[COMPLETE] Stories of the Bible, Volume 1 The People of the Chosen Land by Myles Endicott - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 15895
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 3rd, 2020, 11:19 am

lomond wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:07 pm
silverquill wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 9:10 am
Adraya2 wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 7:39 pm
Hi Lomond
I decided to redo chapter 22 and 23. i hope had added the 5 seconds on correctly..
Adraya2


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesofthbiblevol1_23_endicott_128kb.mp3 7.05 KB Clear
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesofthebiblevol_22_endicott_128kb.mp3 7.54
Okay, we'll proof listen soon.

And, we need the file length as mm:ss not KB

Thanks for working on these.
Greetings -

I am a bit confused about which files should be PLed. I am assuming that these two files are the correct ones and not the ones in the MW.

I noticed that this Chapter 22 does have five seconds at the end although there is a bit of noise at the very end. The URL for this chapter is missing the "1" at the end of "storiesofthebiblevol'

Chapter 23 does not have five seconds at the end and is missing the "e" in "storiesofthebiblevol1".

I will PL them both to see if there are any anomalies in the actual readings.

Hang in there, Adraya2. Every reader has sections that seem to go out of their way to stymie them. :) :)

Lomond
Good catch, lomond.

We should always try to PL from the link that is in the MW.
This is a good case in point.

If the file is uploaded under the same file name, as it should be, then the link in the MW will point to the new file.
(They are not actually overwritten, but the previous file is renamed and is there if it ever needs to be retrieved, such as if someone else uploads a file with the wrong section number that is the same as one already uploaded.)

In the case of 22, with the volume number missing, it does not, so the MW link still points to the original file.
So, this needs to be uploaded again with the correct file name. The MC can correct it, but I think this would be best.
The new recording does have the five seconds, but the volume is just below our upper limit, so it could come down a couple of decibels.

I've marked 18 and 23 PL OK, but did not listen to 22.
~ Larry

Adraya2
Posts: 35
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 9:28 am

Post by Adraya2 » December 3rd, 2020, 2:47 pm

Hi Lomond:
I am resubmitting chapter 22 and put the correct title for the chapter.


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesofthebiblevol1_22_endicott_128kb.mp3. Duration 7:58.54

Adraya2

silverquill
Posts: 15895
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 3rd, 2020, 9:45 pm

Adraya2 wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 2:47 pm
Hi Lomond:
I am resubmitting chapter 22 and put the correct title for the chapter.


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesofthebiblevol1_22_endicott_128kb.mp3. Duration 7:58.54

Adraya2
Great, thank you!
Lomond will be along to give you a full PL report since you said this is a new recording.

== Just one chapter left!
~ Larry

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 48930
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 4th, 2020, 6:10 am

Since the last reader's claim is up tomorrow, when you orphan it, you can assign it to me if you like.
(Errr, how's that for a complex sentence? 3 subordinate clauses!)

I should be able to record it tomorrow evening or Sunday afternoon.
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories

silverquill
Posts: 15895
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 4th, 2020, 8:20 am

TriciaG wrote:
December 4th, 2020, 6:10 am
Since the last reader's claim is up tomorrow, when you orphan it, you can assign it to me if you like.
(Errr, how's that for a complex sentence? 3 subordinate clauses!)

I should be able to record it tomorrow evening or Sunday afternoon.
They did check in a few days ago, both in this forum and by PM, saying they should have it posted by the end of the week.
I've sent another PM to see if this is actually going to happen. I'll let you know.
~ Larry

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 48930
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 4th, 2020, 2:01 pm

Okay. :) I don't mean to be pushy; just giving you a heads up that I'm available to record it. 8-)
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories

lomond
Posts: 1931
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » December 4th, 2020, 11:16 pm

silverquill wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 9:45 pm
Adraya2 wrote:
December 3rd, 2020, 2:47 pm
Hi Lomond:
I am resubmitting chapter 22 and put the correct title for the chapter.


https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesofthebiblevol1_22_endicott_128kb.mp3. Duration 7:58.54

Adraya2
Great, thank you!
Lomond will be along to give you a full PL report since you said this is a new recording.

== Just one chapter left!
Greetings -

O.K.

I PLed the file in the MW and found it to be very well read. No problems at all with it.

So, if we add five seconds of silence at the end, we will be finished with it. Even with the five seconds added to the end, this file is noticeably shorter than the previous one.

Lomond

danichole
Posts: 11
Joined: July 18th, 2020, 2:24 pm

Post by danichole » December 5th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Good evening. I am submitting my recording of section 6. The recording length is 04:34 and the link is attached below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesofthebiblevol1_06_endicott_128kb.mp3

silverquill
Posts: 15895
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 6th, 2020, 1:16 am

danichole wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Good evening. I am submitting my recording of section 6. The recording length is 04:34 and the link is attached below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesofthebiblevol1_06_endicott_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
I've marked this PL OK.

Just a general comment -- there is a lot of the "hollow room" effect in the recording - something you might like to work on for future recordings.

Glad to have your participation in this project!
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15895
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 6th, 2020, 1:18 am

So we can wrap up this project, I've added the 5 seconds to Section 22.

We are now complete and ready for catalog.
~ Larry

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 48930
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 6th, 2020, 6:34 am

I'll work on cataloging this after church. :) (Yes, we're still able to meet in person! Limited capacity, spread out, and we keep our masks on the whole time.)
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 48930
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 6th, 2020, 11:35 am

Can someone check these two files to be sure the MW link is the right file? The run times are off enough to wonder about.

Section 7: Archive has 2:27, MW has 1:57
Section 23: Archive has 7:35, MW has 6:44
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 48930
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » December 6th, 2020, 3:29 pm

I listened to 7 and 23; the sounded OK to me, so the run times in the MW were wrong.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/stories-of-the-bible-volume-1-by-myles-endicott/
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories

silverquill
Posts: 15895
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 6th, 2020, 8:37 pm

Thanks, Tricia!
Sorry for not being able to check on these.

We had a whopping nor'easter whirl in yesterday dumping about a foot of heavy wet snow with strong wind gusts yesterday. We were without power most of the day, and then today we had power but no internet.
~ Larry

danichole
Posts: 11
Joined: July 18th, 2020, 2:24 pm

Post by danichole » December 7th, 2020, 2:41 pm

silverquill wrote:
December 6th, 2020, 1:16 am
danichole wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Good evening. I am submitting my recording of section 6. The recording length is 04:34 and the link is attached below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesofthebiblevol1_06_endicott_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
I've marked this PL OK.


Just a general comment -- there is a lot of the "hollow room" effect in the recording - something you might like to work on for future recordings.

Glad to have your participation in this project!
Thanks I will keep that in mind and check into it.

Post Reply