COMPLETE: The Wishing-Stone Stories by Thornton W. Burgess - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BrianTheMagicLeopard

Post by BrianTheMagicLeopard »

I've just finished recording my part, and I have a question about the information to be put at the start and the end.

silverquill wrote: October 15th, 2020, 10:06 pm Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:

NOTE: There are special instructions for the intro. There are three sections of four chapters each. Intro starts with the name of that section. Also, DO NOT read picture captions.
START of recording (Intro)
  • " [Section Title] Chapter [number][Story Title] of The Wishing-Stone Stories. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "The Wishing-Stone Stories, by Thornton W. Burgess. [Section Title] Chapter [number][Story Title]"

Does this mean that I should start the recording by saying:
"Tommy's Change of Heart, chapter 1. How it Happened that Reddy Fox Gained a Friend, of The Wishing Stone Stories. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox.org"

Followed by: "Recorded by Peter Davies."

Followed by: "The Wishing Stone Stories, by Thornton W. Burgess. Tommy's Change of Heart, chapter 1. How it Happened that Reddy Fox Gained a Friend."

Is this right, or do I only need to add the last two parts?

Many thanks for your help.
RozeLynn

Post by RozeLynn »

I would love to tackle section 5 as my first recording! Just waiting to get my 1 minute test OK'd.
Lynnette :rose:

:!: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. :!:
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

BrianTheMagicLeopard wrote: October 21st, 2020, 1:35 pm

"Tommy's Change of Heart, chapter 1. How it Happened that Reddy Fox Gained a Friend, of The Wishing Stone Stories. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox.org"

Followed by: "The Wishing Stone Stories, by Thornton W. Burgess. Tommy's Change of Heart, chapter 1. How it Happened that Reddy Fox Gained a Friend."

As the DPL I will be listening for exactly what you have written out. The only part that is optional is the "Recorded by Peter Davies" (though most people do include it).
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
BrianTheMagicLeopard

jennlea wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 4:38 amAs the DPL I will be listening for exactly what you have written out. The only part that is optional is the "Recorded by Peter Davies" (though most people do include it).
Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I should have the finished recording with you soon. :)
jvisi

Post by jvisi »

Hi there,
I would love to claim section 5 if it is still open. I am new to reading so you can list me as jvisi in the catalog.

Thanks! :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BrianTheMagicLeopard wrote: October 21st, 2020, 1:35 pm

As, Jen said, this is exactly right!
Thanks.
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RozeLynn wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 2:21 am I would love to tackle section 5 as my first recording! Just waiting to get my 1 minute test OK'd.
That would be great!
I've assigned this to you. But, let me know how you would like to be listed in the LV catalog -- real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish.

Fellow Oregonina,
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jvisi wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 6:51 am Hi there,
I would love to claim section 5 if it is still open. I am new to reading so you can list me as jvisi in the catalog.

Well, there is a previous claim for this section that came in a little before yours.
Would you care to choose another?

How did your test recording go?
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
AngelaMary

Post by AngelaMary »

Hi, thanks for posting this fun project. May I please read section 8 How Tommy Envied Honker the Goose? - New reader AngelaMary
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

AngelaMary wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:03 pm Hi, thanks for posting this fun project. May I please read section 8 How Tommy Envied Honker the Goose? - New reader AngelaMary
Running out the door, but I will add you for this.

Please complete your one-minute test recording, and let me know how you want to be listed in the LibriVox catalog.
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Claim section 12 please.
Signature: KATHLEEN
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

2839reader wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 3:05 pm Claim section 12 please.
Thank you!
HE IS RISEN
~ Larry
BrianTheMagicLeopard

Here is my first recording - I hope it's alright.

I re-recorded the intro separately, as I got the wording slightly wrong in the original version. Here is the intro -

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_09_intro_burgess_128kb.mp3

And here is the story itself -

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/wishingstonestories_09_burgess_128kb.mp3
RozeLynn

Post by RozeLynn »

silverquill wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 8:24 am
RozeLynn wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 2:21 am I would love to tackle section 5 as my first recording! Just waiting to get my 1 minute test OK'd.
That would be great!
I've assigned this to you. But, let me know how you would like to be listed in the LV catalog -- real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish.

Fellow Oregonina,
Great! I'll use Lynnette Rose in the catalog. Thank you! :) Always nice to bump into another "Oregonina"! :heart:
Lynnette :rose:

:!: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. :!:
jvisi

Post by jvisi »

silverquill wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 8:26 am
jvisi wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 6:51 am Hi there,

Well, there is a previous claim for this section that came in a little before yours.
Would you care to choose another?

How did your test recording go?
Sure, I can do section 2 or 3 if they haven’t been claimed yet.

I believe the 1-min test went well. I posted, received feedback and then reposted my edits. I don’t think I received any comments after that, so I hope I am ok to start reading.

Thanks!
Jvisi