[COMPLETE] The Uttermost Star, Boreham, d. 1959-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
readmoore

Post by readmoore »

May I read #13, Pt 2 Ch 2: The Will-O'-The-Wisp, p. 134-143?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

readmoore wrote: September 29th, 2020, 5:10 pm May I read #13, Pt 2 Ch 2: The Will-O'-The-Wisp, p. 134-143?
Absolutely! Welcome to LibriVox! I will assign you this section, but before you work on it, I'd like you to complete a one-minute test. It's basically a sound and tech check to make sure that your files will be formatted correctly. :)

What name would you like to use in the catalogue? It could be the same as your forum name, or your real name, or whatever you like!
readmoore

Post by readmoore »

I forgot about that! I'll get to that tonight.
My real name - Ross Moore - would be fine to use.
Thank you!
srewis194

Post by srewis194 »

May I have section #5?

-Sawyer
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Got it, thanks so much!
breeeemo

Post by breeeemo »

Hello, I'd like to record these sections please:

Pt 2 Ch 5: The Village Green
Pt 2 Ch 6: The Sieve
Pt 3 Ch 1: Slip!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

breeeemo wrote: October 1st, 2020, 4:44 pm Hello, I'd like to record these sections please:

Pt 2 Ch 5: The Village Green
Pt 2 Ch 6: The Sieve
Pt 3 Ch 1: Slip!
Welcome to LibriVox! I see that this is your first post in the forum, so I will be the first to welcome you! :clap:

I also notice that it's been a little while since you first signed up for the forum, so you may have lost track of the Welcome email that was sent to you at that time. There is some very important information contained there. I've copied some of the most pertinent information for you below. Pay special attention to the 1-minute test. It's basically a sound and tech check to make sure that your recordings will be in the right format.
If you wish to try your hand at recording, the place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording, which tells you how to set up your computer to record.

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain
Good luck with your test, and please let me know once you've gotten the ok on it. I will save these sections for you!
readmoore

Post by readmoore »

mightyfelix wrote: September 29th, 2020, 7:50 pm
readmoore wrote: September 29th, 2020, 5:10 pm May I read #13, Pt 2 Ch 2: The Will-O'-The-Wisp, p. 134-143?
Absolutely! Welcome to LibriVox! I will assign you this section, but before you work on it, I'd like you to complete a one-minute test. It's basically a sound and tech check to make sure that your files will be formatted correctly. :)

What name would you like to use in the catalogue? It could be the same as your forum name, or your real name, or whatever you like!
mightyfelix,
Here's the link to my recording of the chapter:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/uttermoststar_13_boreham_128kb.mp3
Time: 14:53

I hope you saw my one-minute test. Adrian said I passed. If you didn't see it, I apologize - I'm trying to figure out what to notate where and to whom, and how to use the forums, so I've probably missed something. Just let me know what else you need (e.g., edits, rerecording) - happy to make things go correctly and to contribute per the rules. It's a learning curve for me, but this is fun! :)

All the best,
Ross
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Ross! No, I didn't see your test, but I am more than happy to take your word, and Adrian's, that everything is ok with it. I can confirm that this recording, too, passes the tech requirements, so you're all good there!

And don't worry; you're doing everything right so far! :D I've linked your section in the MW (magic window) and marked it Ready for PL. The nest step is that our DPL (dedicated proof listener), Larry (silverquill), will listen to it and make any notes of things he finds that need to be corrected, or if no corrections are needed, he will post here to tell you that!

While you are waiting on his feedback, you are welcome to choose something else to record, either in this project or a different one. Or you may prefer to wait for feedback first. Either way is totally fine, whatever you are comfortable with.

And lastly: Congratulations on being the first to record and submit a section to this project! :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

readmoore wrote: October 4th, 2020, 12:49 pm
Here's the link to my recording of the chapter:
Time: 14:53

All the best,
Ross
Thank you for your fine recording, Ross!
The scene between Jon Hus an the widow is so poignant.

Only one thing needs attention, which is the ending.

You have five seconds between the end and "End of recording" This gap is too long. The listener is jus left hanging.
Shorten this to about 1 - 1.5 seconds and cut out the phrase "End of recording," and you will be fine.

Upload the corrected file under the same name and post the link here again with the new file length, so we can check it.

I hope we will hear a lot more of your voice here on LibriVox :thumbs:
Feel free to take another section here, if you like. :wink:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
readmoore

Post by readmoore »

mightyfelix and silverquill,

Thanks for the encouragement and info!

Here's the edited version (reduced ending time and removal of "End of recording"):
Time: 14:47

As before, let me know what else I need to do to make sure it's correct.

I will definitely select another section soon!
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

May I claim Section 9, The Miser of Murdstone Crrek?

Thank y,

Owlivia/Deborah
🦉
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
readmoore

Post by readmoore »

May I take #14, Pt 2 Ch 3: The Doctor's Conversion, pgs. 144-155 ?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, everyone! MW updated.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

readmoore wrote: October 5th, 2020, 4:22 pm mightyfelix and silverquill,

Thanks for the encouragement and info!

Here's the edited version (reduced ending time and removal of "End of recording"):
Time: 14:47

As before, let me know what else I need to do to make sure it's correct.

I will definitely select another section soon!
Thanks for taking care of this.
Now PL OK :)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry