COMPLETE: Tom Swift and His Motorcycle - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

StevenJonPeterson wrote: November 29th, 2020, 11:13 am I’d like to read chapter 6.

Steve Peterson
Section 6 assigned, Steve.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

NathanPFry wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 1:44 pm Hi, Colleen, I'm happy to read any of the first four chapters. Just let me know what you need, thanks!
Hi Nathan,

You can choose whichever chapters you would like to read. For now, I've assigned you chapter 1. :) Meanwhile as this will be your first recording for Librivox, please have a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording and also read carefully through all the notes in the first post of this thread if you haven't already done so.

Even if you are experienced with recording elsewhere, please send in a short test recording to check that all the technical settings meet LibriVox requirements before recording a full chapter. 

1-minute test

We also need to know by what name you would like to be listed in the catalog. This can be the same as your forum name, your real name or another pseudonym of your choice. If you have a personal website, that can be linked as well.

Thanks and welcome to Librivox. :)
Jo
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Thanks Jo,

Sorry for the hassle.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

My internet was having issues for several days and it's been hard to get in here. Thanks so much to Jo for jumping in and catching things up. I'm back online now and will be catching up with this!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Chapter 8 is PL OK!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

ColleenMc wrote: December 5th, 2020, 9:52 am Chapter 8 is PL OK!

Colleen
Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I can empathize. I was down for over two weeks a month or so ago. No fun. :(

Here is Chapter 10:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/tomswiftmotorcycle_10_appleton_128kb.mp3

Time 13:07

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
StevenJonPeterson

Post by StevenJonPeterson »

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Kalamareader wrote: December 5th, 2020, 10:29 am

Colleen
Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I can empathize. I was down for over two weeks a month or so ago. No fun. :(

Here is Chapter 10:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/tomswiftmotorcycle_10_appleton_128kb.mp3

Wayne
Thanks! It wasn't even my computer, Comcast/Xfinity was up and down (mostly down) for our whole neighborhood for three days. Very frustrating for those who actually depend on it to work from home or do school (lots of us right now). Fortunately I could mostly work offline and use phone as hotspot for quick uploads of work-work, and I could do Librivox recording/editing offline, and check boards through the phone, but couldn't manage updating magic windows or posting very well. If it happens again I will send a message to someone, but we kept being told by Comcast that it would be one more hour, or early afternoon or whatever, then it would come up for a little and go down again, so I kept expecting it to REALLY be back momentarily. Very frustrating all around.

I have your new chapter in the MW and will get to prooflistening in the next day or so.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

StevenJonPeterson wrote: December 5th, 2020, 11:39 am https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/tomswiftmotorcycle_06_appleton_128kb.mp3

Here's Chapter #6 6:33

Thanks, Steve Peterson
Thanks Steve! I have it in the MW reading for prooflistening. I will get to it in the next day or so.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

retroindiereader

Post by retroindiereader »

Could I claim chapters 5 and 9?
~Shaun

Current Solo Projects:
larryhayes7

Post by larryhayes7 »

Like to request: Chapter XIII Caught In A Storm
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

retroindiereader wrote: December 6th, 2020, 7:13 am Could I claim chapters 5 and 9?
Sure! I have them in Magic Window for you.

Thanks!
Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

larryhayes7 wrote: December 6th, 2020, 9:33 am Like to request: Chapter XIII Caught In A Storm
You got it, thanks!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Kalamareader wrote: December 5th, 2020, 10:29 am

Colleen

Here is Chapter 10:

Wayne
Chapter 10 is PL OK!
Colleen McMahon

ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

StevenJonPeterson wrote: December 5th, 2020, 11:39 am https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/tomswiftmotorcycle_06_appleton_128kb.mp3

Here's Chapter #6 6:33

Thanks, Steve Peterson
Hi Steve,

Chapter 6 is read very well but needs a couple of technical fixes:

1) The volume is a little too low at 85.7 dB; it needs to be between 86 and 92. If you amplify the whole recording by 2-3 decibels it will fix it. let me know if you need specific info on doing that.

2) The silence at the end of the file needs to be 5 seconds, yours is about 2-3 seconds. You can just copy/paste a bit of silence from another part of the recording onto the end section for a quick fix on this.

Thanks!
Colleen
Colleen McMahon