[COMPLETE] Selected Poems from Michelangelo Buonarroti - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hmm, there are normally no section numbers in the intros of a short poetry collection. What kind of confusion did you have in mind?

Michael
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kazbek wrote: June 13th, 2021, 7:19 pm Hmm, there are normally no section numbers in the intros of a short poetry collection. What kind of confusion did you have in mind?

Michael
I'm thinking of the listeners who don't know Italian all that well. I think the section number might help them keep track with the text, should they wish.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 10: I've gone ahead with the section number as the first thing one hears. (I can easily remove it, of course.) What do you think?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

How would adding the section numbers help with this if they don't correspond to any numbering found in the text? Using poem numbers from the source in the intros instead of the first lines would have accomplished this purposes, but that train has left.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

If we want to help listeners follow along with the text, we can add the titles from the TOC to the section titles. "Madrigal III", etc.

Michael
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kazbek wrote: June 13th, 2021, 7:33 pm If we want to help listeners follow along with the text, we can add the titles from the TOC to the section titles. "Madrigal III", etc.

Michael
Yes, but I was hoping to avoid this as the numbering systems used for Michelangelo's poems are quite varied (if I remember correctly.)

We can always drop the section number if you wish. I'm not tied to the idea.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kazbek wrote: June 13th, 2021, 7:31 pm How would adding the section numbers help with this if they don't correspond to any numbering found in the text? Using poem numbers from the source in the intros instead of the first lines would have accomplished this purposes, but that train has left.

Michael
I'm assuming they would work with the section numbers and titles on the archive.org page created by LibriVox, but that assumes a lot I suppose.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

KevinS wrote: June 13th, 2021, 7:39 pm I'm assuming they would work with the section numbers and titles on the archive.org page created by LibriVox, but that assumes a lot I suppose.
I have trouble imagining how that would work. They might hear a section number and look at the list of sections to find the Italian title... but they aren't going to find either of those in the TOC of the book.

I agree that listeners could use a bit of help looking up poems in the book, and I think adding "Madrigal III", etc to the MW before the first line of the poem would help. It can be easily done, and I can do that if you like.

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

In that I'm assuming that most listeners haven't stockpiled iPod shuffles when they were discontinued, like I did, and their device will have a screen where they will be able see the title exported from the MW. Or at least that the listener who will want to consult the text will notice that the title of the track contains the piece of information they need to look up the poems in the TOC, and use a device with a screen for this exercise.

Michael
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I will eliminate the section number as an opening. I was thinking out loud and, sleeping on the matter, have decided not to complicate things. If I were to do things over again, I might consider putting the English translation first, but that can wait for another project (if it is even a good idea.)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Okay! Section 10 ready for final PL and more will come! I'm leaving the time for the first recording and then giving the time of the joint recording. The PL is made simple in this way. One just checks to see that the transition is correct and that the close is the correct outro (which is simply, 'End of poem. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain.')
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kazbek wrote: June 13th, 2021, 7:48 pm In that I'm assuming that most listeners haven't stockpiled iPod shuffles when they were discontinued, like I did, and their device will have a screen where they will be able see the title exported from the MW. Or at least that the listener who will want to consult the text will notice that the title of the track contains the piece of information they need to look up the poems in the TOC, and use a device with a screen for this exercise.

Michael
You're right. You have won me over!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thanks for the flexibility! I've added the TOC title to the MW title for section 10. If that looks ok, I'll do that for the rest of the titles.

Michael
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Sections 10 and 21-28 ready for final PL.
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Hi guys.
May I do the final Pl too?
or should be done by something anew?

Emanuela

PS: I can't wait to hear the final version
Do. Or do not. There is no try.