[group] The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus - philc

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
ArtemisBee
Posts: 26
Joined: July 20th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Post by ArtemisBee » September 8th, 2020, 3:42 am

Wonderful! Thanks again!

mleigh
Posts: 294
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » September 8th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Here is: 15 The First Journey with the Reindeer

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_15_baum_128kb.mp3
13:36


Thanks,

M

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19499
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » September 8th, 2020, 7:57 pm

mleigh wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 6:59 pm
Here is: 15 The First Journey with the Reindeer

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_15_baum_128kb.mp3
13:36
Thanks,
M
Yes!
Our dancing Xmas bannana will put this into the magic window for proof listening Image
Hey, Hey Y'ALL COME Zoom meeting Sunday 10/25 NOON https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632
Agenda - discussion of Zoom use in LibriVox and general hilarity and fun.

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

Kristine1990
Posts: 127
Joined: October 18th, 2019, 5:09 am
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kristine1990 » September 11th, 2020, 10:38 pm

Hi philc. :) Here is chapter 10, 'How The Ryls Colored The Toys.' :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_10_baum__128kb.mp3
Runtime is 10 minutes, 1 second.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19499
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » September 12th, 2020, 2:24 am

Kristine1990 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 10:38 pm
Hi philc. :) Here is chapter 10, 'How The Ryls Colored The Toys.' :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_10_baum__128kb.mp3
Runtime is 10 minutes, 1 second.
Thanks.I will put this into the magic window.
Hey, Hey Y'ALL COME Zoom meeting Sunday 10/25 NOON https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632
Agenda - discussion of Zoom use in LibriVox and general hilarity and fun.

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19499
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » September 12th, 2020, 1:58 pm

I don't know where to put this notice so I will just stick it here and in my other projects in the hope that you might join us.
You are invited to a zoom LibriVox chit-chat session this sunday (tomorrow) at 9 pm central time.
Phil Chenevert is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: LibriVox Chit-Chat & Sharing Zoom Meeting
Time: Sep 13, 2020 09:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/72321879419?pwd=ck1QNTNhWCtuR2tRWksvSTFobFMxUT09

Meeting ID: 723 2187 9419
Passcode: 3dbnUL
Hey, Hey Y'ALL COME Zoom meeting Sunday 10/25 NOON https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632
Agenda - discussion of Zoom use in LibriVox and general hilarity and fun.

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

Lmnei
Posts: 3575
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » September 12th, 2020, 2:00 pm

philchenevert wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 1:58 pm
I don't know where to put this notice so I will just stick it here and in my other projects in the hope that you might join us.
You are invited to a zoom LibriVox chit-chat session this sunday (tomorrow) at 9 pm central time.
Phil Chenevert is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: LibriVox Chit-Chat & Sharing Zoom Meeting
Time: Sep 13, 2020 09:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/72321879419?pwd=ck1QNTNhWCtuR2tRWksvSTFobFMxUT09

Meeting ID: 723 2187 9419
Passcode: 3dbnUL
Sounds interesting Phil! What are we going to chit chat about??? Is there a topic?

Lynda

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19499
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » September 12th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Sounds interesting Phil! What are we going to chit chat about??? Is there a topic?
Lynda
Top
Oh yes! 1) We will each share how we keep track of our projects, someone asked about that I'm sure we each have our own methods that may help others. 2) I will give a short demo of how to enable the 'green screen' in zoom so that it looks like I'm at the beach. 3) A discussion of what each of us is currently working on, and what we think might help LV be better 4) Are we handling the large influx of new volunteers OK, or could more be done? And and just chit chat about editing and stuff. Last week we enjoyed learnig how those amazing cover art gets done for us. Any suggestions?
Hey, Hey Y'ALL COME Zoom meeting Sunday 10/25 NOON https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632
Agenda - discussion of Zoom use in LibriVox and general hilarity and fun.

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

Lmnei
Posts: 3575
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » September 12th, 2020, 2:23 pm

philchenevert wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 2:11 pm
Sounds interesting Phil! What are we going to chit chat about??? Is there a topic?
Lynda
Top
Oh yes! 1) We will each share how we keep track of our projects, someone asked about that I'm sure we each have our own methods that may help others. 2) I will give a short demo of how to enable the 'green screen' in zoom so that it looks like I'm at the beach. 3) A discussion of what each of us is currently working on, and what we think might help LV be better 4) Are we handling the large influx of new volunteers OK, or could more be done? And and just chit chat about editing and stuff. Last week we enjoyed learnig how those amazing cover art gets done for us. Any suggestions?
That sounds really fun! I was not aware that there was a session last week! I would have loved to learn about the cover art! The green screen stuff is fun however the direction my laptop points it does not work as there are curtains - I only get parts of pictures! I think you need to be against a flat wall.

"See" you Sunday!

Lynda

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19499
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » September 12th, 2020, 3:32 pm

Great! Jump on in anytime before or after 9 pm central, I will be on line
Hey, Hey Y'ALL COME Zoom meeting Sunday 10/25 NOON https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632
Agenda - discussion of Zoom use in LibriVox and general hilarity and fun.

My horses' name is Mayo. Sometimes Mayo neighs

Lmnei
Posts: 3575
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » September 12th, 2020, 4:46 pm

Kristine1990 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 10:38 pm
Hi philc. :) Here is chapter 10, 'How The Ryls Colored The Toys.' :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_10_baum__128kb.mp3
Runtime is 10 minutes, 1 second.
Hi Kristine -

Here is your PL feedback for Chapter 10 - please let me know if you have any questions.

0:38 – said Nature should be Earth
2:17 – stumble on “lifted it”. Please re-record the words.
2:41 – missing text "Then Claus warmed milk and fed it to the boy slowly, while the cat looked on with sober curiosity. Finally the little one curled up in his friend's arms and sighed and fell asleep, and Claus, filled with gladness that he had found the wanderer, held him closely while he slumbered."
3:34 – said “without looking where I was” text says “without knowing where I was"
4:31 – missing “own” in “his own broad shoulders”
4:41 – heard “as soon as he entered” text says “as soon as they entered”
7:05 = heard “near the palace of” text says “near the walls of the beautiful palace of "
Need 5 seconds of silence at the end of the recording please.

Also, your recording volume is outside of the target range of 86–92 dB. It is 85.8 dB. Please increases it by 2 dB. However, due to some spikes in your volume in your recording, you will need to Compress it first. I suggest a Compression of 7:1 which will then allow you to Amplify by 2 dB. I have tried this on your recording and it works out just fine and then passes for volume.

Lastly, when saving your file, the character between the baum and 128 is a single _ not a double one. You seem to have two _ _'s in there.

Again, please let me know if you have any questions and I am happy to answer them!

Lynda

Lmnei
Posts: 3575
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » September 12th, 2020, 5:17 pm

mleigh wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 6:59 pm
Here is: 15 The First Journey with the Reindeer

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifeandadventuresofsantaclaus_15_baum_128kb.mp3
13:36


Thanks,

M
Excellent reading! PL OK!

Lynda

Kristine1990
Posts: 127
Joined: October 18th, 2019, 5:09 am
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kristine1990 » September 12th, 2020, 5:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback Lynda. I really appreciate it and I will make the necessary changes. ☺️

Kristine1990
Posts: 127
Joined: October 18th, 2019, 5:09 am
Location: Warburg, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kristine1990 » September 12th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Hi Lynda. :) I just had a quick question: Because of the mistakes and fumbles, do I re-record, or edit out mistakes?
If you could let me know, I would appreciate it. :)

Lmnei
Posts: 3575
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » September 12th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Kristine1990 wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 6:46 pm
Hi Lynda. :) I just had a quick question: Because of the mistakes and fumbles, do I re-record, or edit out mistakes?
If you could let me know, I would appreciate it. :)
Please edit the items I pointed out. We generally do not re-record as the person who listens to your recording (the DPL) goes through it in detail to provide that feedback. When you do the edits, we only spot listen to ensure the edits are complete - we do not listen to the whole thing again. In very rare cases would the selection be recorded over. Your edits should be easy to do. I suggest you open up a session in Audacity and record all the words/sentences that I outlined (with spaces between them) and then also with the recording open in Audacity (you can have more than 1 session open) copy and paste in the newly recorded pieces.

I hope that helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions -

Lynda

Post Reply