[COMPLETE] More Celtic Fairy Tales-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

More Celtic Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs (1854 - 1916).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/more-celtic-fairy-tales-by-joseph-jacobs/
More fairy tales from the early days of the British Isles, collected and edited by Joseph Jacobs. ( bookworm360)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/morecelticfairyt00jaco
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
      • Project Code: eTQPnkxu
      • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Joseph Jacobs) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Jacobs
      • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
      • Number of sections (files) this project will have:
      • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
      • Original publication date (if known):
      • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
      ============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales; Fantastic Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales

Keywords that describe the book: fiction, English, fairy tales, folktales, myths, jacobs, Legends, stories, Celtic, joseph

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of More Celtic Fairy Tales. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "More Celtic Fairy Tales, by Joseph Jacobs. [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of More Celtic Fairy Tales, by Joseph Jacobs. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      morecelticfairytales_##_jacobs_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. morecelticfairytales_01_jacobs_128kb.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: Joseph Jacobs
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: More Celtic Fairy Tales

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: mightyfelix
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by Bookworm360 on August 9th, 2020, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll set this up for you. MW coming shortly.

EDIT: A few questions before I can proceed: 1) Are you looking for a DPL, or do you have one lined up? 2) There is a preface to this book. You filled out the form to indicate that you don't plan to include that, is that right? If so, I'd ask you to reconsider. It is not too long, and many readers/listeners (including myself) find author's prefaces quite interesting. 3) You didn't indicate how many sections you want in the MW. I need to know this before I create it.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Thank you mightyfelix (or Devorah) for MCing this! The answers to your questions are
No, I do not have a DPL in mind, but if anyone would like to volunteer, they can.
And yes, I did mean to include the preface, then accidentally forgot it. :oops:
There are 22 sections, according to the number of stories(with preface and such) which are in the book. I hope this answers your questions suitably. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, great! Your MW is set up, and I have added a tilde to your subject line, to show potential DPLs that you are looking.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Thank you! But what does MTF stand for?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Bookworm360 wrote: August 9th, 2020, 5:02 pm Thank you! But what does MTF stand for?
:lol: That is just an abbreviation of my screen name, to show everyone at a glance who the MC for this project is. You'll see a similar collection of letters at the tail end of each project thread.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Oh, I see. Just thought it was some LibriVox abbreviation unknown to me.😅 :oops: :lol:
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

May I read section 15 (Elidor)?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Sure! Welcome aboard! :clap:
robertrosina

Post by robertrosina »

Hello everyone.

I was just about to commence doing this book as a solo. Happy to just contribute here though. I have recorded the Preface, and uploaded it for approval.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/morecelticfairytales_00_jacobs_128kb.mp3

Length: 05:08
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Sorry robertrosina, but I have already claimed that section. Perhaps you could use it in the solo you were mentioning? LibriVox does accept and enjoy multiple versions of the same book. :D Also, you may want to submit a 1-minute test and contribute to a collaborative work before doing a solo.
robertrosina

Post by robertrosina »

Challenge accepted bookworm. Good luck with it.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

May I claim 4, Paddy O'Kelly and the Weasel?

Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Sure! Welcome! :D
megreads

Post by megreads »

Hi,

I'm new here but I'd love to help, the name for the LibriVox catalogue is Megan Thomas, and I currently don't have a website or blog to share.

I think I could get two of these stories done in the next 1-2 months, so please could I claim:
2 - Jack the Cunning Thief
11 - The Greek Princess and the Young Gardnener
MegReads :D