COMPLETE The Life and Death of Mr. Badman by John Bunyan edited by John Brown - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Mr. Attentive Part 10 is now up as well. I made two changes to the text in this section, again in keeping with the Internet Archive text: "Oh! Sirs!" to "Oh! Sir!" and "pay him what be owes him" to "pay him what he owes him".
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Salvationist wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 4:01 pm
pattymarie wrote: February 16th, 2021, 10:52 am Attentive parts three through eight are pl ok.
Thank you for prooflistening so many of my recordings at once, pattymarie! I have uploaded my role for Part 9. I made two corrections to the text in this part, which I confirmed using the Internet Archive text: switching "made him a hung down his ears" to "made him hang down his ears", and switching "that be sinned" to "that he sinned".
David,
I've learned I'm supposed to wait until the other parts are up, so I'll proof these when the other parts are in. :)
Pattymarie
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

pattymarie wrote: February 24th, 2021, 10:47 am David,
I've learned I'm supposed to wait until the other parts are up, so I'll proof these when the other parts are in. :)
Understood. Thanks for letting me know!
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Mr. Attentive Part 11 is up. I again made a change to the Project Gutenberg text based on the Internet Archive text:

"Then it seem he kept good Weights..." ---> "Then it seems he kept good Weights..."
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I just discovered another error in the Project Gutenberg text: one line should be assigned to Mr. Attentive that in the Project Gutenberg text is part of one of Mr. Wiseman's speeches. The line is in Part 12: "God knows, there is abundance of deceit in the world!" It is important that Mr. Attentive speaks this line, or else Mr. Wiseman is responding to himself.
Salvationist

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Would you be interested in collecting these errors to eventually send them to Gutenberg Errata to be fixed?
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Yes, I would be glad to do so. I hadn't realized that Project Gutenberg accepted critiques of their texts. Thank you for letting me know. In that case, I would be grateful if anyone involved in this project would post in this thread if you encounter errors in the Project Gutenberg text. I'll plan on submitting them all together once our project here on LibriVox is complete.
Salvationist

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Here's the information on how to report errors in a way that would make it easier for the gutenberg team to fix them http://www.gutenberg.org/help/errata.html
:D
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Thanks for providing the link, Rapunzelina! I have now uploaded Mr. Attentive Part 12.
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Mr. Attentive Part 13 is up! No alterations this time.
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Mr. Attentive Part 14 is up! No alterations this time either.
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Mr. Attentive Parts 15 and 16 are up! Again, no alterations and no new narrator bits identified.
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Mr. Attentive Part 17 is up! No text alterations needed, and no new narrator bits identified. The typographical errors seem concentrated in the middle of the text.
Salvationist

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Unfortunately, I have once again lost access to my recording space due to COVID-19 restrictions. I had hoped to record my last part for Mr. Attentive on Monday, but it is looking like I won't be able to record it for another month or more. I'm sad to have to take a break from recording Mr. Attentive when there is so little left to record, but this project will be my priority once I am able to record again.
Salvationist

pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Salvationist wrote: March 27th, 2021, 4:36 pm Unfortunately, I have once again lost access to my recording space due to COVID-19 restrictions. I had hoped to record my last part for Mr. Attentive on Monday, but it is looking like I won't be able to record it for another month or more. I'm sad to have to take a break from recording Mr. Attentive when there is so little left to record, but this project will be my priority once I am able to record again.
How sad, David. We'll await your return eagerly. Do you record at some kind of public facility? I record at home with an inexpensive hand held Sony recorder and transfer files from it onto my computer for editing and uploading to LV. Then, I'm fortunate to have a small room near in the middle of my basement apartment that is almost entirely insulated from outside noise--the worst is occasional thumping, playing of music or moving of furniture by the neighbors upstairs, but there's an hour or more of quiet often enough.
Pattymarie