~ (GRP) A Christmas Hamper: Stories and Tales for Little Folks - philc

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
SoundsLikeJack

Post by SoundsLikeJack » December 23rd, 2020, 4:34 pm

Link to upload for section 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christmashamper_08_various_128kb.mp3

Run time is 00:01:00:083

Many thanks!
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 25th, 2020, 4:59 am

Section 2
1:23 - editing error / word cut off. “His ship was lost, and everybody was drowned, ’cept two or three that got in the boat, and Uncle Tom wasn’t among them. Father waited and waited, but it wasn’t any good.
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » December 25th, 2020, 5:04 am

SoundsLikeJack wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 4:34 pm

Many thanks!
Please trim opening silence to less than 1 second.

0.18 missing part of the intro - • If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
• Say:
"A Christmas Hamper: Full of Pictures and Tales, by Various. A Lesson in Manners"

In the future please don't 'generate' silence. It's 'dead' silence and hard on the ears. We much prefer ambient silence.
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

sydneymariie

Post by sydneymariie » December 29th, 2020, 12:50 pm

I can listen to all the ones that need listening.

sydneymariie

Post by sydneymariie » December 29th, 2020, 1:40 pm

Here were my thoughts on the last chapters that needed listening.
A Christmas Hamper:Stories and Tales for Little Folks
Preface (0:41): I thought it was great, I heard no mistakes.
A Very Naughty Little Person: The time wasn’t on the magic board Im not sure if that matters but the recording was 1:18. No problems in the recording it was good.
A Snow Man (1:06): Sounds perfect.
On the Sands (0:47): Also sounds perfect.
Old Clothes (4:31): Sounds great, no issues.
The Little Tiny Thing (1:46): Still the same as last time, the magic board says it is The Little Tiny Thing but the recording is of Questions. No problems with the recording itself.
The Little Thief in the Pantry (4:12): Sounds perfect.
Great Grandmother’s Wish (2:48): No problems in the recording.
Overall I heard no problems in the recordings. The only problems I had found were in the magic board and the recordings themselves. You guys did a great job with the story!

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » January 6th, 2021, 7:37 am

Hi sydneymariie, I tried to put you inh as DPL but you are not listed in our database. I will add you. Thank you again. :thumbs:
Before it was carved, Mount Rushmore was unprecedented.

Zoom Meeting for LVers. Sunday Jan 24, 2 pm central
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632

RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh » January 6th, 2021, 9:25 pm

Tildas attract me, so I've been checking out this thread... :)
The Little Tiny Thing (1:46): Still the same as last time, the magic board says it is The Little Tiny Thing but the recording is of Questions. No problems with the recording itself.
This is, by the way, an outstanding issue to be resolved. "Questions" is missing from the MW, and should be section 8, directly after "The Little Tiny Thing". But with sections after that already submitted, it'll take a little more than simply adding a section... Probably the easiest way would be to combine the 2 poems into one section, and having Paul add to what he already recorded? :hmm:

I don't wish to interfere, just thought I'd give a heads up that it really does need attention.
~Rosebud

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » January 6th, 2021, 9:48 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 9:25 pm
Tildas attract me, so I've been checking out this thread... :)
This is, by the way, an outstanding issue to be resolved. "Questions" is missing from the MW, and should be section 8, directly after "The Little Tiny Thing". But with sections after that already submitted, it'll take a little more than simply adding a section... Probably the easiest way would be to combine the 2 poems into one section, and having Paul add to what he already recorded? :hmm:

I don't wish to interfere, just thought I'd give a heads up that it really does need attention.
Hi Rose. You are not interfering, it did indeed need to be brought to our attention. I have changed the title of 7 to Questions and will ask the BC what they wish to do about the missing chapter. Thanks!

spatel2

Post by spatel2 » January 7th, 2021, 9:16 am

Hi! I just read the post ahead, how could I have forgotten that one chapter! I do remember saying to read Questions/Answers in the same file as The Little Tiny Thing, which seems to be what happened, so maybe we could keep it like that? If it wasn't read in the same file, could we make it a new section? I'm still new to this so I don't really know. Sorry about that!
~ Shriya

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » January 7th, 2021, 9:26 am

spatel2 wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 9:16 am
Hi! I just read the post ahead, how could I have forgotten that one chapter! I do remember saying to read Questions/Answers in the same file as The Little Tiny Thing, which seems to be what happened, so maybe we could keep it like that? If it wasn't read in the same file, could we make it a new section? I'm still new to this so I don't really know. Sorry about that!
Oh, please don't be upset, we can fix this without too much trouble. First of all, please listen to section 7 yourself and be sure about what was recorded. Then, if the Tiny Thing was indeed left out, we can add another section at the end and include it. Of course it will be out of order but I don't think the listeners will be upset about that. Please let me know if it is indeed missing.

SoundsLikeJack

Post by SoundsLikeJack » January 10th, 2021, 12:35 pm

New recording actioning your notes

Length of recording 01:11

Let me know if more work is needed!
linny wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 5:04 am
SoundsLikeJack wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 4:34 pm

Many thanks!
Please trim opening silence to less than 1 second.

0.18 missing part of the intro - • If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
• Say:
"A Christmas Hamper: Full of Pictures and Tales, by Various. A Lesson in Manners"

In the future please don't 'generate' silence. It's 'dead' silence and hard on the ears. We much prefer ambient silence.
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.