[COMPLETE] The Elect Lady by George MacDonald - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
abbyemmons

Post by abbyemmons »

Hey! I would love to claim 23 and 24, I have read a lot from George Macdonald, but I haven't read this one yet! Thanks for working on it!
Also this is my first recording, I have a 1-minute test in the listeners wanted, let me know if you need anything specific to a first-timer! My name Abby Emmons is good.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

abbyemmons wrote: March 17th, 2021, 9:20 pm Hey! I would love to claim 23 and 24, I have read a lot from George Macdonald, but I haven't read this one yet! Thanks for working on it!
Also this is my first recording, I have a 1-minute test in the listeners wanted, let me know if you need anything specific to a first-timer! My name Abby Emmons is good.
Welcome to LibriVox, Abby! Thanks for getting started with the 1-minute test. When you are okayed over there, your chapters will be waiting here!

If you have a website you would like linked to your reader page in the catalog, our MC can add that for you. Just ask if you have any questions.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Please may I read sections 25 and 32 thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
AbbyRose

Post by AbbyRose »

Hi!
My chapter is complete. I had a lot of fun reading it. Please let me know if I need to change anything- thank you so much! :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/electlady_17_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Duration: 15 min 33 sec
-Abby
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
-Jane Austen
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

wib66 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 5:24 pm Please may I read sections 25 and 32 thanks
Yes, thank you!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

AbbyRose wrote: March 20th, 2021, 5:31 pm Hi!
My chapter is complete. I had a lot of fun reading it. Please let me know if I need to change anything- thank you so much! :)
-Abby
Thank you Abby!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Off we go to Readers Found!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

AbbyRose wrote: March 20th, 2021, 5:31 pm Hi!
-Abby
Hi Abby,

Thank you for your reading! This is beautifully, vividly, and expressively read,and I enjoy your voices. :thumbs: There are just a few small edits needed.

The recording needs to be made a bit louder. The Librivox standard is 87-91 decibels, ideal 89, and this comes in at 82.9db, which means it may be quiet enough so people have trouble hearing it. You can see your volume on the Checker program, https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker And Audacity's "Amplify" feature, under the Effects menu, allows you to raise the volume of whatever portion you select (in this case, the whole file).

Please shorten the opening silence to 0.5-1 second.

There are two small spots where I found the text confusing. Please re-record these snippets in a new file and paste them into your existing file.

At 9:17, for "whose possession of it was..." I heard "whose possession, if it was..."

At 10:02, for "she knew better, however, than to require magnificence" I heard "she knew better, however, the require magnificence"

Please make these edits and then re-upload the file with the same name and post here to let me know that the revised file is ready for spot proof-listening.

Thank you again!
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
AbbyRose

Post by AbbyRose »

Hello! Thank you for the feedback!
It should be all fixed and ready for PL-ing. Here's the link...

Thank you so much!
-Abby
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
-Jane Austen
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

AbbyRose wrote: March 21st, 2021, 11:35 am Hello! Thank you for the feedback!
It should be all fixed and ready for PL-ing. Here's the link...

Thank you so much!
-Abby
Thank you for the prompt fixes--sorry for the slow response. Chapter 17 is PL OK. :clap: :clap:

There's one more thing that is a purely subjective suggestion that you're free to take or leave. Now that the recording is louder and easier to hear (thank you for doing that!) the background noise is more noticeable. It's never enough to make your very clear reading hard to understand, so this is definitely PL OK. But if you wanted to reduce the background noise you could run Audacity's Noise Reduction feature.

Thank you again for your reading, and welcome to the Librivox readers' community! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
benjaminpwhite

Post by benjaminpwhite »

I will take section 9
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

benjaminpwhite wrote: March 31st, 2021, 3:37 am I will take section 9
Thank you! I wouldn't be surprised if more sections end up being orphaned as was this. So feel free to keep checking back for openings.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Thank you very much! Chapters 25 and 32 are PL OK.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 15 is up for grabs.

Happy Easter, friends! Jesus is risen!
~ Hannah
Readers needed for: