[COMPLETE] The Elect Lady by George MacDonald - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

HannahMary wrote: June 1st, 2021, 8:28 pm

Okay, I dug into a scanned copy of an 1888 edition on archive.org and found the answer. Yes, it is supposed to read, "This kind goeth not out but by prayer."!! See page here: https://archive.org/details/electlady00macduoft/page/221/mode/1up

So glad you caught this, Joanna!
Thank you! I should have checked archive.org That's good to know.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Here, belatedly, is Chapter 22, duration 14:06. Thank you again for looking up the correct text for me, Hannah Mary, and thanks for being willing to PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_22_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

And here is chapter 36, duration 5:51. I had forgotten that this chapter had a bit of Scots Doric--I remembered Devorah's reading as best I could while faking that but am glad to re-record botches. I've put this chapter and 22 straight into the Magic Window--I hope that's OK.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_36_macdonald_128kb.mp3
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

JoannaHoyt wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:55 am Here, belatedly, is Chapter 22, duration 14:06. Thank you again for looking up the correct text for me, Hannah Mary, and thanks for being willing to PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_22_macdonald_128kb.mp3
22 is PL OK!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

JoannaHoyt wrote: June 4th, 2021, 5:58 pm And here is chapter 36, duration 5:51. I had forgotten that this chapter had a bit of Scots Doric--I remembered Devorah's reading as best I could while faking that but am glad to re-record botches. I've put this chapter and 22 straight into the Magic Window--I hope that's OK.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_36_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Good work on the Scots! Sorry I must have missed marking this one. PL OK, and thanks again for picking up these chapters.
That's fine about the MW - thanks!

Even though the reader of the final chapters does not seem to be active on LV anymore, I still have to wait for the 2 month expiration before opening them up to finish the book.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Hello I just wanted to apologize for not getting to the second chapter I claimed. I am going to jump in on Paul Faber, but thanks to whoever took up my slack, I am looking forward to listening through when this is published!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

SarahW wrote: June 6th, 2021, 1:10 pm Hello I just wanted to apologize for not getting to the second chapter I claimed. I am going to jump in on Paul Faber, but thanks to whoever took up my slack, I am looking forward to listening through when this is published!
Good to have you back, Sarah! I'll see you over at Paul Faber...
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

HannahMary wrote: June 5th, 2021, 9:55 am

Even though the reader of the final chapters does not seem to be active on LV anymore, I still have to wait for the 2 month expiration before opening them up to finish the book.
If chapters 27-29 are orphaned now, I would be glad to read them if you're willing to PL them. I could have them done within a week.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

JoannaHoyt wrote: June 19th, 2021, 6:13 am
HannahMary wrote: June 5th, 2021, 9:55 am

If chapters 27-29 are orphaned now, I would be glad to read them if you're willing to PL them. I could have them done within a week.
Thanks for checking, Joanna. I see that the reader has not even logged on for 2 months, so they are yours! I will PL.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

HannahMary wrote: June 19th, 2021, 6:05 pm
Thanks for checking, Joanna. I see that the reader has not even logged on for 2 months, so they are yours! I will PL.
Thank you, Hannah! Here's chapter 27, duration 4:19.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_27_macdonald_128kb.mp3
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 27 is PL OK. Thanks!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

And, finally, here's Chapter 29, duration 10:42.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_29_macdonald_128kb.mp3
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 28 is PL OK, and I'll get to the final one as soon as possible!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 29 is PL OK, and the recording is complete!! Thank you, Joanna, for finishing that up for us, as well as all your PL work. And thanks to each reader who took part in bringing another George MacDonald to audiobook readers.

Now I'll pass this project off to you, Ann! I'll go with the book summary as is. Let me know if you need anything else from me.
Last edited by HannahMary on June 21st, 2021, 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for: