[COMPLETE] The Elect Lady by George MacDonald - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
abbyemmons

Post by abbyemmons »

HannahMary wrote: March 18th, 2021, 8:03 am
abbyemmons wrote: March 17th, 2021, 9:20 pm Hey! I would love to claim 23 and 24, I have read a lot from George Macdonald, but I haven't read this one yet! Thanks for working on it!
Also this is my first recording, I have a 1-minute test in the listeners wanted, let me know if you need anything specific to a first-timer! My name Abby Emmons is good.
Welcome to LibriVox, Abby! Thanks for getting started with the 1-minute test. When you are okayed over there, your chapters will be waiting here!

If you have a website you would like linked to your reader page in the catalog, our MC can add that for you. Just ask if you have any questions.
Hello Hannah,
Um, I have made a discovery that I am apparently very bad at reading outloud in an understandable clear way. It's like bad acting :lol: Is it too late to surrender my parts to another? I'm so sorry to do it, but I am butchering it terribly.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

abbyemmons wrote: April 6th, 2021, 6:59 pm
HannahMary wrote: March 18th, 2021, 8:03 am
abbyemmons wrote: March 17th, 2021, 9:20 pm Hey! I would love to claim 23 and 24, I have read a lot from George Macdonald, but I haven't read this one yet! Thanks for working on it!
Also this is my first recording, I have a 1-minute test in the listeners wanted, let me know if you need anything specific to a first-timer! My name Abby Emmons is good.
Welcome to LibriVox, Abby! Thanks for getting started with the 1-minute test. When you are okayed over there, your chapters will be waiting here!

If you have a website you would like linked to your reader page in the catalog, our MC can add that for you. Just ask if you have any questions.
Hello Hannah,
Um, I have made a discovery that I am apparently very bad at reading outloud in an understandable clear way. It's like bad acting :lol: Is it too late to surrender my parts to another? I'm so sorry to do it, but I am butchering it terribly.
No problem at all. Sorry it didn't work out as you'd hoped, but thanks for giving it a try!

Did you know there are non-reading jobs available on LibriVox if you are still interested in helping produce free audiobooks? Proof-listening, editing, designing CD covers...
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hannah, do you want to move back to Readers Wanted, or to advertise in the Orphans thread?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

icequeen wrote: April 6th, 2021, 7:46 pm Hannah, do you want to move back to Readers Wanted, or to advertise in the Orphans thread?
I've been wondering about that. Let's go with Readers Wanted this time since 27-29 were orphaned today as well.
Thanks Ann!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, perfect! Back to Readers Wanted we go!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
benjaminpwhite

Post by benjaminpwhite »

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

benjaminpwhite wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:01 am Chapter 9 is ready for checking https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_09_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Thank you! And do you have a duration for this file?
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hannah, was 15 orphaned? I'll take that one too, if you like. I'm sitting down today to record a few of these. Finally! :D
benjaminpwhite

Post by benjaminpwhite »

HannahMary wrote: April 10th, 2021, 12:14 pm
benjaminpwhite wrote: April 10th, 2021, 11:01 am Chapter 9 is ready for checking https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_09_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Thank you! And do you have a duration for this file?
Oops, duration for chapter 9 is 6:57
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: April 10th, 2021, 1:57 pm Hannah, was 15 orphaned? I'll take that one too, if you like. I'm sitting down today to record a few of these. Finally! :D
Yes, thank you, Devorah! I see I lost the word count for section 15 in the shuffle. Do you want me to find that for you?

And thanks for all the recordings today too!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

benjaminpwhite wrote: April 10th, 2021, 3:42 pm Oops, duration for chapter 9 is 6:57
Thank you!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Thank you! Chapter 9 is PL OK, and clear and expressive too. :thumbs:
Last edited by JoannaHoyt on April 10th, 2021, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Hurrah! Looking forward to listening to these tomorrow.
A PL question I should have thought to ask before: I don't know how Scots Doric should sound. I'm thinking I should read along for those parts, and mark them PL OK if there are no skips/repeats/obliterating noises (which I don't expect there will be)?
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

JoannaHoyt wrote: April 10th, 2021, 6:55 pm
Hurrah! Looking forward to listening to these tomorrow.
A PL question I should have thought to ask before: I don't know how Scots Doric should sound. I'm thinking I should read along for those parts, and mark them PL OK if there are no skips/repeats/obliterating noises (which I don't expect there will be)?
As DPL for a George MacDonald solo which mightyfelix is recording with lots of Scots Doric, I don't bother to compare to the text. Once you've heard a bit, you'll get to understanding most of the words as Devorah is so clear and consistent. All you should need to listen for is repeats, gaps, or distractions in audio quality. Thanks, Joanna!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for: