(COMPLETE) A Christmas Hamper: Stories and Tales for Little Folks - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SoundsLikeJack

Post by SoundsLikeJack »

Link to upload for section 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christmashamper_08_various_128kb.mp3

Run time is 00:01:00:083

Many thanks!
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.
linny

Post by linny »

Section 2
1:23 - editing error / word cut off. “His ship was lost, and everybody was drowned, ’cept two or three that got in the boat, and Uncle Tom wasn’t among them. Father waited and waited, but it wasn’t any good.
linny

Post by linny »

SoundsLikeJack wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 4:34 pm Link to upload for section 8:

Many thanks!
Please trim opening silence to less than 1 second.

0.18 missing part of the intro - • If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
• Say:
"A Christmas Hamper: Full of Pictures and Tales, by Various. A Lesson in Manners"

In the future please don't 'generate' silence. It's 'dead' silence and hard on the ears. We much prefer ambient silence.
sydneymariie

Post by sydneymariie »

I can listen to all the ones that need listening.
sydneymariie

Post by sydneymariie »

Here were my thoughts on the last chapters that needed listening.
A Christmas Hamper:Stories and Tales for Little Folks
Preface (0:41): I thought it was great, I heard no mistakes.
A Very Naughty Little Person: The time wasn’t on the magic board Im not sure if that matters but the recording was 1:18. No problems in the recording it was good.
A Snow Man (1:06): Sounds perfect.
On the Sands (0:47): Also sounds perfect.
Old Clothes (4:31): Sounds great, no issues.
The Little Tiny Thing (1:46): Still the same as last time, the magic board says it is The Little Tiny Thing but the recording is of Questions. No problems with the recording itself.
The Little Thief in the Pantry (4:12): Sounds perfect.
Great Grandmother’s Wish (2:48): No problems in the recording.
Overall I heard no problems in the recordings. The only problems I had found were in the magic board and the recordings themselves. You guys did a great job with the story!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi sydneymariie, I tried to put you inh as DPL but you are not listed in our database. I will add you. Thank you again. :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Tildas attract me, so I've been checking out this thread... :)
The Little Tiny Thing (1:46): Still the same as last time, the magic board says it is The Little Tiny Thing but the recording is of Questions. No problems with the recording itself.
This is, by the way, an outstanding issue to be resolved. "Questions" is missing from the MW, and should be section 8, directly after "The Little Tiny Thing". But with sections after that already submitted, it'll take a little more than simply adding a section... Probably the easiest way would be to combine the 2 poems into one section, and having Paul add to what he already recorded? :hmm:

I don't wish to interfere, just thought I'd give a heads up that it really does need attention.
~Rosebud
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

RSlabaugh wrote: January 6th, 2021, 9:25 pm Tildas attract me, so I've been checking out this thread... :)
This is, by the way, an outstanding issue to be resolved. "Questions" is missing from the MW, and should be section 8, directly after "The Little Tiny Thing". But with sections after that already submitted, it'll take a little more than simply adding a section... Probably the easiest way would be to combine the 2 poems into one section, and having Paul add to what he already recorded? :hmm:

I don't wish to interfere, just thought I'd give a heads up that it really does need attention.
Hi Rose. You are not interfering, it did indeed need to be brought to our attention. I have changed the title of 7 to Questions and will ask the BC what they wish to do about the missing chapter. Thanks!
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

Hi! I just read the post ahead, how could I have forgotten that one chapter! I do remember saying to read Questions/Answers in the same file as The Little Tiny Thing, which seems to be what happened, so maybe we could keep it like that? If it wasn't read in the same file, could we make it a new section? I'm still new to this so I don't really know. Sorry about that!
~ Shriya
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

spatel2 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:16 am Hi! I just read the post ahead, how could I have forgotten that one chapter! I do remember saying to read Questions/Answers in the same file as The Little Tiny Thing, which seems to be what happened, so maybe we could keep it like that? If it wasn't read in the same file, could we make it a new section? I'm still new to this so I don't really know. Sorry about that!
Oh, please don't be upset, we can fix this without too much trouble. First of all, please listen to section 7 yourself and be sure about what was recorded. Then, if the Tiny Thing was indeed left out, we can add another section at the end and include it. Of course it will be out of order but I don't think the listeners will be upset about that. Please let me know if it is indeed missing.
SoundsLikeJack

Post by SoundsLikeJack »

New recording actioning your notes

Length of recording 01:11

Let me know if more work is needed!
linny wrote: December 25th, 2020, 5:04 am
SoundsLikeJack wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 4:34 pm Link to upload for section 8:

Many thanks!
Please trim opening silence to less than 1 second.

0.18 missing part of the intro - • If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
• Say:
"A Christmas Hamper: Full of Pictures and Tales, by Various. A Lesson in Manners"

In the future please don't 'generate' silence. It's 'dead' silence and hard on the ears. We much prefer ambient silence.
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi everybody. It is time to work on this project a bit more. Is the BC still with us? :D
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

philchenevert wrote: January 28th, 2021, 9:41 pm Hi everybody. It is time to work on this project a bit more. Is the BC still with us? :D
I'm here! I've been busy, but I'll try and find time today to edit my chapters.
~ Shriya
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

For the other sections in the MW, if Sydney isn't available, I can PL them. For Section 9, since the reader hasn't been active since December 17th, do we give the section to someone else, or keep it there and wait for the reader to be active?
~ Shriya
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

spatel2 wrote: January 29th, 2021, 10:25 am For the other sections in the MW, if Sydney isn't available, I can PL them. For Section 9, since the reader hasn't been active since December 17th, do we give the section to someone else, or keep it there and wait for the reader to be active?
Only one section needs spot a spot PL so if you could do that it would be good. For section 9, if it is OK with you, she is truly gone so I will remove her claim and record it myself. After that we will deal with the two than have PL notes. :D