[LEGENDS] Book of Thousand Nights & a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 12-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Laveena27
Posts: 45
Joined: July 9th, 2020, 6:04 am

Post by Laveena27 » December 20th, 2020, 10:33 am

Hello,
May I please claim section 56.
Also what does p. and pp. stand for?

Dtcastid
Posts: 108
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » December 20th, 2020, 10:55 am

Hi,
May I claim section 63?
Thanks,
Diane

SkyRider
Posts: 695
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » December 20th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Laveena27 wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:33 am
May I please claim section 56.
Certainly. :-)
Laveena27 wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:33 am
Also what does p. and pp. stand for?
There are a few exceptions, but usually p.=page and pp.=pages.

SkyRider
Posts: 695
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » December 20th, 2020, 3:24 pm

Dtcastid wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:55 am
May I claim section 63?
All yours! :-)

Laveena27
Posts: 45
Joined: July 9th, 2020, 6:04 am

Post by Laveena27 » December 20th, 2020, 8:12 pm

SkyRider wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 3:22 pm
There are a few exceptions, but usually p.=page and pp.=pages.
So do I have to say page number too while speaking the title or do I have to leave it?

Rachie
Posts: 1
Joined: September 10th, 2020, 10:53 am

Post by Rachie » December 20th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Can I claim section 62? Please use Rachel Cresswell as my pseudonym. This is my first recording... we'll see how it goes!

SkyRider
Posts: 695
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » December 21st, 2020, 2:37 am

Hi Rachel...
Rachie wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 9:43 pm
Can I claim section 62? Please use Rachel Cresswell as my pseudonym. This is my first recording... we'll see how it goes!
I've allocated section 62 to you, and you now have your own reader's page: https://librivox.org/reader/15464 That said, before you record a passage, we like you to record a short test piece. This isn't an audition but is an exercise to make sure you can manage to meet LibriVox's technical requirements - it's obviously better to try this on something that's taken you a few seconds to record rather than a substantial time. Details on recording and submitting your test piece can be found on this page: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

This is a bit of a long shot, but I know a Rachel Cresswell in real life. I don't suppose that you're the same one?

SkyRider
Posts: 695
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » December 21st, 2020, 2:42 am

Laveena27 wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 8:12 pm
SkyRider wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 3:22 pm
There are a few exceptions, but usually p.=page and pp.=pages.
So do I have to say page number too while speaking the title or do I have to leave it?
The passage should start: In addition to the versions of this amusing story referred to on page two hundred and thirty one — all of which will be found in the second volume of my work on "Popular Tales and Fictions," pages two hundred and twelve to two hundred and twenty eight...

Or have I not understood your question correctly?

Cheers,
Paul

Laveena27
Posts: 45
Joined: July 9th, 2020, 6:04 am

Post by Laveena27 » December 21st, 2020, 3:03 am

SkyRider wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 2:42 am
Laveena27 wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 8:12 pm
SkyRider wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 3:22 pm
There are a few exceptions, but usually p.=page and pp.=pages.
So do I have to say page number too while speaking the title or do I have to leave it?
The passage should start: In addition to the versions of this amusing story referred to on page two hundred and thirty one — all of which will be found in the second volume of my work on "Popular Tales and Fictions," pages two hundred and twelve to two hundred and twenty eight...

Or have I not understood your question correctly?

Cheers,
Paul
Well actually I meant do I have to say 'The fuller, his wife, and the trooper, volume 11, page 231.' or just ' The fuller, his wife, and the trooper, volume 11.'

Thanks

SkyRider
Posts: 695
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » December 21st, 2020, 3:14 am

Laveena27 wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 3:03 am
Well actually I meant do I have to say 'The fuller, his wife, and the trooper, volume 11, page 231.' or just ' The fuller, his wife, and the trooper, volume 11.'
Sorry for misunderstanding - yes, for that one you can just leave it as volume 11 without the page reference. We've lost the pagination by the time the book gets to Project Gutenberg, so it's well gone by the time it's read.

Laveena27
Posts: 45
Joined: July 9th, 2020, 6:04 am

Post by Laveena27 » December 21st, 2020, 3:40 am

Ok. Thank you

Dtcastid
Posts: 108
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » December 21st, 2020, 7:22 am

SkyRider wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 3:24 pm
Dtcastid wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:55 am
May I claim section 63?
All yours! :-)
I have a question. There is a brief paragraph before and after the story (prologue & epilogue?). Should I include or omit those in the reading?
Diane

SkyRider
Posts: 695
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » December 21st, 2020, 8:10 am

Dtcastid wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 7:22 am
There is a brief paragraph before and after the story (prologue & epilogue?). Should I include or omit those in the reading?
Please include them - this is the commentary section and they make up part of the commentary. The end bit really belongs with the next section, but it was easier to subdivide the passage where there was a heading.

Cheers,
Paul

Dtcastid
Posts: 108
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » December 21st, 2020, 12:52 pm

SkyRider wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 8:10 am
Dtcastid wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 7:22 am
There is a brief paragraph before and after the story (prologue & epilogue?). Should I include or omit those in the reading?
Please include them - this is the commentary section and they make up part of the commentary. The end bit really belongs with the next section, but it was easier to subdivide the passage where there was a heading.

Cheers,
Paul
Got it! Thanks!

Dtcastid
Posts: 108
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » December 22nd, 2020, 1:43 pm


Post Reply