[COMPLETE] A History of Astronomy by W. W. Bryant - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

Availle wrote: October 1st, 2020, 4:58 pm Hi there and welcome to LV and to this project! :D

I have pencilled you in for section 28 (great choice!), but please do your test before you start recording "for real". It's more of a soundcheck, really, to make sure your equipment can handle all the recording you're going to do here. :mrgreen:

Your welcome mail has more info about the 1-Minute-Test. Please post it over in "Listeners and Editors Wanted" and get back to me once you have your [OK]. I'll hold your section for a month to do that.

While you're busy with your test, you can also think of a catalog name; if you're going to say a name in your recordings, that's a good choice (so that your fans can find you), but it can be pretty much anything, really.

Anyway, test first, and then: Have fun!

Thank you, my test has been approved now.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Yes, finally! It slipped through the cracks at first, so I did a bit of magic... :wink:

Anyway, section 28 is now officially yours, all you need to know is in the first post of this thread. Let me know if you have questions!
have fun! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
shubham

Post by shubham »

I would like to claim Section 30 XXX Variable Stars please.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome to LV and to this project! :D

I have pencilled you in for section 30, but please do your test before you start recording "for real". It's more of a soundcheck, really, to make sure your equipment can handle all the recording you're going to do here. :mrgreen:

Your welcome mail has more info about the 1-Minute-Test. Please post it over in "Listeners and Editors Wanted" and get back to me once you have your [OK]. I'll hold your section for a month to do that.

While you're busy with your test, you can also think of a catalog name; if you're going to say a name in your recordings, that's a good choice (so that your fans can find you), but it can be pretty much anything, really.

Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
rompshru

Post by rompshru »

Section 33 please.
djblackett

Post by djblackett »

Here is section 23: Mars
Runtime is 18:37
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/historyofastronomy_23_bryant_128kb.mp3

A question to go along with this, I figured out a much much better FX chain for cleaning the audio while editing this one. It would be very minimal effort to apply the same module chain to section 22 that I already submitted. I don't want to make life more complicated for anyone, so if it's preferred that I don't, that is fine too. It will be a better listening experience in the end though.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you!

As for the noise cleaning... I understand where you're coming from, being fairly perfectionist myself. :wink:
However, we really try to avoid going over files that are marked PL OK, so I really rather you didn't touch section 22 again.

I briefly listened to a few spots and it's fine. Many people listen to our audiobooks on a commute, while taking a walk, during exercise or housework... It doesn't have to be flawless.

I'd say great that you've learned something, now look forward and apply it to all future recordings (until you learn something new again :wink:)
What do you say?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
djblackett

Post by djblackett »

Availle wrote: October 6th, 2020, 5:11 pm Thank you!

As for the noise cleaning... I understand where you're coming from, being fairly perfectionist myself. :wink:
However, we really try to avoid going over files that are marked PL OK, so I really rather you didn't touch section 22 again.

I briefly listened to a few spots and it's fine. Many people listen to our audiobooks on a commute, while taking a walk, during exercise or housework... It doesn't have to be flawless.

I'd say great that you've learned something, now look forward and apply it to all future recordings (until you learn something new again :wink:)
What do you say?
That's fine with me. I imagine it's one of those things where once you let someone do it once, you're opening the door to everyone wanting to do it, which would be a nightmare. So all is good.
shubham

Post by shubham »

I just completed the 1 minute test. The link is here below.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=83052
I would like to have my catalogue name as Shubham. Thank You.
shubham

Post by shubham »

Availle wrote: October 6th, 2020, 3:43 am Hi there and welcome to LV and to this project! :D

I have pencilled you in for section 30, but please do your test before you start recording "for real". It's more of a soundcheck, really, to make sure your equipment can handle all the recording you're going to do here. :mrgreen:

I just completed the 1 minute test. The link is here below.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=83052
I would like to have my catalogue name as Shubham. Thank You.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you, I've seen your post the first time. :D

Your test is not "complete" until you get an [OK], which you didn't yet. As I wrote above:
shubham wrote: October 7th, 2020, 10:46 pm ...and get back to me once you have your [OK].
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
alixsquish

Post by alixsquish »

Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog
drwolfe88

Post by drwolfe88 »

Hello! I would like to claim section 33 The Conclusion, please. Also, this will be my first time reading/recording for LB. I submitted my 1min test earlier today.
Thanks! :D
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you for your files Alix, MW updated!

Hi there drwolfe88 and welcome to LV and to this project!

The conclusion is yours, but please wait with recording until you get an [OK] on your test, shouldn't take more than a day or two.
Everything you need to know is in the first post of this thread, ask if you have questions.

Have fun on here! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
jr6524

Post by jr6524 »

Hello,
Chapter 21 has been uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/historyofastronomy_21_bryant_128kb.mp3
Duration: 12:45