[COMPLETE] Selected Poems from Michelangelo Buonarroti - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Hi there Kevin!
Section 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 and 90 are PL OK!

Thanks!
Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Eysiss wrote: April 12th, 2021, 1:58 pm Hi there Kevin!
Section 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 and 90 are PL OK!

Thanks!
Emanuela
Thank you! I am happy to be doing something correctly now!
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Kevin,
you are awesome with Buonarroti in English just as much as Michael is in Italian.
I have to confess that I tried to read some of it, both languages. It was awful. You two are really incredible.

Thank you so much for your efforts in this project!!
Emanuela
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thanks for the encouragement, Emanuela! Always a pleasure to hear that my Italian pronunciation sounds ok to a native speaker!

Michael
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Sections 91, 92, 93, 94, 97, 98 and 100 are PL Ok.

Thank you Kevin.

Emanuela
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Kevin, now for the little corrections.

Section 95: at 0:6 its PISTOJA. I think this "J" would be better if read like PISTOIA.
Often in ancient Italian "J" and "I" were the same sound. But this is just an opinion of mine, it's not that it changes the meaning of the text. So if you prefer to leave like you did, no worries;

Section 96: at 13:57, 3rd line, you read "miss" instead of "mid";

Section 99: at 0:3 I think you read the roman number as "twenty", but it's XV, 15.

Thank you
Emanuela
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Eysiss wrote: April 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm Kevin, now for the little corrections.

Section 95: at 0:6 its PISTOJA. I think this "J" would be better if read like PISTOIA.
Often in ancient Italian "J" and "I" were the same sound. But this is just an opinion of mine, it's not that it changes the meaning of the text. So if you prefer to leave like you did, no worries;

Section 96: at 13:57, 3rd line, you read "miss" instead of "mid";

Section 99: at 0:3 I think you read the roman number as "twenty", but it's XV, 15.

Thank you
Emanuela
Thank you for the careful listening.

So much of what I read in any romance language is framed in my knowing Portuguese and its pronunciation. Of course, even Brazilian Portuguese, which I know, is different in some ways from the Portuguese of Portugal. I keep learning!
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Kevin,
Sections 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 107, 108, 109 and 110 are PL OK.

Thank you!!
Emanuela
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Section 135 is PL Ok, just --> Michael at the very end you say very quickly "This Librivox recording is in the public domain".
without anything else. so I preferred to ask you if it is alright.

Section 136 --> here I'm lost.
Michael you read the first part of the sonet in English and in Italian, it's PL Ok, but in the section 105 Kevin has already read all the english part.
Ok, I know that there is a great plan behind, but I prefer to be sure, asking you both about this.

Emanuela
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

KevinS wrote: April 13th, 2021, 1:26 pm
Eysiss wrote: April 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm ......

So much of what I read in any romance language is framed in my knowing Portuguese and its pronunciation. Of course, even Brazilian Portuguese, which I know, is different in some ways from the Portuguese of Portugal. I keep learning!
Hi Kevin!
First of all I ask to you, Michael and Emanuela if there is some pare of this Buonarrroti project where I can still be if any help. In case just let me know and I will be happy to help.
Second point. I learn that you too Kevin, know Brazilian Portuguese: would you like to help me in my Brazilian theatre piece project " Quem casa, quer casa" de Martins Pena?
I miss male voices for some roles and your help would be most welcome! Michael already asked to read a short part of it.
Pier
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Iunta4Ios wrote: April 14th, 2021, 2:00 pm Second point. I learn that you too Kevin, know Brazilian Portuguese: would you like to help me in my Brazilian theatre piece project " Quem casa, quer casa" de Martins Pena?
I miss male voices for some roles and your help would be most welcome! Michael already asked to read a short part of it.
Pier
I can read Nicolau, though I must warn you that my accent is very poor (I'm sure) as I have had no one to speak to in Portuguese for decades. Still, I can give it a try.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

KevinS wrote: April 14th, 2021, 2:48 pm ....I can read Nicolau, though I must warn you that my accent is very poor (I'm sure) as I have had no one to speak to in Portuguese for decades. Still, I can give it a try.
You reading Nicolau would be phantastic!
And do not worry about your accent (my Portuguese isn't certainly perfect!) and do not forget that Nicolau is somehow a very " special" character and a special accent would be perfect for him. And in Brazil there are ( and there were even more at Pena's time) so many different accents, considering the different original country of many Brazilians!
Just drop me a line in the "Quem casa, quer casa" project.
Thanks,
Pier
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Eysiss wrote: April 14th, 2021, 1:52 pm Section 135 is PL Ok, just --> Michael at the very end you say very quickly "This Librivox recording is in the public domain".
without anything else. so I preferred to ask you if it is alright.
Sorry, Emanuela, I forgot to reply to this. I think my reading follows the format laid out in the opening post? ("For the second and subsequent sections:") Is something missing?
Section 136 --> here I'm lost.
Michael you read the first part of the sonet in English and in Italian, it's PL Ok, but in the section 105 Kevin has already read all the english part.
Ok, I know that there is a great plan behind, but I prefer to be sure, asking you both about this.
Yes, we agreed to do both these as DR trios. Pier and I each do one half of the original, and Kevin and I each do one half of the translation... unless Kevin decides to do something else while he edits them. :lol:

Michael
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Well, I think Kevin will have nightmares thanks to all these things while editing.
I'll stick to the prooflistening.

You guys are amazing.
Emanuela
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I've added some additional notes to the MW about these tracks. Thanks for the diligence, Emanuela!

Michael