[GROUP]The Wrong of Slavery by Robert Dale Owen-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
mborden
Posts: 11
Joined: July 7th, 2020, 3:59 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Post by mborden » October 24th, 2020, 3:14 pm

Here is section 10 for PL,
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thewrongofslavery_10_owen_128kb.mp3 Length: 11:19
Regards,
Matt/PlantDoc

mborden
Posts: 11
Joined: July 7th, 2020, 3:59 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Post by mborden » October 27th, 2020, 5:22 am

I can take section 3 as well since it's still open. My section 10 is waiting for PL.
Thanks,
Matt/PlantDoc

progressingamerica wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 1:24 pm
mborden wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 8:31 am
Looks like there is one last section open - so I'd like to claim section 10 please.
Section 10 has been assigned. Thank you.

So its said, section 3 is still available for anybody.

Omarius
Posts: 10
Joined: May 23rd, 2020, 5:14 pm

Post by Omarius » October 27th, 2020, 5:57 am

Hi - could I please claim Section 3 (Part 1, chapter 2: Enslavement of Indians)?

mleigh
Posts: 359
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » October 29th, 2020, 8:39 am

mborden wrote:
October 27th, 2020, 5:22 am
I can take section 3 as well since it's still open. My section 10 is waiting for PL.
Thanks,
Matt/PlantDoc

progressingamerica wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 1:24 pm
mborden wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 8:31 am
Looks like there is one last section open - so I'd like to claim section 10 please.
Section 10 has been assigned. Thank you.

So its said, section 3 is still available for anybody.
Just one stumble around 2:23 in "from Rhode Island". Otherwise, everything is good.

Thanks,

M

mleigh
Posts: 359
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » October 29th, 2020, 8:55 am

ruthema wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 3:19 pm
Hey, sorry I've been away for a while. I will try to record part 2 chapter 3 as soon as I can.

I reuploaded section 13 addressing the previous PL notes before - is that now PL okay, or are there other errors that need to be addressed?
Sorry for not noticing this until today - but Section 13 is PL Okay.

Thanks,

M

mleigh
Posts: 359
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » October 29th, 2020, 9:14 am

Kalamareader wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 3:46 pm
progressingamerica wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 12:51 pm
Kalamareader wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 11:57 am
Hi there,

May I claim Section 22 please? :)

Thanks,

Wayne


Assignment is in. Thanks!
Hi again,

Here is section 22:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thewrongofslavery_22_owen_128kb.mp3

Time: 6:18

Wayne

Note: In one of the footnotes in this Chapter he says: "Canada is full of men and women who in the first half of their lives were witnesses and sufferers of such indignities and wrongs as would burn into most white men's souls and make them pass the last half in plotting vengeance. Not so these people."

If anyone is interested in listening to the history he is referring to, you can go to "Short Non-Fiction Collection No. 76 and listen to a recording I made of a first hand recounting of the cruel treatments of the Acadians in Canada in the mid-1700's: "Acadian Reminiscences: The True Story of Evangeline"

Section 22 is PL Okay. I'll have to go look up that recording you mentioned as I have been finding it most interesting to see how perceptions have changed over time.

Nice job.

Thanks,

M

MarBoy
Posts: 18
Joined: July 24th, 2020, 10:09 am

Post by MarBoy » October 30th, 2020, 9:31 am

Hello,

If you still need the help, I would be willing to help you out for the French reading and recording of the two phrases in question:

1)
Dans tous ces traités, pas une disposition, pas une syllabe destinée à défendre ces malheureux contre les abus et les souffrances.

2)
Au dix-septième et au dix-huitième siècle, l'Europe entière se livre ouvertement à la traite des noirs.

I looked at the excerpts in the book, and made some grammatical corrections because they were written differently in the Help Wanted Forum.

Please let me know if you would like me to record this for you.

Thank you. :D

progressingamerica
Posts: 254
Joined: November 29th, 2010, 3:50 pm
Contact:

Post by progressingamerica » October 31st, 2020, 9:38 am

mborden wrote:
October 27th, 2020, 5:22 am
I can take section 3 as well since it's still open. My section 10 is waiting for PL.
Thanks,
Matt/PlantDoc
Section assigned, thanks

progressingamerica
Posts: 254
Joined: November 29th, 2010, 3:50 pm
Contact:

Post by progressingamerica » October 31st, 2020, 9:39 am

Omarius wrote:
October 27th, 2020, 5:57 am
Hi - could I please claim Section 3 (Part 1, chapter 2: Enslavement of Indians)?
Hello,

That section was requested shortly before, thank you for your interest in this work.

progressingamerica
Posts: 254
Joined: November 29th, 2010, 3:50 pm
Contact:

Post by progressingamerica » October 31st, 2020, 9:45 am

MarBoy wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 9:31 am
Hello,

If you still need the help, I would be willing to help you out for the French reading and recording of the two phrases in question:

1)
Dans tous ces traités, pas une disposition, pas une syllabe destinée à défendre ces malheureux contre les abus et les souffrances.

2)
Au dix-septième et au dix-huitième siècle, l'Europe entière se livre ouvertement à la traite des noirs.

I looked at the excerpts in the book, and made some grammatical corrections because they were written differently in the Help Wanted Forum.

Please let me know if you would like me to record this for you.

Thank you. :D
Thank you for following up. This was completed several weeks ago.

mborden
Posts: 11
Joined: July 7th, 2020, 3:59 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Post by mborden » November 3rd, 2020, 3:19 pm

Thanks! Corrected the stumbles and reuploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thewrongofslavery_10_owen_128kb.mp3 11:18.19

Regards,
Matt
mleigh wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 8:39 am
mborden wrote:
October 27th, 2020, 5:22 am
I can take section 3 as well since it's still open. My section 10 is waiting for PL.
Thanks,
Matt/PlantDoc

progressingamerica wrote:
October 19th, 2020, 1:24 pm


Section 10 has been assigned. Thank you.

So its said, section 3 is still available for anybody.
Just one stumble around 2:23 in "from Rhode Island". Otherwise, everything is good.

Thanks,

M

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6757
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » November 7th, 2020, 10:47 am

I just noticed that this is now fully subscribed! :clap: So we're in Readers Found now. :thumbs:

mborden
Posts: 11
Joined: July 7th, 2020, 3:59 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Post by mborden » November 12th, 2020, 4:15 pm

Here is section 3 for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thewrongofslavery_3_owen_128kb.mp3 Time 10:48:83

Also, I'm new to navigating the forum format but not sure if my repost of section 10 with corrections got a PL. I haven't seen an update in a while. https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thewrongofslavery_10_owen_128kb.mp3 11:18.19

Cheers,
Matt/PlantDoc

mleigh
Posts: 359
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » November 17th, 2020, 4:27 pm

mborden wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 4:15 pm
Here is section 3 for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thewrongofslavery_3_owen_128kb.mp3 Time 10:48:83

Also, I'm new to navigating the forum format but not sure if my repost of section 10 with corrections got a PL. I haven't seen an update in a while. https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thewrongofslavery_10_owen_128kb.mp3 11:18.19

Cheers,
Matt/PlantDoc
Sorry I missed your correction. I'll get them both listened to this evening.

M

mleigh
Posts: 359
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » November 17th, 2020, 6:12 pm

Section 10 is now PL okay. Nice job.

Section 3 has a small correction needed. Text should be "in the month of October, 1500, that Francis de Bovadilla" at around 43 seconds in. You have "in the middle of October, 1500, that Francis de Bodavilla".

Other than that, it is very well done.

Thanks,

M

Post Reply