COMPLETE The Life and Death of Mr. Badman by John Bunyan edited by John Brown - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

We'll get this rolling!

I've checked over the preface and it is fine except we need a short outro: "End of Preface"
I'll grab that voice credit it put it at the beginning of the first section. Also I have one line of the narrator for Section one, but there are two more that we need. Also, we had discussed having you do an intro and outro for each section. (Using Part Number instead of chapter or section) Here is part of the note from earlier in the thread.

======

If you are going to do the intros and outros for each section, you can put them all in one file, as section 59

Intro: Part [number] of The Life and Death of Mr. Badman, by John Bunyan, edited by John Brown. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.
Outro: End of Part [number]

=====
Narrator for Part one

In addition to the snippet already given, there are two more narrator lines.

"And as he spake this, the water stood in his eyes."

"So they agreed to sit down under a tree: Then Mr. Wiseman proceeded as followeth."
====

Actually you can put ALL of the above, including "End of Preface" in the one file and I'll edit everything together.

So fare we haven't found any other narrator lines, but stay tuned.

There was probably a better way to set up the MW, but this will still work.

So, let me know how this sounds to you, and I'll start getting my parts down and the sections assembled.
Oh, I will just PL the parts as I assemble them, and pattymarie will PL the finished sections.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Thank you for the feedback.

All seems clear enough now! And I apologize for being so... I don't know what the right word would be. I'm always a little confused when there are various parts.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Progress! (Maybe.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_59_narrator_bunyan_128kb.mp3 (6:21)

These are the intros and outros, including the special outro for the very close of the project. Additionally, I have placed "End of Preface" at the end of this recording.

The Narrator voice credit is currently in the Preface, at the close. Should I edit that out and place it somewhere else? If so, I can place the correct "End of Preface" where it actually belongs.

Your call.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you, Kevin! Sounds good. I'll check it out and try to get started on editing as soon as I can so we can get something completed.

This is going to be another crazy week, starting out with failure of our furnace! Probably electrical, but the firs initial attempt didn't work, so who knows? This also means no hot water. :shock:
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

silverquill wrote: January 18th, 2021, 11:49 am Thank you, Kevin! Sounds good. I'll check it out and try to get started on editing as soon as I can so we can get something completed.

This is going to be another crazy week, starting out with failure of our furnace! Probably electrical, but the firs initial attempt didn't work, so who knows? This also means no hot water. :shock:
I'm so sorry to hear that. I won't make any jokes about "When I was a boy..." I'm sure you can imagine.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinS wrote: January 18th, 2021, 11:57 am
silverquill wrote: January 18th, 2021, 11:49 am Thank you, Kevin! Sounds good. I'll check it out and try to get started on editing as soon as I can so we can get something completed.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I won't make any jokes about "When I was a boy..." I'm sure you can imagine.
Heat and hot water back on! I just don't want to see the bill.

When I was a boy, I got a bath every Saturday night whether I needed it or not. :lol:
Hint - I did
And we polished our shoes and set them by the door ready for church.
Papa was the preacher so we had to look nice, you know.
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

As further proof that I don't know what I'm doing, I present here a link of some kind to the intros and outos for Parts 1 through 19 for this project.

I did Part 1 two ways as you will hear. Also, I did not repeat the part number at the close of the intro as the directions said something like "if required." I will be happy to add them, if you wish.

I will do the narrator lines as soon as I understand what they are. Haha! You'll never work with me again I fear!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_intro_outro.mp3 (6:32)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinS wrote: January 29th, 2021, 3:44 pm As further proof that I don't know what I'm doing, I present here a link of some kind to the intros and outos for Parts 1 through 19 for this project.

I did Part 1 two ways as you will hear. Also, I did not repeat the part number at the close of the intro as the directions said something like "if required." I will be happy to add them, if you wish.

I will do the narrator lines as soon as I understand what they are. Haha! You'll never work with me again I fear!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_intro_outro.mp3 (6:32)
Okay, Kevin, all of this sounds good.

I think the only thing we need are the two narrator lines in part one. You should see them above in the thread, but here they are:

"So they agreed to sit down under a tree: Then Mr. Wiseman proceeded as followeth."

ALSO I still need, "End of Preface"

You can just upload these as narrator_lines

We haven't found any of them in following sections yet, but will let you know if there are some.

I'm sorry for the confused way this came together, but we're glad to have your help with this project.

I have Part 2 about ready to go. It will still takes some time for me to get all of the chapters done. The bulk of it is Mr. Wiseman, so it's as long as doing a solo book . . . . But, I'll do my best to work on this on a regular basis.
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

silverquill wrote: February 8th, 2021, 11:40 am
Okay, Kevin, all of this sounds good.

I think the only thing we need are the two narrator lines in part one. You should see them above in the thread, but here they are:

ALSO I still need, "End of Preface"

You can just upload these as narrator_lines

We haven't found any of them in following sections yet, but will let you know if there are some.

I'm sorry for the confused way this came together, but we're glad to have your help with this project.

I have Part 2 about ready to go. It will still takes some time for me to get all of the chapters done. The bulk of it is Mr. Wiseman, so it's as long as doing a solo book . . . . But, I'll do my best to work on this on a regular basis.
No need to apologize. I'll get to this soon!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Making an effort to push ahead on this. It is a big project for my. Each chapter by the time I record, edit an assemble takes at least three hours. I'm glad to have the Attentive parts in and now the intros and outros.

I have Section one ready to go as soon as I have the two narrator lines.

I have Section two complied and ready to go, except for one part missing from Attentive. It is in this paragraph:

Atten. This his abhorring of that day, was not, I think, for the sake of the day itself: for as it is a day, it is nothing else but as other days of the Week: [But I suppose it were, think every godly as it was, grudging till it that day, was not, I think) as it is a day, it is nothing of the Week:] But I suppose that the reason of his loathing of it, was, for that God hath put sanctity and holiness upon it; also because it is the day above all the days of the week that ought to be spent in holy Devotion, in remembrance of our Lords Resurrection from the dead.

I can see how easy it is to jump a line; I've done the same thing.

I know you're not able to record right now, Mr. Attentive, but when able, just upload the missing sentence as a separate file and I'll insert it.

I'll go ahead with the other Sections, and then make sure pattymarie is still willing to PL the assembled sections.

Stay well and be blessed!
~ Larry
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

silverquill wrote: February 12th, 2021, 3:17 pm Making an effort to push ahead on this. It is a big project for my. Each chapter by the time I record, edit an assemble takes at least three hours. I'm glad to have the Attentive parts in and now the intros and outros.

I have Section one ready to go as soon as I have the two narrator lines.

I have Section two complied and ready to go, except for one part missing from Attentive. It is in this paragraph:

Atten. This his abhorring of that day, was not, I think, for the sake of the day itself: for as it is a day, it is nothing else but as other days of the Week: [But I suppose it were, think every godly as it was, grudging till it that day, was not, I think) as it is a day, it is nothing of the Week:] But I suppose that the reason of his loathing of it, was, for that God hath put sanctity and holiness upon it; also because it is the day above all the days of the week that ought to be spent in holy Devotion, in remembrance of our Lords Resurrection from the dead.

I can see how easy it is to jump a line; I've done the same thing.

I know you're not able to record right now, Mr. Attentive, but when able, just upload the missing sentence as a separate file and I'll insert it.

I'll go ahead with the other Sections, and then make sure pattymarie is still willing to PL the assembled sections.

Stay well and be blessed!
Thank you for the work you're doing on this project, Larry! I know it's a significant undertaking. The Mr. Attentive lines are shorter on average than the Mr. Wiseman ones, and yet it is taking me between one and two hours to complete my lines for each section. I appreciate your willingness to take on the heftier role.

I believe that the line you indicate in Section 2 is an error in the Project Gutenberg text. I noted the error in a post back in October that you can see on the top of Page 3 of this thread. The sentence in question struck me as nonsensical, so I checked a copy of the text on the Internet Archive and found that it does not include this line. I believe it was a mistake made by the transcriber, so I omitted it from my recording. Please let me know if you have remaining concerns about this section.

I am looking forward to returning to this project. I am hopeful that I will be able to get back to my recording space as early as next week.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ah, now that you mention it . . . . my mental retention isn't what it should be, I guess. I've lost the flow here. Anyway, I think we're good to go, so I'll post this and see if our DPL is still on board. It will be worth it when it is all put together and finished. Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow. :)

ETA: Thank you gentlemen! We have our first section up and ready for PL. I didn't go as good a job on volume matching, but I think it is passable.
~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Part 2 is PL OK. :) It took me a little puzzling to figure out what's going on here, but I think I see the organization now :roll: .
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Attentive parts three through eight are pl ok.
Pattymarie
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

pattymarie wrote: February 16th, 2021, 10:52 am Attentive parts three through eight are pl ok.
Thank you for prooflistening so many of my recordings at once, pattymarie! I have uploaded my role for Part 9. I made two corrections to the text in this part, which I confirmed using the Internet Archive text: switching "made him a hung down his ears" to "made him hang down his ears", and switching "that be sinned" to "that he sinned".
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms