[COMPLETE] Exposition on the Psalms VOL 2 St Augustine-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Expositions on the Book of Psalms (Vol. 2 - Psalms 37-52) by Saint Augustine of Hippo (354 - 430).

These sermons on the Psalms of the Holy Prophet and King David are as poetic as the Psalms themselves. They are well-suited for inspirational and devotional listening. (The Reader)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/expositionsonboo25augu
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
      • Project Code: 1IKfr0Xx
      • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Saint Augustine of Hippo) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo
      • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
      • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 30
      • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
      • Original publication date (if known):
      • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
      ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Commentary

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "[Section title] of Expositions on the Book of Psalms, Volume 2. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Expositions on the Book of Psalms (Vol. 2), by Saint Augustine of Hippo. [Section title]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Section title]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Expositions on the Book of Psalms (Vol. 2 - Psalms 37-52), by Saint Augustine of Hippo. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      psalms2_##_augustine_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. psalms2_01_augustine_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by Monaxi on October 3rd, 2020, 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Peace be with you,
Sister
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

This is my first venture into BCing -- just so you know :)

Re the translator, the text says "Translated by members of the English Church." Does that need to be mentioned anywhere?

Also, MagdaleneMiller will DPL. Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I can set it up, back soon with the MW

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All done, you should both have access to the MW. The translators shouldn't need mentioning - it's a long time ago.
The only problem I can see that may arise is that people may get muddled up about the roman numerals - so Magdalene should probably check that there are not duplicates or holes.
Over to you - ask if you have any questions.

Anne
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Thank you, Anne! I'm looking forward to working with you. I don't see the MW. Setting that up is going to take me a few days, so I'm not in a rush for readers. Thanks again!

Peace be with you,
Sister
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

:oops: it's there now.

Anne
MagdaleneMiller

Post by MagdaleneMiller »

Looking forward to this one!
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
craigcox1

Post by craigcox1 »

I'd love to claim Psalm 38, Part 1 as a reader.

Thanks!
dronald

Post by dronald »

Monaxi wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 3:17 am Thank you, Anne! I'm looking forward to working with you. I don't see the MW. Setting that up is going to take me a few days, so I'm not in a rush for readers. Thanks again!
Hi Monaxi! I've very much enjoyed reading some of the Psalms with you thus far.

I would like to continue to contribute as we go forward on the next volumes. I'm newer at this so I wanted clarification on something.

For example, you have part 1 of Psalm 38 ending on page 77. Is this intentional or is it a result of you mentioning that you're still setting up the magic window. In our previous volume, some sections went over twenty pages but you've broken it off at nine in this example. I just want to make sure I'm clear on the set up before I start picking up Psalms. I'll likely choose entire Psalms rather than sections if this is how you're doing things.

Also, if I hypothetically took Psalm 39 (sections 11, 12 and 13) would I need to have three separate files uploaded? Thanks!
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello, dronald! I'm so glad you are interested in continuing with the Psalms. I'm also enjoying reading them very much.

Yes, this is set up differently from Vol 1. As both a LV reader and (pleasure) listener, I find the long sections tiring. And, from what I read in the forums and instructions for being a BC, others feel the same way. So, yes, the sections are shorter.

You would read according to the paragraph numbers (but no need to read the numbers themselves.) The page number tells you where to look for your first paragraph. Then, continue reading until you complete the last paragraph number.

And, yes, you would need to submit three files, with complete intro and ending, using the section titles, for your example of Psalm 39 . You'll notice that I signed up for entire psalms, but I'll record them in sections. I hope this works for you. I was amazed at your stamina tackling those long sections in Vol 1. God bless you!

Please feel free to ask any other questions. This is my first time as BC, so we'll be learning together.

Peace be with you,
Sister
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

craigcox1 wrote: September 27th, 2020, 7:33 am I'd love to claim Psalm 38, Part 1 as a reader.

Thanks!
Hello, and welcome to LibriVox! I see that you've done your 1-minute test. That being the case, I'm guessing you've read or listened to some of the other how-to information. I'll set you up in the Magic Window as claiming Section 08/Psalm 38/Part 1. As soon as you've received feedback for your 1-minute test, you're on your way.

Also, what name would you like to appear in the LibriVox Catalog?

Peace be with you,
Sister
craigcox1

Post by craigcox1 »

Perfect! Could I appear as Craig Cox on the catalogue? Thanks!
craigcox1

Post by craigcox1 »

Perfect! Could I appear as Craig Cox on the catalogue? Thanks!
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

craigcox1 wrote: September 27th, 2020, 1:24 pm Perfect! Could I appear as Craig Cox on the catalogue? Thanks!
Okay. I've put your claim in the MW. Please feel free to ask any questions. Also, my reply to dronald above may or may not be of help.

Peace be with you,
Sister
dronald

Post by dronald »

Monaxi wrote: September 27th, 2020, 12:04 pm Hello, dronald! I'm so glad you are interested in continuing with the Psalms. I'm also enjoying reading them very much.

Yes, this is set up differently from Vol 1. As both a LV reader and (pleasure) listener, I find the long sections tiring. And, from what I read in the forums and instructions for being a BC, others feel the same way. So, yes, the sections are shorter.

You would read according to the paragraph numbers (but no need to read the numbers themselves.) The page number tells you where to look for your first paragraph. Then, continue reading until you complete the last paragraph number.

And, yes, you would need to submit three files, with complete intro and ending, using the section titles, for your example of Psalm 39 . You'll notice that I signed up for entire psalms, but I'll record them in sections. I hope this works for you. I was amazed at your stamina tackling those long sections in Vol 1. God bless you!

Please feel free to ask any other questions. This is my first time as BC, so we'll be learning together.
Okay thanks. I can understand how multiple smaller goals can feel less daunting than one big objective.

I'll request psalm 40 then! Sections 14, 15, 16, 17.

I'm excited to work through this. What a blessing.