[COMPLETE] Triumphant Democracy by Andrew Carnegie - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AnnNika

Post by AnnNika »

Section 9 Chapter 7 Religion is corrected and uploaded, new time 20:02min. Thanks for prooflistening.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_09_carnegie_128kb.mp3
Last edited by AnnNika on January 18th, 2021, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 9 is PL OK. Thank you.

Section 8, Education, has just opened again. Would you care to read it?
AnnNika

Post by AnnNika »

Kalamareader wrote: January 12th, 2021, 2:49 pm
msfry wrote: November 18th, 2020, 12:07 pm Wayne, I am marking Section 2 PLOK. :thumbs:
May I entice you to take on another section?
Michele,

Even though it has been almost two months, I would be interested in again assisting with this project. I noted that "Religion" may be free in a few days, and if it is, I would like to claim it. Just let me know, and I will get on it.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi Michele, hello Wayne,
you said Section 8, Education, is open again. I hope I don't make this too complicated ... I'd enjoy reading that chapter, but I think Wayne should read it, if he wants to, since he already offered to jump in for Section 9.
Ann-Nika
msfry

Post by msfry »

AnnNika wrote: January 18th, 2021, 2:09 pm
Hi Michele, hello Wayne,
you said Section 8, Education, is open again. I hope I don't make this too complicated ... I'd enjoy reading that chapter, but I think Wayne should read it, if he wants to, since he already offered to jump in for Section 9.
Ann-Nika
Hmmm. I'd be thrilled with either of you. Shall we have a race? One-two-three-GO! Whoever gets here first, is IT. The loser should have to pick another one. :D
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Sure, Michele, why not.

I'll give Education a go. It has been along time since I was in school, not quite as long ago as this Chapter describes, but it will be a trip back in to my past. :mrgreen:

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Wayne wins Section 8, Education. Can't wait to hear what Andy has to say on the subject!
AnnNika

Post by AnnNika »

A race! What a great idea. Ok this makes me quite happy, even though I lost.
msfry

Post by msfry »

AnnNika wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:14 am A race! What a great idea. Ok this makes me quite happy, even though I lost.
Tomorrow Section 7, Occupations, will most likely open up. If so may I assign that one to you?
AnnNika

Post by AnnNika »

If so, you may assign that one to me. Is there a specific way of reading tables (p. 86) or can I just figure out my own way?
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: January 19th, 2021, 9:05 pm Wayne wins Section 8, Education. Can't wait to hear what Andy has to say on the subject!
Well, he really gives the Triumphant Democracy a lot of credit and really hammers the British system. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_08_carnegie_128kb.mp3

Time: 37:28

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

AnnNika wrote: January 20th, 2021, 3:14 pm If so, you may assign that one to me. Is there a specific way of reading tables (p. 86) or can I just figure out my own way?
Okay, Anne, you have been assigned Section 7, Occupations.

As to reading tables, I would say as few words as possible to get the point across. For example, on the RELATIVE EXPENDITURE OF AN AMERICAN AND ENGLISH WORKMAN, I'd include % and say "Subsistence, American 64%, English 80%; Clothing, American 7% English 7% and so forth (1st heading, then 2nd heading). Reading Andy's tables well is a bit of an art form! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 8, Education, is PL OK

That was a quick turnaround, Mr. Wayne, and nicely delivered. Thank you. That Armaments vs. Education table on Page 96 was amazing. I felt so proud of America's education budget being so much higher, and attribute most of it to our continent being united as one country, rather than Europe with its many warring nations side by side. Let's hope we're not headed there again.
Marya999

Post by Marya999 »

The national debt used to be $3.49 per American "and rapidly being paid off"...hmm...wish they'd followed through with that...and just wait til #27 when he tells us what he really thinks of crowned heads...

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_26_carnegie_128kb.mp3
25:36

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/triumphantdemocracy_27_carnegie_128kb.mp3
20:56
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you Mary. I look forward to listening.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I've just opened up 4 sections on this project. If you want to participate in LV's March clean up project, here's a good place to help out.