[FULL][History]World's Story 12: The United States - kit

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24650
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 6th, 2020, 10:22 am

RitaBoutros wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 9:14 am
Here is corrected section 54: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_54_tappan_128kb.mp3
and thank you Rita, also now PL ok :)

Sonia

neecheelok70
Posts: 8091
Joined: April 4th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Post by neecheelok70 » August 6th, 2020, 10:23 am

Thanks. :thumbs:

Sonrisaj
Posts: 118
Joined: April 28th, 2020, 11:35 am

Post by Sonrisaj » August 6th, 2020, 1:45 pm


Sonrisaj
Posts: 118
Joined: April 28th, 2020, 11:35 am

Post by Sonrisaj » August 6th, 2020, 1:51 pm

oops! here it is a little quieter (91.5 db)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_22_tappan_128kb.mp3

15mm 11 ss

thanks, :)
Linda

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24650
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 7th, 2020, 7:25 am

Sonrisaj wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 1:51 pm
oops! here it is a little quieter (91.5 db)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_22_tappan_128kb.mp3
thank you Linda, what a wonderful adventure story. I made a bit of a research and found the synopsis on wikipedia. Looks like Jocelyn is persecuted by her initial betrothed later on. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Have_and_to_Hold

We have the book already in our catalogue: https://librivox.org/to-have-and-to-hold-by-mary-johnston/ otherwise it might have been cool to read it for LV. 8-)

I have a few small notes to edit this time:

> at 0:33-0:38: (p. 124) repetition of title and author, you can cut it out once. I see in the first version you forgot the date, but repeated it later correctly. Please cut out the first version

> at 5:35-5:44: (p. 126) repeat "the governor and the council.... [till] ....head the column" - can be cut once

> at 15:07: you forgot the end disclaimer: "End of Section 22. This recording is in the public domain"

thanks

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 7th, 2020, 5:00 pm


Sonrisaj
Posts: 118
Joined: April 28th, 2020, 11:35 am

Post by Sonrisaj » August 7th, 2020, 8:54 pm


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24650
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 8th, 2020, 8:15 am

adr6090 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 5:00 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_71_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 5:4.88
Here is one more for perusal.
how lovely, thank you April. Haha, I had to smirk at the grammar and spelling of the little girl. It wasn't so easy to read it ;) you did very well, it's perfectly PL ok.

Now I wonder what a "heddus roll" is :hmm: Some sort of hair-extensions ? Did they already have that back then ? And with cowtail hair ? :shock:

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24650
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 8th, 2020, 8:19 am

and thank you, Linda, this is now also PL ok. :)

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 8th, 2020, 2:40 pm

:thumbs:
Kitty wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 8:15 am
adr6090 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 5:00 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_71_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 5:4.88
Here is one more for perusal.
how lovely, thank you April. Haha, I had to smirk at the grammar and spelling of the little girl. It wasn't so easy to read it ;) you did very well, it's perfectly PL ok.

Now I wonder what a "heddus roll" is :hmm: Some sort of hair-extensions ? Did they already have that back then ? And with cowtail hair ? :shock:

Sonia

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18352
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » August 8th, 2020, 4:06 pm

Here is section 23, with a cosy 9:56:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_023_tappan_128kb.mp3

How interesting that you could go to any plantation and stay for as long as you wanted! :thumbs:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1281
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » August 10th, 2020, 7:20 am


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24650
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 10th, 2020, 7:40 am

Availle wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 4:06 pm
Here is section 23, with a cosy 9:56:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_023_tappan_128kb.mp3
How interesting that you could go to any plantation and stay for as long as you wanted! :thumbs:
the whole description reminds me of scenes from "Gone with the Wind" 8-) Indeed an interesting fact. I guess they were expecting news and entertainment from newcomers and guests.

Excellently narrated, thank you, Availle. All PL ok. Only careful with the filename for future sections, we have less than 100 sections, so you don't need an extra 0. I changed the name now in the folder, so all is well :)

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24650
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » August 10th, 2020, 7:40 am

:shock: quite an eventful battle ! Another excellent PL ok section, thank you as well, Rita :thumbs:

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 2473
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 13th, 2020, 3:32 pm

Here is section 27

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume12_27_tappan_128kb.mp3
with a time of 15:45, hope it pls okay, let me know please.
:D

uh oh, does not look correct so I will post it once more, apologies
April

Post Reply