[ATHEISM] Flowers of Freethought (Second Series) by G.W. Foote - availle

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18744
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » September 19th, 2020, 2:29 am

Of course it's happy, just think of all the great people you'll meet there!

Or, to say it with Christopher Hitchens, when asked which he would prefer as after-death experience: Heaven for the view, Hell for the company. :mrgreen:

MW updated. And the preface is in too.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

TomHersant
Posts: 264
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 12:48 am
Location: Carlsbad, CA

Post by TomHersant » September 19th, 2020, 11:05 am

Greetings,
Herewith the argument that Jehova was carrying on his "ruling passion" in not-so-jolly Ol' London: 'https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought2_42_foote_128kb.mp3
It took Master Foote a mere 11mm06ss to make the bloody case!
Tommy
" Pah! An ounce of civet, good apothecary! The bishops smell to heaven." - George William Foote

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18744
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » September 19th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Thank you Tom! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 197
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » September 20th, 2020, 10:26 am

I declare pink as my new PL ok color for this series :9:
TomHersant wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 11:19 pm
Greetings,
Here is what may be a first for many of us Free Thinkers: Hell is Happy! Section 27 explains all in a mere 13mm06ss.
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought2_27_foote_128kb.mp3
Tommy
27 is PL ok, good job Tom!
Availle wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 2:29 am
Of course it's happy, just think of all the great people you'll meet there!

Or, to say it with Christopher Hitchens, when asked which he would prefer as after-death experience: Heaven for the view, Hell for the company. :mrgreen:

MW updated. And the preface is in too.
The preface sounds great, PL ok!
TomHersant wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 11:05 am
Greetings,
Herewith the argument that Jehova was carrying on his "ruling passion" in not-so-jolly Ol' London: 'https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought2_42_foote_128kb.mp3
It took Master Foote a mere 11mm06ss to make the bloody case!
Tommy
So is 42, PL ok!

Best,
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18744
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » September 20th, 2020, 3:55 pm

AnaNaumoska wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 10:26 am
I declare pink as my new PL ok color for this series
I like it! :thumbs:
Thanks Ana!

PS: You'll need to update the MW too :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

TomHersant
Posts: 264
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 12:48 am
Location: Carlsbad, CA

Post by TomHersant » September 20th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Greetings,
Here we have our author closing this collection with a cogent criticism of a critical work on the critics of Christianity: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought2_55_foote_128kb.mp3
Duration is 45mm39ss.
Tommy
" Pah! An ounce of civet, good apothecary! The bishops smell to heaven." - George William Foote

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18744
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » September 20th, 2020, 4:34 pm

Thank you! MW updated.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

lmcnatt
Posts: 17
Joined: September 1st, 2020, 1:13 pm

Post by lmcnatt » September 20th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Can I take section 11? Thanks!

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18744
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » September 20th, 2020, 8:18 pm

It's yours, thank you - have fun! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

shikamaru
Posts: 12
Joined: September 13th, 2020, 5:38 am
Location: Mumbai, India

Post by shikamaru » September 21st, 2020, 2:58 am

Hello Ava,

I would be happy to read Section 16- "Believe or Be Damned"

Thanks,
Nihal
-Nihal Anabel

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18744
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » September 21st, 2020, 4:20 am

Hi there and welcome to LV and to this project! :D

I see you have nailed your test on the first try, well done! :thumbs:
This means you're clear to go, so I have assigned section 16 to you. Everything you need to know is in the first post, ask if you're unsure.

You can pick a catalog name for all your work on here. If you say a name in your recordings, this is a good option so that your fans can find you, but anything goes, really.

Have fun on here!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

shikamaru
Posts: 12
Joined: September 13th, 2020, 5:38 am
Location: Mumbai, India

Post by shikamaru » September 21st, 2020, 6:58 am

Availle wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 4:20 am
Hi there and welcome to LV and to this project! :D

I see you have nailed your test on the first try, well done! :thumbs:
This means you're clear to go, so I have assigned section 16 to you. Everything you need to know is in the first post, ask if you're unsure.

You can pick a catalog name for all your work on here. If you say a name in your recordings, this is a good option so that your fans can find you, but anything goes, really.

Have fun on here!
Thanks for the warm welcome :)
I shall certainly keep you posted if I find myself stuck at any point. Meanwhile, let me dig a little deeper on catalog names and get started with recording.

Thanks for the support!
-Nihal Anabel

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18744
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » September 21st, 2020, 6:02 pm

Section 23 is up. He is quite scathing in this one... :shock:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 197
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » September 22nd, 2020, 7:12 am

TomHersant wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Greetings,
Here we have our author closing this collection with a cogent criticism of a critical work on the critics of Christianity: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought2_55_foote_128kb.mp3
Duration is 45mm39ss.
Tommy
PL ok!
Cheers!
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 197
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » September 22nd, 2020, 7:15 am

Availle wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 6:02 pm
Section 23 is up. He is quite scathing in this one... :shock:
Poor Mr. Blomfield.. :(

Only 1 PL note Ava, at 1:43, text goes "I notice" and I hear "knowlegde", other than that, sounds great!
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

Post Reply