[COMPLETE] Book of Thousand Nights & a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 12-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Trutter00 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 8:23 pm Here's a compressed version, hope it's not too much. I appreciate the feedback and the explanation. I'm happy to make any other needed tweaks.
It's in the right direction, but still not there - you're now 3.2dB too quiet rather than 3.8dB. That's also a stereo file and you should be using mono.

Use the figures I suggested above on a mono file - I've tried them (admittedly on Audacity rather than GarageBand) and they give a file of exactly the right level.
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Since it seems that Paul has been busy this weekend and unable to check this for you, I went ahead and checked it myself.

I can confirm that it is still too quiet, still in mono, and (less importantly, but still important) the file name has one or two errors.

In order to keep this project moving and allow you to move on to other things, I'm willing to fix these things and reupload it myself. I just need Paul to confirm that it was in fact PL ok other than these tech issues. It looks that way, but I want to be sure.

I wish I could give you some suggestions as to what is causing the trouble with this one file. I see that you have had some similar issues in other projects, although your one-minute test went off without a hitch. Have you changing anything in your recording setup since making that test? Either hardware or software, or maybe in your process? If so, it would be worthwhile to do a new test with your current setup. If not, all I can say is that you are not the first volunteer to have trouble with GarageBand not wanting to create files in the format we need. :? I wish I could be more helpful.
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

mightyfelix wrote: June 27th, 2021, 5:10 pm
Since it seems that Paul has been busy this weekend and unable to check this for you, I went ahead and checked it myself.

I can confirm that it is still too quiet, still in mono, and (less importantly, but still important) the file name has one or two errors.

In order to keep this project moving and allow you to move on to other things, I'm willing to fix these things and reupload it myself. I just need Paul to confirm that it was in fact PL ok other than these tech issues. It looks that way, but I want to be sure.

I wish I could give you some suggestions as to what is causing the trouble with this one file. I see that you have had some similar issues in other projects, although your one-minute test went off without a hitch. Have you changing anything in your recording setup since making that test? Either hardware or software, or maybe in your process? If so, it would be worthwhile to do a new test with your current setup. If not, all I can say is that you are not the first volunteer to have trouble with GarageBand not wanting to create files in the format we need. :? I wish I could be more helpful.
I would appreciate that. Yes, I'm having issues with some of my Cyrano uploads. I have a new computer and am now facing GB 10 instead of 6. I'm working on the setup and have started playing around with Audacity to see if that will be better. Thanks for the help
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Thanks for picking that up, Devorah. Yes, the content of the reading was fine - it was just the technical presentation.

Trish - I'd encourage you to persevere with the technical issues. You've got a great voice to listen to and it would be a shame to lose it for want of being able to package up the files. Moving to Audacity is a great idea as there's considerably more experience with using it shared among the group - it might feel a lot more complex at first, but that's because you can do so much more with it. In particular, one of the admins has recorded a series of helpful videos (sometimes with older versions of Audacity so you may occasionally need to compensate) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzwdejut4gY&list=PL3D4A53CF932AD360 and another reader has put together a series of videos that make up a short course on recording for LibriVox with Audacity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMHYycgA5VU&list=PLycbqtbq47FmglVtWb3FWE7eVosXDlj83
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

mightyfelix wrote: June 27th, 2021, 5:10 pm In order to keep this project moving and allow you to move on to other things, I'm willing to fix these things and reupload it myself.
(Assuming there's no check on who uploaded a file) I've done that and corrected the filename. Sorry for missing that when PLing.
dltrial

Post by dltrial »

SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

dltrial wrote: July 6th, 2021, 3:31 pm section 64 done
Section 64 is PL OK! Thank you! :clap:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Paul, have you heard anything from Ally on those last few sections? I see that she did have a passing test, but it's been a couple of months now since her claim. It may be time to open those back up.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

I've not heard anything - I'll send her a PM first just in case. As a newcomer, it may well be that she's simply underestimated the time it takes to edit.

Cheers,
PAul
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

A few (assumed abandoned) sections have been freed up. It's back to Readers Wanted for us!
SR71

Post by SR71 »

Can I have section 20? Thanks!
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

SR71 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 2:52 pm Can I have section 20? Thanks!
Sure - I'll allocate it provisionally subject to you putting in a successful 1-minute test.

Cheers,
Paul
Nicoleca

Post by Nicoleca »

Hello,
I would like to claim 20 and 21 please.
Nicole
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Nicoleca wrote: September 13th, 2021, 7:03 pm I would like to claim 20 and 21 please.
Section 21 is all yours! Section 20 has already been assigned to Sr71 though - did you perhaps mean to reserve sections 21 and 22?

Cheers,
Paul