[Grp/Juvenile] The Old Tobacco Shop by William Bowen - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
pryno64
Posts: 31
Joined: September 14th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Post by pryno64 » September 26th, 2020, 3:15 am

Lynne,
Here is chapter 18- The Society for Piratical Research


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_18_128kb.mp3

Regards.
Peter Ryan
(prynio64)

pryno64
Posts: 31
Joined: September 14th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Post by pryno64 » September 26th, 2020, 3:18 am

Chapter 18 is 24m 58s.
(one day I will remember to include the time in the same message as the upload!!)
Peter Ryan
(pryno64)

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1407
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » September 26th, 2020, 6:03 am

Lynnet wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 9:10 am
adr6090 wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 8:32 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_17_bowen_128kb.mp3 time 12:25
edit applied.
:thumbs:
Section 17 is PL OK :thumbs:

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21599
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 26th, 2020, 7:01 am

pryno64 wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 3:18 am
Chapter 18 is 24m 58s.
(one day I will remember to include the time in the same message as the upload!!)
Peter Ryan
(pryno64)
:lol: Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

Lorry
Posts: 143
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Location: Maine, USA
Contact:

Post by Lorry » September 26th, 2020, 11:04 am

Hi Lynne,

Here is chapter 16.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_16_bowen_128kb.mp3
Duration: 33:41.72

Best wishes,
Lori

njgorgen
Posts: 531
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Post by njgorgen » September 26th, 2020, 1:46 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21599
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 26th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Lorry wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 11:04 am
Hi Lynne,

Here is chapter 16.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_16_bowen_128kb.mp3
Duration: 33:41.72

Best wishes,
Lori
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1407
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » September 27th, 2020, 5:10 am

Lynnet wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 5:43 pm
njgorgen wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 5:42 pm
Here is Chap 12 - 20m24s Nancy
F - f - f - fun chap!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_12_bowen_128k.mp3
Thank you

All that stammering! You may never speak normally again Nancy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sec 12 is PL OK :thumbs:

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1407
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » September 27th, 2020, 5:50 am

pryno64 wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 3:15 am
Lynne,
Here is chapter 18- The Society for Piratical Research


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_18_128kb.mp3

Regards.
Peter Ryan
(prynio64)
The Daft Committee! Loved the voices
Section 18 is well read
PL OK

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1407
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » September 27th, 2020, 6:52 am

Lorry wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 11:04 am
Hi Lynne,

Here is chapter 16.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_16_bowen_128kb.mp3
Duration: 33:41.72

Best wishes,
Lori

Hi Lori
I realized you must have forgotten to edit this file as there were numerous repeats, stumbles, etc.
You'll also need to reduce the silence at the start to within .05-1.0 second. Not to worry - I'm sure you can "dispatch" these quickly:

13:17 There is a 4 second silence which is too long and interrupts the narrative
19:07 repeat of phrase
22:21 repeat of phrase
23:14 repeat of phrase
23:20 overly long silence
26:48 "son of a sea cock" should be "son of a sea cook"
27:50 "off rolled Mr. Hanslon head" should be "off rolled Mr. Hanlon's head"
28:08 repeat of phrase

Lorry
Posts: 143
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Location: Maine, USA
Contact:

Post by Lorry » September 27th, 2020, 10:07 am

Oh, so sorry I made so much work for you!

Here's Chapter 16 Corrected:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_16_bowen_128kb.mp3
Duration: 33:41:72

Best wishes,
Lori

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21599
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 27th, 2020, 10:10 am

Lorry wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 10:07 am
Oh, so sorry I made so much work for you!

Here's Chapter 16 Corrected:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_16_bowen_128kb.mp3
Duration: 33:41:72

Best wishes,
Lori
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

njgorgen
Posts: 531
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Post by njgorgen » September 27th, 2020, 6:00 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21599
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 27th, 2020, 6:22 pm

njgorgen wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 6:00 pm
Here is chap 15 - 17m34s Nancy

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_15_bowen_128k.mp3
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Zarah the Cruel 3 sections remaining

pryno64
Posts: 31
Joined: September 14th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Post by pryno64 » September 27th, 2020, 8:16 pm

RitaBoutros wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 5:50 am
pryno64 wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 3:15 am
Lynne,
Here is chapter 18- The Society for Piratical Research


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/oldtobaccoshop_18_128kb.mp3

Regards.
Peter Ryan
(prynio64)
The Daft Committee! Loved the voices
Section 18 is well read
PL OK

Thank You.
Peter Ryan
(pryno64)

Post Reply