COMPLETE: The Younger Sister by Catherine Anne Hubback -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MakennaMarch

Post by MakennaMarch »

I would like to request section 21, please. :)
Makenna March ~*Add a little sparkle*~
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

MakennaMarch wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:52 pm Hello,

My section is all recorded. I was hoping to get clarification on whether we want room tone or silence during breaks in the recording?

My room tone is about -51Dbs, so if I silence my breaks it shouldn't be too much of a transition, if that's a concern.
It's always best to keep room tone throughout. If you put silence in instead, the recording can sound like it's being switched on and off between every sentence which as you might imagine isn't desirable. If your background is not quiet enough, you can apply a little noise reduction to the whole recording, using a bit of room tone at the beginning or end as the noise profile.

You are signed up for 21. Thanks for claiming.
Jo
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Just wanted to let you know that I feel better so I returned.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Frankely728

Post by Frankely728 »

miss stav wrote: June 4th, 2021, 11:00 pm Just wanted to let you know that I feel better so I returned.
Glad to hear you're feeling better. If my first recording (#18, vol 2, ch 7) passes muster I'm up for recording more. Can I claim a new chapter or do I wait for PL?

Thanks
Laurie
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Laurie, you can claim a new chapter. Have fun,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
MakennaMarch

Post by MakennaMarch »

It's always best to keep room tone throughout. If you put silence in instead, the recording can sound like it's being switched on and off between every sentence which as you might imagine isn't desirable. If your background is not quiet enough, you can apply a little noise reduction to the whole recording, using a bit of room tone at the beginning or end as the noise profile.

You are signed up for 21. Thanks for claiming.
So silence before and after the recording and room tone during the recording, right?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I use room tone throughout. That way if you need to use noise reduction, you have some background at either end to use to set the noise profile. When we say silence, we simply mean running the recording with the mic on without speaking. :)
Jo
MakennaMarch

Post by MakennaMarch »

Thank you for the clarification. So, empty room tone. Got it. :)
lakshmij

Post by lakshmij »

hello
This will be my first read on Librivox. I would like to read --volume 2 Chapter 11--.
regards
Lakshmij
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

lakshmij wrote: June 21st, 2021, 8:57 pm hello
This will be my first read on Librivox. I would like to read --volume 2 Chapter 11--.
regards
Lakshmij

Hello, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Volume 2 chapter 11 is all yours. Please let us know unier which name you would like to be credited in the librivox catalogue. It can be yoru real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Stav.
lakshmij

Post by lakshmij »

Thank you :D
I will keep name as Lakshmi.
regards
Lakshmij
lakshmij

Post by lakshmij »

WHY VOL 2 CHAPTER 11 IS STILL OPEN? HOW DO I GET IT TO READ?
PLZ GUIDE
REGARDS
LAKSHMIJ
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Stav must have forgotten to update the MW, Lakshmij. I've assigned section 22 to you. Please go ahead with the recording.
Jo
lakshmij

Post by lakshmij »

now i can see my name in front of vol 2 chapter 22 :) .. but i am not able to get the text to read. i entered the window by clicking on my name, it takes me to reader view, but i still dont get any clickable link to make me reach to readable text. kindy guide
regards
lakshmij
MakennaMarch

Post by MakennaMarch »