COMPLETE The Life and Death of Mr. Badman by John Bunyan edited by John Brown - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

pattymarie wrote: March 28th, 2021, 1:45 am How sad, David. We'll await your return eagerly. Do you record at some kind of public facility? I record at home with an inexpensive hand held Sony recorder and transfer files from it onto my computer for editing and uploading to LV. Then, I'm fortunate to have a small room near in the middle of my basement apartment that is almost entirely insulated from outside noise--the worst is occasional thumping, playing of music or moving of furniture by the neighbors upstairs, but there's an hour or more of quiet often enough.
Thank you for your kind words, Pattymarie! My current living space is rarely conducive to recording. Still, I am unlikely to live here long-term, and I hope that my next place will have a quiet room for recording. If Larry completes all his parts before I am able to get back to my normal recording space, I could try to record my last part here, but I would prefer treat that as a last resort as I am concerned that the sound quality would be poor.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Salvationist wrote: March 28th, 2021, 6:30 am
pattymarie wrote: March 28th, 2021, 1:45 am How sad, David. We'll await your return eagerly. Do you record at some kind of public facility? I record at home with an inexpensive hand held Sony recorder and transfer files from it onto my computer for editing and uploading to LV. Then, I'm fortunate to have a small room near in the middle of my basement apartment that is almost entirely insulated from outside noise--the worst is occasional thumping, playing of music or moving of furniture by the neighbors upstairs, but there's an hour or more of quiet often enough.
Thank you for your kind words, Pattymarie! My current living space is rarely conducive to recording. Still, I am unlikely to live here long-term, and I hope that my next place will have a quiet room for recording. If Larry completes all his parts before I am able to get back to my normal recording space, I could try to record my last part here, but I would prefer treat that as a last resort as I am concerned that the sound quality would be poor.
Don't worry. I'm sure we can wait till you can get into a place that yields good sound quality. :)
Pattymarie
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Salvationist wrote: March 27th, 2021, 4:36 pm Unfortunately, I have once again lost access to my recording space due to COVID-19 restrictions. I had hoped to record my last part for Mr. Attentive on Monday, but it is looking like I won't be able to record it for another month or more. I'm sad to have to take a break from recording Mr. Attentive when there is so little left to record, but this project will be my priority once I am able to record again.
Not to worry!
I know I have a LOT to record before I catch up with you, and I will still make this a priority. The March Madness is drawing to a close. :mrgreen: So, relax and I'll let you know if we need anything, but I expect smooth sailing.

We've moved several times since I started with LV. For awhile I had space in a church, but the last place was a house on Main St -- four lanes -- and the trucks would rattle the whole place! But now we are on six acres of wooded hillside! I had hoped to have a renovated shed turned into a recording space, but I got coopted by a son-in-law who needed a shop. Still, it is quiet in our space, but less so with the kids studying from home. So, I record in the evening after everyone else is in bed. :lol:

We'll be here when you are able to resume.
Thanks for all of your hard work on this project. :thumbs:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Continuing, here is Section 3 Ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_03_bunyan_128kb.mp3 20:53

I have Section 4 ready for final edit, so should have it up in a few days, and will continue to record regularly.
And, I have some updating to do to the MW.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 03 is PL OK. On to section 04. :)
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 4 is pl ok. :)
Pattymarie
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I'm back! Here's the final part for Mr. Attentive:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_19_attentive_bunyan_128kb.mp3 3:14

I found no more narrator bits, so it looks like the only ones are in Part 1. I could see only one typo in the Gutenberg text for this part: "let me see hat shew of proof you have for this your opinion" should be "let me see what shew of proof you have for this your opinion"

It has been a lot of fun recording for this project! I look forward to hearing it all stitched together.

I've already created the album cover art. Please send me a message once the project is complete so I can finish the information on the inside cover.
Salvationist

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Good news!
I've updated the MW and have also edited Section 5 so it is now Ready for PL.

I admire your covers! I'm trying to learn and have done a few, but they are not very creative.

I'll try to pick up the pace. :D
~ Larry
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

silverquill wrote: May 6th, 2021, 10:53 am Good news!
I've updated the MW and have also edited Section 5 so it is now Ready for PL.

I admire your covers! I'm trying to learn and have done a few, but they are not very creative.

I'll try to pick up the pace. :D
Thank you for the encouragement about my covers, Larry! I really appreciate you sticking with this lengthy project as well.
Salvationist

pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I appreciate your work, David and Larry, and thank God for the love you share with the rest of us on these Christian classics projects for him, for his great followers who've served him and his people by writing the books, and for the listeners who are bound to be helped along by these recordings in having Christ formed in them.

Just fyi, David, the first three of the remaining sections you've done are pl ok. I think I'll wait for Larry to insert his parts before proofing the rest, though, and marking them all.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 5 is pl ok except that there are only three seconds of silence at the end.
Pattymarie
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

pattymarie wrote: May 11th, 2021, 1:31 pm Section 5 is pl ok except that there are only three seconds of silence at the end.
Oh, my. I am almost OCD about those five seconds, so can't believe I missed this.

Anyway, I've corrected the file, updated the MW and marked it Ready for Spot PL.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your work on these, pattymarie! (And on so many other projects). It is a blessing to share in ministry in this way!
~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 5 is pl ok.

Yes, I view these projects as a ministry, Larry, and am honored and thankful to have them to participate in, especially while my church's physical ministries are paused by the pandemic--we're able to help people in need through our "benevolence fund," but ministries that involve face to face contact with numerous people like the "Moms and Tots" program for refugee mothers and children, which afforded a mixture of pre-school educational and recreational activities and medical counsel through pregnancies from nurses, and our "Kids' Corner" where we distributed children's clothing to the mothers aren't allowed to operate. Then my latest endeavor at personal evangelism in my immediate neighborhood seems like it went down in tragi-comic ruins Monday evening, though I have hope that the Lord will work good out of it.
Pattymarie
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

pattymarie wrote: May 11th, 2021, 12:52 pm I appreciate your work, David and Larry, and thank God for the love you share with the rest of us on these Christian classics projects for him, for his great followers who've served him and his people by writing the books, and for the listeners who are bound to be helped along by these recordings in having Christ formed in them.

Just fyi, David, the first three of the remaining sections you've done are pl ok. I think I'll wait for Larry to insert his parts before proofing the rest, though, and marking them all.
Thank you for the encouragement, Pattymarie! It is good to know that other people see the value in this project. Thank you for performing the prooflistening!
Salvationist