COMPLETE [PHILOSOPHY] Essays of Schopenhauer by Arthur Schopenhauer-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
djblackett

Post by djblackett »

Here is the last section.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/essaysofschopenhauer_24_schopenhauer_128kb.mp3

Duration: 13:00

I ended up going for a modern Greek pronunciation instead of Erasmian, mostly because I wanted to challenge myself to do it. I doubt it is perfect, but hopefully a Greek listener would be glad I made the effort rather than insulted by any errors. The fact that it had no accents written in made it very difficult to know where to emphasize; I mostly guessed. It is an English audiobook after all...

The Latin turned out okay I think. I was almost inspired to redo it with the classical pronunciation after watching the new show Barbarians on Netflix. It has a lot of dialogue in Latin, so it was really cool to be able to hear it in a context that was also really interesting. Alas, other life commitments like to get in the way. How dare my family want attention :lol: In all fairness, Schopenhauer himself would have spoken Latin with the Ecclesiastical pronunciation, so it is probably more authentic that way. :hmm:
DomFord

Post by DomFord »

KevinS wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 7:04 pm
DomFord wrote: October 26th, 2020, 12:56 pm Here's section 12!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/essaysofschopenhauer_12_schopenhauer_128kb.mp3 (08:39)
A nice reading! You'll have to re-upload your file, however. The sampling rate must be 44.1kHz. While you're at it, please add as a closing: End of Section 12. Also, please shorten the length of silence at the end of your reading to five seconds.
Done - let me know if this is all good now :) https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/essaysofschopenhauer_12_schopenhauer_128kb.mp3
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

KHurst wrote: November 1st, 2020, 10:01 am Hello! Here is section 17, file duration 19:58.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/essaysofschopenhauer_17_128kb.mp3
Great job! PL OK!

There is a scraping noise at 9:59, but I don't think I would worry about it.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 18 PL OK!
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

djblackett wrote: November 7th, 2020, 10:10 pm Here is the last section.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/essaysofschopenhauer_24_schopenhauer_128kb.mp3

I ended up going for a modern Greek pronunciation instead of Erasmian, mostly because I wanted to challenge myself to do it. I doubt it is perfect, but hopefully a Greek listener would be glad I made the effort rather than insulted by any errors. The fact that it had no accents written in made it very difficult to know where to emphasize; I mostly guessed. It is an English audiobook after all...

The Latin turned out okay I think. I was almost inspired to redo it with the classical pronunciation after watching the new show Barbarians on Netflix. It has a lot of dialogue in Latin, so it was really cool to be able to hear it in a context that was also really interesting. Alas, other life commitments like to get in the way. How dare my family want attention :lol: In all fairness, Schopenhauer himself would have spoken Latin with the Ecclesiastical pronunciation, so it is probably more authentic that way. :hmm:

Hi!
Thank you so much for the recording, the MW has been updated :D
Also Barbarians, gotta love that show! Schopenhauer would probably not take offence to the classical accent because for the most part, his world was directly influenced by the ancients A HELLA LOT. As far as commitments go, there's no rush ever so always take your time, you're supposed to have fun doing this :D
-SS

PS I'm sure the greeks will love you
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

KevinS wrote: November 16th, 2020, 5:39 pm Section 18 PL OK!
Thank you Kevin :D :D :D You're a great DPL!
kingraam

Post by kingraam »

shreyasethi wrote: October 31st, 2020, 8:56 pm
kingraam wrote: October 31st, 2020, 11:57 am Hello

Could I please claim section 13 Religion. A Dialogue part 1 ? I am a new reader but I posted today test recording for review and it got the okay.

Thanks in advance

David
YES THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!! I've assigned the section to you, have fun!!!
Just a quick update. I finished but the sound quality was bad... i see I need a pop filter so I’ve got one coming from Amazon and then I’ll redo it.
Ellastew121

Post by Ellastew121 »

May I claim sections 14-16?
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Ellastew121 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 8:21 pm May I claim sections 14-16?
That would really be wonderful!!! Thanks a lot for claiming! MW has been updated :D Best of luck!!
-SS
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

As the project is full, moving us to Readers Found!
Leni
=================
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Leni wrote: November 28th, 2020, 10:15 am As the project is full, moving us to Readers Found!
THANK YOU SO MUCH LENI!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
djblackett

Post by djblackett »

I've been checking to see if the very last chapter has been PL'd, but I just realized that it is still marked as "assigned" instead of PL Ready. Any chance someone could look into that?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

djblackett wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 6:03 pm I've been checking to see if the very last chapter has been PL'd, but I just realized that it is still marked as "assigned" instead of PL Ready. Any chance someone could look into that?
MW updated.

I'll try to get to this tonight or tomorrow.
gondola

Post by gondola »

Hello

I had to add 1/2 second to sections 1 and 9. Are they ok now?

Florence
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

djblackett wrote: November 7th, 2020, 10:10 pm Here is the last section.

Sorry for the delay in getting to this. There is only one thing missing and that is the statement "End of [Section]" in the close.