stamp on the file is 12:37. I'm entering that as the time for now, please check on this and confirm which is the correct length.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

NathanPFry
Posts: 23
Joined: October 19th, 2020, 3:00 pm

Post by NathanPFry » December 30th, 2020, 5:15 am

Ah, yes you're right! 12:37
ColleenMc wrote:
December 29th, 2020, 4:49 pm
NathanPFry wrote:
December 29th, 2020, 3:37 pm
Here's the link to Ch 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/tomswiftmotorcycle_11_appleton_128kb.mp3

12 minutes, 2 seconds
Thanks Nathan! One note- I clicked on the file to check and make sure it was the correct one (sometimes uploads get crossed up) and saw that the time stamp on the file is 12:37. I'm entering that as the time for now, please check on this and confirm which is the correct length.

Colleen

sjmarky
Posts: 3020
Joined: August 28th, 2006, 8:47 pm
Location: Poictesme
Contact:

Post by sjmarky » December 30th, 2020, 10:08 am

Chapter 11 PL OK. However, it's just under the maximum volume at 91.9db. There are numerous spots where when you speak loudly the volume exceeds 100, causing distortion. I suggest turning down your recording volume a bit for future recordings.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page

retroindiereader
Posts: 28
Joined: July 30th, 2019, 10:57 am
Location: Arizona US

Post by retroindiereader » December 30th, 2020, 8:53 pm

~Shaun

sjmarky
Posts: 3020
Joined: August 28th, 2006, 8:47 pm
Location: Poictesme
Contact:

Post by sjmarky » December 31st, 2020, 9:47 am

Chapter 5 PL OK except end silence is only 3 seconds; s/b 5 seconds.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page

retroindiereader
Posts: 28
Joined: July 30th, 2019, 10:57 am
Location: Arizona US

Post by retroindiereader » December 31st, 2020, 10:01 am

sjmarky wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 9:47 am
Chapter 5 PL OK except end silence is only 3 seconds; s/b 5 seconds.
Reuploaded at 11 minutes and 42 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/tomswiftmotorcycle_05_appleton_128kb.mp3
~Shaun

Post Reply