COMPLETE: Birds Vol II, No 3, September 1897 - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » August 4th, 2020, 11:34 am

PL Note for section 12:

Recording is missing "This recording is in the public domain" at the end. Otherwise, great reading as usual, Larry! :)
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

silverquill

Post by silverquill » August 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm

knotyouraveragejo wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 11:34 am
PL Note for section 12:

Recording is missing "This recording is in the public domain" at the end. Otherwise, great reading as usual, Larry! :)
Oh, I'm crazy!
So, sorry. Here you go: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdssept1897_12_various_128kb.mp3 3:10 in the MW Ready for Spot PL.
~ Larry

SpeakeasyBea

Post by SpeakeasyBea » August 7th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Section 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdssept1897_02_various_128kb.mp3
4:34

Huzzah!! First one done!
Question: how much time should be left at the beginning of the recording before audio begins? I feel like I read a couple different time requirements. Also, how much time between the intro and the main text body should there be? Thx!

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » August 7th, 2020, 4:37 pm

Congratulations on your first submitted section! Thanks for your file. There should be ~0.5 sec at the beginning of the file. Between the intro and the main text just a short pause like you would put between sentences. Our DPL, silverquill will PL your file. He will let you know if any changes are needed. :)
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » August 7th, 2020, 4:57 pm

silverquill wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 8:47 pm
knotyouraveragejo wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 11:34 am
PL Note for section 12:

Oh, I'm crazy!
So, sorry. Here you go: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdssept1897_12_various_128kb.mp3 3:10 in the MW Ready for Spot PL.
PL OK!
Jo
My Librivox Solos

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » August 9th, 2020, 12:01 pm

Thanks for your files, Kevin.
Jo
My Librivox Solos

silverquill

Post by silverquill » August 10th, 2020, 8:40 am

SpeakeasyBea wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 4:18 pm
Section 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdssept1897_02_various_128kb.mp3

Huzzah!! First one done!
Question: how much time should be left at the beginning of the recording before audio begins? I feel like I read a couple different time requirements. Also, how much time between the intro and the main text body should there be? Thx!
Congratulations! This is a very nice reading of this chapter. :)

You will need to make some changes in the silent spaces, however. You have nearly 5 seconds at the beginning, and it needs to be less than one second. The ending is fine, where we like to have about five seconds.

I would also suggest shortening the gap between your intro and the beginning of the reading. It sounds more natural to the listener if it is somewhere between 1-2 seconds. I don't actually measure this, but just judge it on what sounds natural for what I'm recording. The same is true at the end. The space between the end of the reading and your "outro" is too long. Again, around 1 to 1 1/2 seconds seems natural to me.

Just upload your modified file under the same file name and post your link and new file length here again.

Anyway, you are off to a wonderful start and I hope we'll hear a lot more of you voice and fine reading here on LibriVox!
~ Larry

silverquill

Post by silverquill » August 10th, 2020, 8:51 am

Hi, Kevin!
Section 3 is PL OK
Section 4, in the intro I hear, "Read by LibriVox.org, instead of "for." Picky, I know, but it sounded funny. :lol:
~ Larry

KevinS

Post by KevinS » August 10th, 2020, 9:02 am

silverquill wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 8:51 am
Hi, Kevin!
Section 3 is PL OK
Section 4, in the intro I hear, "Read by LibriVox.org, instead of "for." Picky, I know, but it sounded funny. :lol:
But not funny ha ha...

Correction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdssept1897_04_various_128kb.mp3 (2:20)
Drop and roll!

silverquill

Post by silverquill » August 10th, 2020, 10:28 am

PL OK. Not like I never stumble on the intro . . . .
~ Larry

KevinS

Post by KevinS » August 10th, 2020, 11:18 am

silverquill wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 10:28 am
PL OK. Not like I never stumble on the intro . . . .
I get so confused between the short and long disclaimers that I have to write them down and have them in front of me. Even then I get it wrong!
Drop and roll!

SpeakeasyBea

Post by SpeakeasyBea » August 13th, 2020, 2:54 pm

silverquill wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 8:40 am
SpeakeasyBea wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 4:18 pm
Section 2

Huzzah!! First one done!
Congratulations! This is a very nice reading of this chapter. :)

You will need to make some changes in the silent spaces, however. You have nearly 5 seconds at the beginning, and it needs to be less than one second. The ending is fine, where we like to have about five seconds.

I would also suggest shortening the gap between your intro and the beginning of the reading. It sounds more natural to the listener if it is somewhere between 1-2 seconds. I don't actually measure this, but just judge it on what sounds natural for what I'm recording. The same is true at the end. The space between the end of the reading and your "outro" is too long. Again, around 1 to 1 1/2 seconds seems natural to me.

Just upload your modified file under the same file name and post your link and new file length here again.

Anyway, you are off to a wonderful start and I hope we'll hear a lot more of you voice and fine reading here on LibriVox!

Thanks!! I'm really happy that my voice works well for the reading. It was a fun experience. :D
I've made the changes you requested and have uploaded the revised file. Sorry it took so long to make the changes. Is there any kind of notification system for posts that I can sign up for? Thanks again for checking it over!

Section 2
4:23

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » August 13th, 2020, 7:37 pm

Thanks for your edited file. Larry will spot PL it for you.

To turn on Notifications, click on your username at the top right of the forum page under the Search Box. This will open the User Control Panel. Click the tab for Board Preferences then click on Edit Notifications. You can also get to this page by clicking the Notifications to the left of your username above and then clicking on Settings in the dropdown window.

Check the boxes for the notifications you would like to receive. When you have new notifications, a red circle with a number will appear next to the Notifications link. Click the link and your notifications will be displayed as links in a dropdown box. You can also choose to be notified by email if you prefer.
Jo
My Librivox Solos

silverquill

Post by silverquill » August 14th, 2020, 2:25 pm

SpeakeasyBea wrote:
August 13th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Thanks!! I'm really happy that my voice works well for the reading. It was a fun experience. :D
I've made the changes you requested and have uploaded the revised file. Sorry it took so long to make the changes. Is there any kind of notification system for posts that I can sign up for? Thanks again for checking it over!

Section 2
4:23
So glad you enjoyed this!
And, great job on the revisions, so now PL OK

I hope we will hear from you in future issues and other LibriVox projects. :9:
~ Larry