Post by mleigh »

The following chapters are ready for PL:

8 Chunky on a Ship
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chunky_08_barnum_128kb.mp3
9:52

9 Chunky Falls Overboard
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chunky_09_barnum_128kb.mp3
6:43

They were most entertaining to read. Please let me know of any issues.

Thanks,

M
msmay31

Post by msmay31 »

Could I please do sections 11 and 12? Thanks.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

vivvexation wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 12:16 am May I please have chapters 3 and 4?
Yes!
These are yours to record.
Thank you.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mleigh wrote: July 6th, 2020, 9:59 am The following chapters are ready for PL:

8 Chunky on a Ship
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chunky_08_barnum_128kb.mp3
9:52

9 Chunky Falls Overboard
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chunky_09_barnum_128kb.mp3
6:43

They were most entertaining to read. Please let me know of any issues.

Thanks,

M
Thank you!
These are in the MW Ready for PL

(I may have to advertise for a DPL)
~ Larry
DickBD

Post by DickBD »

Hi

If 5,6,7 are available ... I would be happy to do them.

Thanks

Dick Bourgeois-Doyle
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

msmay31 wrote: July 6th, 2020, 10:05 am Could I please do sections 11 and 12? Thanks.
Great!
You are in for these. :)
~ Larry
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I would like to claim Sections 5, 6 and 7
Russ Bruno
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Shasta wrote: July 7th, 2020, 5:34 pm I would like to claim Sections 5, 6 and 7
Thanks so much!

We are fully subscribed :clap:

We'll be in good shape if all readers complete their chapters. :)
~ Larry
DickBD

Post by DickBD »

Hi

I guess you missed it - but I did post a claim for Sections 5,6 and 7 - a couple of days ago - that’s ok, of course, but if anyone thinks that they may not be able to find time for chapters they’ve claimed, I would be happy to pick them up.

Thanks

Dick Bourgeois-Doyle
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

DickBD wrote: July 7th, 2020, 9:12 pm Hi

I guess you missed it - but I did post a claim for Sections 5,6 and 7 - a couple of days ago - that’s ok, of course, but if anyone thinks that they may not be able to find time for chapters they’ve claimed, I would be happy to pick them up.

Thanks

Dick Bourgeois-Doyle
Ah! I did miss it, I'm so sorry. We try to honor claims in the order they come in, so if you want them, I will certainly give them to you.
But, if you're sure your OK, I'll leave them as is. You can stay tuned to see if we have any orphans.

There will be another in this series soon -- unless either of the two people who were interested in doing it solo grab it first.
But I usually have at least one children's book going.

I have several orphan chapters in Chinook the Cinnamon Cub, if you would like to help us finish that one.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79480
~ Larry
DickBD

Post by DickBD »

Thanks for the reply and yes no problem ... leave as is.

I am going to claim the remaining chapters for Chinook ..

Cheers

Dick Bourgeois-Doyle ...

(I was told recently by a well known actor and acting coach that when you read children's literature you are more
conscious of the need to explain, stress important words, and maintain an appropriate speed ... and it is thus a good exercise ... and thus my interest)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

DickBD wrote: July 8th, 2020, 5:28 am Thanks for the reply and yes no problem ... leave as is.

I am going to claim the remaining chapters for Chinook ..

Cheers

Dick Bourgeois-Doyle ...

(I was told recently by a well known actor and acting coach that when you read children's literature you are more
conscious of the need to explain, stress important words, and maintain an appropriate speed ... and it is thus a good exercise ... and thus my interest)
Sounds reasonable to me!
Thanks for joining the LibriVox family.

I have read a wide variety of material here on LV, and each has its own challenges. Some of the archaic language and constructions twist the tongue and ability to pace.
~ Larry
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I don't make it a habit to cut in line and now see that I inadvertently did so when I asked to claim Chapter 4, 5 and 6. I don't ordinarily look at recent prior posts to see if the chapters I'm interested in have already been claimed. Now I will make that more of a habit. Anyway, to make a long story shorter, I would like to offer 4, 5 and 6 to D BD in exchange for the 3 chapters you have assigned to him in the other childrens' book. Thus, he will get what he wanted in the first place and I will get to record some chapters in a different childrens' book (I like reading childrens' books). I will wait a few days and watch My LV catalog to see if that offer has been acted upon. Let's say until noon on July 11.
Russ Bruno
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Shasta wrote: July 8th, 2020, 3:03 pm I don't make it a habit to cut in line and now see that I inadvertently did so when I asked to claim Chapter 4, 5 and 6. I don't ordinarily look at recent prior posts to see if the chapters I'm interested in have already been claimed. Now I will make that more of a habit. Anyway, to make a long story shorter, I would like to offer 4, 5 and 6 to D BD in exchange for the 3 chapters you have assigned to him in the other childrens' book. Thus, he will get what he wanted in the first place and I will get to record some chapters in a different childrens' book (I like reading childrens' books). I will wait a few days and watch My LV catalog to see if that offer has been acted upon. Let's say until noon on July 11.
I appreciate that, Russ. It wasn't your fault at all - all mine for not seeing the previous request.
I think it best to leave it as it is now. The other reader as perfectly fine with the assignments, so if you'll both give me grace, I think we're all fine.

As I said, there will be at least one other volume in this series, and I have another new Puss In Boots, Jr. that just launched, an we'd be glad to have you read something for it as well. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81227

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapter 10, Chunky in the Circus, has been uploaded and is ready for review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/chunky_10_barnum_128kb.mp3
12:42

Thanks,

M