[COMPLETE] The Psalmes of David by Sir Philip Sidney & Mary Sidney Herbert - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cinnagirl

Post by Cinnagirl »

MatthewK

Post by MatthewK »

Hello!

I just got started with LibriVox and I'd be excited to help out with this project. I think I can record Psalms 113 and 121 in a month if no one else has signed up yet. This would be my first recording and would like to go down as Matthew Keller. As for a website, can I add one later on, or only when I start?

Thanks,
Matthew
PandaPrincess

Post by PandaPrincess »

candleshine

Post by candleshine »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Psalm 17 spot PL OK!

Others entered for listening - thanks!
MatthewK wrote: September 7th, 2020, 10:26 am Hello!

I just got started with LibriVox and I'd be excited to help out with this project. I think I can record Psalms 113 and 121 in a month if no one else has signed up yet. This would be my first recording and would like to go down as Matthew Keller. As for a website, can I add one later on, or only when I start?
I've put you in for those sections. :)
You may want to do about 30 seconds or so of them (or of the 1-minute test suggested text) to "sound check" your recording setup. That way you can be sure your volume, etc. are okay before investing in an entire section.

You can add a website later on. Just let me or any other admin know, and we can do it for you.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Psalm 98:
Volume's a bit too high. Please lower by 4 dB. :)
0:43 - "now sees performed in his saving grace." I hear "seems performed"
0:47 - "Then earth and all possessing earthy place" - I hear "and all possess"
1:04 - "Thou total globe and all that thee enjoy" - I hear "and all thee enjoy" (changes the rhythm of the poem)
1:20 - "And equal laws among the dwellers make" - I hear "and equal law among dwellers make" (law/laws, and missing "the" which changes the rhythm of the poem).

Psalm 101:
0:27 - "What mercy then, what justice use I will" - Stumble in this. There's a little "w--" which you can pretty easily chop out. :)
0:53 - "Their waies I shall purse with hatred still" - I heard "wails" - I think it's supposed to be be "ways"
0:59 - "Mischievous heads farre off from me shall go" - I hear "fan off" (should be "far off")
1:17- since you're in the file, anyway, there's a longish S sound in "But sss- for truth-tellers I will search" - should be pretty easy to cut out the S sound. :)

Psalm 116:
0:40 - "O Lord, my bands unbind" - missing the O. ;)
1:04 - "Such changes on thee shows" - I hear "changes on thy shows"
1:08 - "who greatest is and best" - I hear "greatest is the best" (means, "who is the greatest and the best")
1:13 - "Mine eyes have dried their weeping" I hear "drifted their weeping"
1:23 - "such woe my wits did blind" - I hear "such woe my wilts did blind"
1:29 - "I all men liars find" - I hear "I all men hers find"

Psalm 125:
0:40 - "Ever abiding" I hear "ever abided" (with a bit of a stumble on "ever")

Psalm 126:
0:18 - "By the Lord's conduct home we returned" - I hear "by the Lord conduct" (missing the 's, which changes the meaning)
0:34 - stumble on "loudly resounded"
1:16 - "what with tears to the ground he bequeathed" - I hear something like "ground be bequimeth"

Psalm 131:
0:31 - "O did I not? Yes so did I" I hear "so I did" which changes the poem's rhyme.
Comicartistsam

Post by Comicartistsam »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thank you! PL tomorrow. :)
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Psalm 18

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/psalmesofdavid_018_sidney_128kb.mp3

6:40.38

Choosing the ones that "rhyme" doesn't make them any easier to read... Not for some of us, at least! :shock:

Have an excellent week!

Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yeah, especially the words that don't have a rhyme because they're not at the end of a line!

5:05 - "my fighting strength, by thy strength, strengthened was" - I hear "sustained"

5:54 - "Then live Jehovah still" - I hear "The live Jehovah still" - I think this is supposed to mean, "Then let Jehovah still live", so "live" needs to be pronounced like the verb.

(FYI - "shew" as at 5:46, is pronounced "show". You can change it if you like, but I won't quibble over it. I point it out more for future readings than for now.)

These certainly aren't easy; it helps to have a second set of eyes. 8-)
Comicartistsam

Post by Comicartistsam »

Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

TriciaG wrote: September 8th, 2020, 7:04 am Yeah, especially the words that don't have a rhyme because they're not at the end of a line!

5:05 - "my fighting strength, by thy strength, strengthened was" - I hear "sustained"

5:54 - "Then live Jehovah still" - I hear "The live Jehovah still" - I think this is supposed to mean, "Then let Jehovah still live", so "live" needs to be pronounced like the verb.

(FYI - "shew" as at 5:46, is pronounced "show". You can change it if you like, but I won't quibble over it. I point it out more for future readings than for now.)

These certainly aren't easy; it helps to have a second set of eyes. 8-)
Uploaded with corrections.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/psalmesofdavid_018_sidney_128kb.mp3
6:40.88

I did stay with "shew" at 5:46. In my first read-through I said "show" - but then in listening back, it seemed as if the the poet/s were doing some creative internal poetry: they've got "knew," "untrue," and "rue," in there, so ... it seemed like the alternate pronunciation was a <ahem> "shoe in."
:D
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
PandaPrincess

Post by PandaPrincess »

i just recorded the corrections. We'll upload them soon. May I claim 124 ,please.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

PandaPrincess wrote: September 8th, 2020, 5:23 pm i just recorded the corrections. We'll upload them soon. May I claim 124 ,please.
Claim's in. Thanks!
PandaPrincess

Post by PandaPrincess »