[ADV KIDS] Tom Swift and His Motorcycle - jo

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
PSHarvey106

Post by PSHarvey106 » December 18th, 2020, 5:01 am

Hi,

If they are available, I would like to record sections 18 and 19.

Thank you,
Paul
Paul

ColleenMc

Post by ColleenMc » December 18th, 2020, 8:01 am

blairdm wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 7:11 pm
ColleenMc wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:43 pm
blairdm wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 2:30 pm
Hi!

We would like to claim chapters 3, 14, 16, and 22.

This is our first time recording so we would like to go by "blairdm".
Hello and welcome!

Are you more than one person sharing an account? I'm curious about the "we"

As this will be your first recording for Librivox, please have a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording at: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording and also read carefully through all the notes in the first post of this thread if you haven't already done so.

Even if you are experienced with recording elsewhere, please send in a short test recording to check that all the technical settings meet LibriVox requirements before recording a full chapter.

1-minute test https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

We also need to know by what name you would like to be listed in the catalog. This can be the same as your forum name, your real name or another pseudonym of your choice. If you have a personal website, that can be linked as well.

I will put a hold on the chapters you requested, pending the completion of your 1-minute test.

Thanks and welcome to Librivox. :)
Hi! Yes, we are a few students from a community service club sharing an account (for better organization on our end). We've sent in the 1-minute test. In the catalog, we'd like to be listed as Blair DM. Thank you, and we can't wait to get started!

Hi!

Thanks for clarifying. We have had group accounts before at LibriVox, but this is a first for me!

I saw the one minute test. Once sjmarky has reviewed the updated recording,I can officially assign the sections and you can get going.

Coincidentally we just had another new group account join up very recently, I encourage you to take a look at this thread here,
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=84296&p=1822971&hilit=Shared+account#p1822971

especially Availle’s response as she had some suggestions and caveats for group accounts which would be good for you guys to consider as well.
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

msfry

Post by msfry » December 18th, 2020, 8:20 am

NathanPFry wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 5:43 am
knotyouraveragejo wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 8:48 pm
NathanPFry wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 1:44 pm
Hi, Colleen, I'm happy to read any of the first four chapters. Just let me know what you need, thanks!
Hi Nathan,

You can choose whichever chapters you would like to read. For now, I've assigned you chapter 1. :) Meanwhile as this will be your first recording for Librivox, please have a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording and also read carefully through all the notes in the first post of this thread if you haven't already done so.

Even if you are experienced with recording elsewhere, please send in a short test recording to check that all the technical settings meet LibriVox requirements before recording a full chapter. 

1-minute test

We also need to know by what name you would like to be listed in the catalog. This can be the same as your forum name, your real name or another pseudonym of your choice. If you have a personal website, that can be linked as well.

Thanks and welcome to Librivox. :)

Ok, Great! I plan to do the 1-min test today and will review the newbie guide again!
Jo and Colleen. Nathan Fry is my son, and wanted me to let you know he is interested in participating, but having a devil of a time signing in to Librivox. Yesterday, with advice from Tricia which I conveyed to him, he managed to sign in successfully (by taking the dot out of his gmail email address). This morning, using the same credentials, again he could not get in. He is unable to reset his password at this time. Have you any advice for him? I wonder if he could negate his membership and start over, using the same username and a new password. Any advice is appreciated, which I will convey to him, or you could email him directly.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » December 18th, 2020, 11:05 am

Hi Michele, I will PM you to see what I can do so Nathan can get logged back in. Jo
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

sjmarky

Post by sjmarky » December 18th, 2020, 3:07 pm

blairdm's 1-minute test was approved.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page

ColleenMc

Post by ColleenMc » December 19th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Blairdm sections assigned.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc

Post by ColleenMc » December 19th, 2020, 1:47 pm

PSHarvey106 wrote:
December 18th, 2020, 5:01 am
Hi,

If they are available, I would like to record sections 18 and 19.

Thank you,
Paul
Thanks! They are yours!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

NathanPFry

Post by NathanPFry » December 22nd, 2020, 9:27 am

Colleen, looks like my login issues are finally resolved and I've passed the one-minute test and am ready to start reading. I can do Chapter 7 or 11 if either of them are open. Thanks

JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour » December 22nd, 2020, 12:21 pm

I would like to record Chap 15.
Jennifer
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM

ColleenMc

Post by ColleenMc » December 22nd, 2020, 12:33 pm

NathanPFry wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 9:27 am
Colleen, looks like my login issues are finally resolved and I've passed the one-minute test and am ready to start reading. I can do Chapter 7 or 11 if either of them are open. Thanks
Nathan, great to have you! Glad you were able to get back in. Do you want to sign up for both or one of them? I'll put you down for Chapter 7 for now and can add Chapter 11 if you want it immediately, or you can do 7 and see how you like it and then decide if you want more.

Edit to add: It looks like you are not in the catalog yet. Do you want to be listed there as Nathan P. Fry or some other name? Do you have a website/podcast/etc you want your profile linked to?

Thanks!
Colleen
Last edited by ColleenMc on December 22nd, 2020, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc

Post by ColleenMc » December 22nd, 2020, 12:34 pm

JenniferFour wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 12:21 pm
I would like to record Chap 15.
Jennifer
You got it! Thanks for joining in!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour » December 22nd, 2020, 1:07 pm

Thanks!
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM

NathanPFry

Post by NathanPFry » December 22nd, 2020, 2:27 pm

I just attempted my first recording - Chapter 7. Not really sure whether I've recorded, edited or uploaded correctly, but I tried to follow directions to the best of my understanding (I'm a computer dunce) and here's the link! Any advice will be appreciated

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/tomswiftmotorcycle_07_appleton_128kb.mp3

File length 10 minutes 24 seconds
Last edited by NathanPFry on December 23rd, 2020, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

SopB

Post by SopB » December 22nd, 2020, 6:54 pm

Thank you so much for Chapter One!!! :D

NathanPFry

Post by NathanPFry » December 23rd, 2020, 6:12 am

Concerning the catalog, I guess just Nathan Fry. I might add a website or podcast down the road if the recording bug takes root, but not for now, Thanks! If Chapter 7 came out ok the way I did it I can do Chapter 11 maybe later today.
ColleenMc wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 12:33 pm
NathanPFry wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 9:27 am
Nathan, great to have you! Glad you were able to get back in. Do you want to sign up for both or one of them? I'll put you down for Chapter 7 for now and can add Chapter 11 if you want it immediately, or you can do 7 and see how you like it and then decide if you want more.

Edit to add: It looks like you are not in the catalog yet. Do you want to be listed there as Nathan P. Fry or some other name? Do you have a website/podcast/etc you want your profile linked to?

Thanks!
Colleen