COMPLETE The Life and Death of Mr. Badman by John Bunyan edited by John Brown - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinS wrote: October 13th, 2020, 9:26 pm I have run up to the errata now. I assume I will not read it as the corrections to the text will be made by the reader. We can do that much, can't we, without violating any rule?
Yeah, well don't read the errata or the books sold.
We can make our own errata and we don't sell books. :lol:

Just the author's note.
~ Larry
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I managed to add "The" in the title :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Also moved us to Readers Found! The thread's initial url still works, so if the prospective DPL has the original link, they can still find us :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Rapunzelina wrote: October 14th, 2020, 2:58 am Also moved us to Readers Found! The thread's initial url still works, so if the prospective DPL has the original link, they can still find us :D
Thanks so much!
And, the last task, I hope, before catalog time is to add pattymarie as our DPL.
This completes a wonderful TEAM!
~ Larry
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

:thumbs:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_01_narrator_bunyan_128kb.mp3 (26:27)

I have placed the 'snippet' needed from the narrator at the end of my recording.

If you'd like a closing to this part or, for that matter, openings and closings to all the parts, let me know. I'll be happy to oblige.
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Thank you for recording the introduction so quickly, Kevin! :clap: I have added it to the MW. I believe this is my first time ever adding a recording link to a MW, so if I didn't do it correctly, please let me know.

It is kind of you to offer to record the openings and closings to all the parts! I think it's a great idea; having the narrator read the openings and closings seems consistent with the other LibriVox audiobooks I have listened to. What do you think, Larry?

Thank you for accepting all four of my suggestions, Larry! I hope I am not being pushy by making one more suggestion: Might it be possible for the "Collaborative" tag in the catalogue to be replaced with "Dramatic"? I associate "Collaborative" with projects in which each chapter is read by a different reader. In this case, each character has a different reader, which is what I understand "Dramatic" to mean in the context of LibriVox projects. Please let me know if I've simply misunderstood the terminology.

I'm very glad to see so much interest in and excitement about this project already! I'm pleased to be working with such an encouraging and talented group of people. Mondays and Fridays are normally my recording days, so I anticipate starting recording Mr. Attentive this Friday. :D
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

That all looks fine, David. Only thing missing is the file length which we usually put in the notes field. Give it a try. This is just to give us all another check of what the files are. I think pattymarie will PL that for us. If not, I will take care of it.

Well, I'm not sure where you see the "Collaborative" tag. I'm not sure it makes a whole lot of difference, but it is probably something our MC has to change, and I'm certainly fine with that.

As far as the intros to each part -- I've done it several ways, and I don't have a great preference. But, since Kevin has offered his services, we can certainly take advantage of his talents. He has done this on other projects. I'll confirm this with him.

I usually can record only late at night now that the kids are home during the day. It is the only quiet time, and my shift ends at 11:00. Mornings I do DPL and editing, and management. Friday is one of my days off, but we are having a short couple's getaway this weekend. So there might be some delay.

I'm so glad this project has come together so nicely!
We do have a good team, for sure. But, then LibriVox is just full of good people. :D

Blessings to all,
~ Larry
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I originally set it up as collaborative because I thought then that you'd be reading whole sections interchangeably, but yes dramatic makes more sense :D I'll switch it!

Edit: Done!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Couple's get away. In Wisconsin we call that deer season. Usually it's the man who goes away and the wife has peace and quiet for once.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

As I already recorded the editor's Note, I decided to provide this possibility to you. It combines the redacted editor's note and the author's introduction to the work.

Regardless of which you decide to use, I am a bit confused about my intro and outro. I think I will need to record these still.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/badman_possibility_128kb.mp3 (30:41)
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Thanks for providing us with both files, Kevin! Am I right in saying that we should add rows to the MW for you for each part so you can record the intros and outros? I just tried adding such a row for you, but your username didn't take, and now I can't seem to add it.

I recorded the Mr. Attentive lines for Part 1 today. The recording is now in the MW. While recording my lines, I noticed that there are three lines that would be best read by a narrator. I don't know if I will encounter more as I go through the rest of the parts. When you record the intro and outro for Part 1, would you mind recording those three lines as well, Kevin? Here are the ones I mean:

"Now as Mr. Wiseman said this, he gave a great sigh."

"And as he spake this, the water stood in his eyes."

"So they agreed to sit down under a tree: Then Mr. Wiseman proceeded as followeth."
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Salvationist wrote: October 16th, 2020, 7:32 pm Thanks for providing us with both files, Kevin! Am I right in saying that we should add rows to the MW for you for each part so you can record the intros and outros? I just tried adding such a row for you, but your username didn't take, and now I can't seem to add it.

I recorded the Mr. Attentive lines for Part 1 today. The recording is now in the MW. While recording my lines, I noticed that there are three lines that would be best read by a narrator. I don't know if I will encounter more as I go through the rest of the parts. When you record the intro and outro for Part 1, would you mind recording those three lines as well, Kevin? Here are the ones I mean:

"Now as Mr. Wiseman said this, he gave a great sigh."

"And as he spake this, the water stood in his eyes."

"So they agreed to sit down under a tree: Then Mr. Wiseman proceeded as followeth."
Quite happy to do so.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

KevinS wrote: October 16th, 2020, 7:46 pm
Salvationist wrote: October 16th, 2020, 7:32 pm Thanks for providing us with both files, Kevin! Am I right in saying that we should add rows to the MW for you for each part so you can record the intros and outros? I just tried adding such a row for you, but your username didn't take, and now I can't seem to add it.
Quite happy to do so.
Oh, and as for rows in the MW, let's consult with Larry. I'm not sure how all is to be done, but I am quite flexible.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hi, guys!

Just popping in for a minute.
I thought it might be easier for you, Kevin, to do all of the intros and outros in one file, so I've added a section for that.
I haven't gone through the manuscript in detail enough to know how many "narrator" lines there are, but we can do so, and see if we need separate sections, or if those also might be more easily put into one file. These are just holding files for the parts that will be edited together, so we can do whatever works best for us.

Still got a big event tonight . . .
~ Larry