[SS-GHOST STORIES]The Room in the Tower, by E.F. Benson - icequeen

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
DeBug
Posts: 18
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 1:28 pm

Post by DeBug » July 23rd, 2020, 1:01 pm

Submitting Section 10 - The Bus-Conductor

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roominthetower_10_benson_128kb.mp3

19:26

I had done a few of the poems which were nice and short so this was my first long (well long for me) attempt. I learned so much! While this one took quite a bit of time for a 19-minute file, I think my next one will be so much easier.

Kind regards,

DeBug
I’m here for the blanket fort.
CC is very welcome. Please do make suggestions or recommend exercises to help me improve. Thank you!

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23780
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 23rd, 2020, 8:04 pm

DeBug wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 1:01 pm
Submitting Section 10 - The Bus-Conductor

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roominthetower_10_benson_128kb.mp3

19:26

I had done a few of the poems which were nice and short so this was my first long (well long for me) attempt. I learned so much! While this one took quite a bit of time for a 19-minute file, I think my next one will be so much easier.

Kind regards,

DeBug
It is always easier once you know what to expect. What comes out in the end is not what it starts with, that is for sure! Thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23780
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 23rd, 2020, 9:18 pm

Section 15 needs a couple of edits.

18:52-:53 a stumble
18:57-19:13 this sentence was replaced after, this part needs to be cut out.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

NoelVox
Posts: 28
Joined: July 13th, 2020, 2:52 pm

Post by NoelVox » July 23rd, 2020, 10:51 pm

Thanks, Ann - I've made the edits here - now 22 minutes:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roominthetower_15_benson_128kb.mp3

This one was a challenge- I can appreciate why folks suggest starting with shorter reads! :)

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23780
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 24th, 2020, 8:44 pm

NoelVox wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 10:51 pm
Thanks, Ann - I've made the edits here - now 22 minutes:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roominthetower_15_benson_128kb.mp3

This one was a challenge- I can appreciate why folks suggest starting with shorter reads! :)
Now section 15 is PL OK! Thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Andrewjames
Posts: 69
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 1:00 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by Andrewjames » July 26th, 2020, 2:09 am


icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23780
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 26th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Andrewjames wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 2:09 am
the cat section 9
33:04


https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/roominthetower_09_benson_128kb.mp3

Thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23780
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 27th, 2020, 8:30 pm

Section 7 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23780
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 28th, 2020, 9:23 pm

Section 10 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23780
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 30th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Section 9 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

susheel02
Posts: 6
Joined: April 22nd, 2020, 10:56 am

Post by susheel02 » Yesterday, 12:56 am

Hi! Just to let icequeen know that I've done a few different takes (section 17), but didn't feel that they were ok. I should have the whole thing done this weekend - starting fresh.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 23780
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » Yesterday, 1:28 pm

susheel02 wrote:
Yesterday, 12:56 am
Hi! Just to let icequeen know that I've done a few different takes (section 17), but didn't feel that they were ok. I should have the whole thing done this weekend - starting fresh.
Great! Thanks for letting me know!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shruti612
Posts: 32
Joined: June 2nd, 2020, 1:24 am
Location: Lucknow, India

Post by Shruti612 » Today, 12:17 am

This is just an update.
Usually it takes me about one or two weeks at most to finish a recording but this time it's been really late, almost a month! So sorry for the delay. I will try my best to upload my section by the end of this week. Please bear with me

Post Reply