COMPLETE [BIBLE HISTORY] A Class-Book of Old Testament History by George Frederick Maclear-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cwallace457

Post by cwallace457 »

May I have Chapter 9 please?
Judges4

Post by Judges4 »

I’m all cleared for takeoff (aka recording).
I’d like to be credited as “Jael”.

And...before I record anything, when it says, for example, “Judg. 17” (without a Roman numeral), should I say “Judges seventeen” or “Judges [most recent chapter listed] seventeen”?
Second, am I supposed to read the subtitle and/or title? For example, “OTHNIEL AND EHUD, DEBORAH AND BARAK.
Judg. ii.–v. B.C. circ. 1406–1296.”
-Jael <><
AltonKane

Post by AltonKane »

Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_12_maclear_128kb.mp3

9:59.80

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_23_maclear_128kb.mp3

12:55.71

Neither one is a thing of beauty, alas, but the additions have been made. I increased the volume via Audacity on section 12, and got an all-clear on both from the Checker.

The data loss is going to be keeping me occupied for a bit, so if I may not respond right away to any messages.

Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

cwallace457 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 1:58 pm May I have Chapter 9 please?
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

From the instructions for this, and all, projects under Point 2

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that post again here with your request and also let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Judges4 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 3:29 pm I’m all cleared for takeoff (aka recording).
I’d like to be credited as “Jael”.

And...before I record anything, when it says, for example, “Judg. 17” (without a Roman numeral), should I say “Judges seventeen” or “Judges [most recent chapter listed] seventeen”?
Second, am I supposed to read the subtitle and/or title? For example, “OTHNIEL AND EHUD, DEBORAH AND BARAK.
Judg. ii.–v. B.C. circ. 1406–1296.”
Congratulations!
And these are good questions.

So this is Book 7 Chapter three, and the chapter name is OTHNIEL AND EHUD, DEBORAH AND BARAK.Judg. ii.–v. B.C. circ. 1406–1296. The latter would be read as Judges 2 to 5 BC circa 1406 to 1296

I can't find any references that don't have a Roman numeral. I see (Judg. v. 17) so that's just "Judges 5:17" as we would more commonly write and read it.

And, I see that this chapter has section headings, such as, "Invasion from the North-east. Othniel." so please read those as well.

Let me know if this or anything else is unclear.
I love people who ask questions. :)

I'll have our MC add "Jael" as your display name.

Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view you personal catalog page. This is where you can track all of you LV projects, of which I hope there will be many!

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Owlivia wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 8:13 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_12_maclear_128kb.mp3

Neither one is a thing of beauty, alas, but the additions have been made. I increased the volume via Audacity on section 12, and got an all-clear on both from the Checker.

The data loss is going to be keeping me occupied for a bit, so if I may not respond right away to any messages.

Owlivia/Deborah
Oh, you have my sympathy!
I had a hard disk crash and I still haven't got my data. Geek Squad couldn't do it and I sent it to a recovery company that was a beast to deal with. They finally quoted me a price of $1700 :shock: Maybe after December is over I can look for another alternative. Meanwhile, all my LV filed were lost. I've got cloud back up implemented now, and this won't happen again.

Sorry about not clarifying about reading the Scripture references - totally my mistake. I've updated the instructions to reflect that now.

I'm sure your recordings will be just fine. You're good. :D
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks for the fast response!
We'll have a PL report for you soon.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Owlivia wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 8:13 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_12_maclear_128kb.mp3

Owlivia/Deborah
I've marked these Ready for Spot PL.
Thanks for the extra effort!
~ Larry
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

PL notes:
*End silence should be around 5 seconds, this one has only 3.

Great work! The audio is nice and clear, and your delivery is perfect! Please add 2 seconds and re-upload, then this should be good to go.

Thanks!
~Rosebud
AltonKane

Post by AltonKane »

RSlabaugh wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 10:22 am
PL notes:
*End silence should be around 5 seconds, this one has only 3.

Great work! The audio is nice and clear, and your delivery is perfect! Please add 2 seconds and re-upload, then this should be good to go.

Thanks!
Easy fix!
Ready to go!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_05_maclear_128kb.mp3 (10:51)
AltonKane

Post by AltonKane »

I'll do Section 10 - History of Joseph
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

AltonKane wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 2:18 pm Easy fix!
Ready to go!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/classbookoldtestament_05_maclear_128kb.mp3 (10:51)
PL OK :clap:

Looks like this is your first section since you're back? I hope this time it'll work out for you to stay longer!! :)
~Rosebud
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

AltonKane wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 2:25 pm I'll do Section 10 - History of Joseph
You've got it.
Thank you!
~ Larry
OneForTheBooks

Post by OneForTheBooks »

Hi again. May I claim Section 18 entitled Moses in the Mount?

Toward the end of the section, there is a scripture reference "Comp. 2 Cor. iii. 13". What does the abbreviation "Comp." stand for and how should it be read? Also in this section appears the abbreviation "Viz.", which I will read as "viz" unless you prefer otherwise.