COMPLETE: Woman Suffrage and Politics by Carrie Chapman Catt and Nettie Rogers Shuler -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 26 is PL OK!

Thank you for taking care of the spot PL for section 18, Jo!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
kharrelson

Post by kharrelson »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: April 19th, 2021, 4:15 pm It's fine, Kayty. Slightly noticeable because I was listening for it with a headset, but not distracting if I weren't looking for it. Your new mic sounds good though! Since I've essentially done the Spot PL, I'm going to go ahead and mark this PL OK. :)
Thank you so much! Yes, I honestly love my new mic and wish I would have invested in it sooner, but oh well! At least I have it now. :) I'm glad I was able to help contribute to this work. :thumbs:
Kayty Harrelson l Recording on Audacity
"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading." —Logan Pearsall Smith
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I've orphaned section 8 as the claim has expired.
Jo
StillzJam42

Post by StillzJam42 »

I'd like to read chapter 8.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi StillzJam42. You are welcome to read chapter 8, but first, please see my comments on your test recording.

Meanwhile, let me know by what name you would like to be credited in the catalog. This can be your forum name, real name or another pseudonym as you prefer.
Jo
StillzJam42

Post by StillzJam42 »

My forum name works for me.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

OK you are all set. I've added your catalog name to the database. You can see this on your catalog page at http://librivox.org/reader/16036

If you click on the link for Reader Section Details below your username you will find a summary table showing the status of all the sections that you have signed up to read in open projects.  Click on any of the thread titles in this list to navigate to the thread on the forum.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Section 11-13 claims have expired. These sections have been reopened.
Jo
mourningstar

Post by mourningstar »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 6th, 2021, 1:23 pm
mourningstar wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:10 am Hi! May I claim Sec. 21, Ch. 18 please?

Thanks!
N.
Section 21 assigned to you as requested!
I'm so sorry, but I've got to give my chapter up. Life went and got a little wild on me.

N.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

B
No problem. Thanks for letting me know.
Jo
Jharmon8

Post by Jharmon8 »

I had originally claimed sections 11-13, and have been working on section 11 that I am just about done with as I had some technical difficulties. But I will go ahead and give up sections 12 and 13. I apologize for taking so long, life has just got in the way (along with technical difficulties).

So I would like to keep the section 11 since I am almost done with it, if that is ok. Please let me know as soon as you can. Thanks in advance.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

That's fine. If you had let me know you were working on it, I wouldn't have deleted your claims. I'll put you back in for section 11. If you think you have time and want to reclaim the other two, just let me know.
Jo
Jharmon8

Post by Jharmon8 »

No worries, I am still new to all of this and learning all the ropes. I guess I did not realize there was a timeframe before the chapters expired on you. Lessoned learned and I will know better for the future.

If no one has claimed 12 when I turn in 11, I will go ahead and finish 12 and turn it in as well.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Sounds like a plan. :) Just be sure to claim before you record.

For future reference, here is the bit in the top post that explains the deadlines for submitting files
Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen. Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
Jo
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Hi, I'd like to claim section 21. :)
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx