COMPLETE: Woman Suffrage and Politics by Carrie Chapman Catt and Nettie Rogers Shuler -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kharrelson

Post by kharrelson »

Hello!

I've finished recording section 18. Please let me know if any edits need to be made. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/womansuffrage_18_catt_128kb.mp3
18:31
Kayty Harrelson l Recording on Audacity
"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading." —Logan Pearsall Smith
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks for your file, Kayty. Added to MW ready for PL.
Jo
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

kharrelson wrote: March 29th, 2021, 11:31 am Hello!

I've finished recording section 18. Please let me know if any edits need to be made. Thanks!

Section 18 sounds great! I have just one note: at 2:27, "at least furnished precedents," you say "at last furnished precedents" (p. 228)

"Federad suffrage amendment" at 1:02 (p. 227) appears to be a typo in the original. I'll leave it up to you as to whether to retake it as "federal"!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
czandra

Post by czandra »

Hi. this book is still listed in the "needing readers" thread....?

Cz
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said,
"no one would come here if they weren't allowed to talk out loud."
So I read out loud.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I just forgot to move it. I have a lot going in real life currently so that's not surprising.
Jo
kharrelson

Post by kharrelson »

Scarbo wrote: March 29th, 2021, 4:48 pm
kharrelson wrote: March 29th, 2021, 11:31 am Hello!

Section 18 sounds great! I have just one note: at 2:27, "at least furnished precedents," you say "at last furnished precedents" (p. 228)

"Federad suffrage amendment" at 1:02 (p. 227) appears to be a typo in the original. I'll leave it up to you as to whether to retake it as "federal"!
Thank you for the notes! I will fix that section asap. I was wondering about "federad" haha. I wasn't sure if I should just stick to the text, typos and all, or fix it. Federal does make sense there so I'll probably change it to that since I'm already going in to change some things anyway. It might be next week before I get the chance to record again but I'll get it done!
"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading." —Logan Pearsall Smith
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

It's OK to correct an obvious typo in the text. Just not to change anything else! :)
Jo
misikis719

Post by misikis719 »

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks for your file misikis719. Please check back for PL notes.
Jo
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

misikis719 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 12:01 pm Here is my section (time = 14:14). #28

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/womansuffrage_28_catt_128kb.mp3
PL OK! Thank you!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
kharrelson

Post by kharrelson »

Hey there!

So the old microphone I was using broke and I upgraded gear. As a result, there's a pretty big quality/sound difference between how I was recording and how I'm recording now, which makes my PL requested edits sound really out of place. Is that okay, or should I re-record the whole thing? I'm not really Audacity savvy enough to tweak it to a match and I'm not even sure that's possible with the difference in quality. I'd appreciate your advice and if I need to record again, that's okay.

Thank you!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Did you upload the edited file so I can have a listen?
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

The reader for section 26 has not logged on since December, so I have taken the liberty of editing the file and adjusting the volume. It is ready for Spot PL.
Jo
kharrelson

Post by kharrelson »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: April 18th, 2021, 10:02 pm Did you upload the edited file so I can have a listen?
Now I have!

18:13

The parts I've changed start at ~55 seconds and ~2:26
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

It's fine, Kayty. Slightly noticeable because I was listening for it with a headset, but not distracting if I weren't looking for it. Your new mic sounds good though! Since I've essentially done the Spot PL, I'm going to go ahead and mark this PL OK. :)
Jo