(Complete) Short Story Collection 090 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19770
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 23rd, 2020, 8:06 am

Grothmann wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:53 pm
Hi:

Something topical


The Day of the Poll
BYLord Dunsany

Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 8:27

Audio at--
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_dayofthepoll_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at--
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/57277/57277-h/57277-h.htm

Thanks
(An for the most part, I agree with him...)

Dale
Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19770
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 23rd, 2020, 8:09 am

soupy wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 5:06 am
The Jutlander and His Stockings by Anonymous from Danish Folk Tales

https://archive.org/details/danishfolktales00buddgoog/page/n205/mode/1up

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_jutlander_cc_128kb.mp3

1:45

Craig
Thank you

TypicalJax
Posts: 2
Joined: May 19th, 2020, 7:51 pm

Post by TypicalJax » June 23rd, 2020, 8:39 am

The Vampire Maid By Hume Nisbet (1849-1923)
Upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_vampiremaid_jv_128kb.mp3
Text link: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0602481.txt
Length: 15:28
If it is your first submission, how you would like to appear in the catalog: TypicalJax

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19770
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 23rd, 2020, 8:48 am

TypicalJax wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 8:39 am
The Vampire Maid By Hume Nisbet (1849-1923)
Upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_vampiremaid_jv_128kb.mp3
Text link: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0602481.txt
Length: 15:28
If it is your first submission, how you would like to appear in the catalog: TypicalJax
Thank you. Cheryl will listen soon and give you feedback.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19770
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 23rd, 2020, 8:57 am

Lynnet wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 8:48 am
TypicalJax wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 8:39 am
The Vampire Maid By Hume Nisbet (1849-1923)
Upload link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_vampiremaid_jv_128kb.mp3
Text link: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0602481.txt
Length: 15:28
If it is your first submission, how you would like to appear in the catalog: TypicalJax
Thank you. Cheryl will listen soon and give you feedback.
I just ran the technical specs test and it was generally OK, but outside the acceptable volume range. It needs to be reduced by about 3dB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw (amplify by -3)
The file also needs to be in mono https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ-Nq-os2YI

I suggest waiting until Cheryl has proof listened, in case there are other edits, then please re-upload using the same file name.

cherylstewart
Posts: 2077
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 23rd, 2020, 10:18 am

Section 4 "The Day of the Poll" PL OK
Cheryl

cherylstewart
Posts: 2077
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 23rd, 2020, 10:19 am

Section 5 " The Jutlander" PL OK
Cheryl

cherylstewart
Posts: 2077
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 23rd, 2020, 10:20 am

Section 6 "The Vampire Maid" is PL OK except for the things Lynne mentioned above.
Very nice first recording :thumbs:
Cheryl

JachinandBoaz
Posts: 139
Joined: May 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm

Post by JachinandBoaz » June 23rd, 2020, 11:40 am

Good afternoon -

I just uploaded this story:

Title: The Love of Clotilde by Armando Palacio Valdés (1853-1938)
Text URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/15610/15610-h/15610-h.htm#THE_LOVE_OF_CLOTILDE
Duration: 33:38
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_loveclotilde_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19770
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 23rd, 2020, 1:52 pm

JachinandBoaz wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 11:40 am
Good afternoon -

I just uploaded this story:

Title: The Love of Clotilde by Armando Palacio Valdés (1853-1938)
Text URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/15610/15610-h/15610-h.htm#THE_LOVE_OF_CLOTILDE
Duration: 33:38
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_loveclotilde_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel
Thank you

soupy
Posts: 3841
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 4:04 pm
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
Contact:

Post by soupy » June 23rd, 2020, 3:19 pm

Thanks for listening Cheryl :thumbs:

Craig
To murder in cold blood all joy in life for him who has no money is a dreadful thing and that is what the moneyed man does.

Help us finish
The Spirit of the Age.


My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

JachinandBoaz
Posts: 139
Joined: May 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm

Post by JachinandBoaz » June 23rd, 2020, 4:26 pm

Good evening -

I just uploaded the following story, but was unable to find any biographical information on the author:

Title: An American Wake by Rose A. Crow
Text URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/39957/39957-h/39957-h.htm#american
Duration: 5:02
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_americanwake_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19770
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 23rd, 2020, 4:37 pm

JachinandBoaz wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 4:26 pm
Good evening -

I just uploaded the following story, but was unable to find any biographical information on the author:

Title: An American Wake by Rose A. Crow
Text URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/39957/39957-h/39957-h.htm#american
Duration: 5:02
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_americanwake_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel
Thank you

JachinandBoaz
Posts: 139
Joined: May 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm

Post by JachinandBoaz » June 23rd, 2020, 5:21 pm

Good evening -

I just uploaded this story:

Title: The City by Lord Dunsany (1878-1957)
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/7838/pg7838-images.html
Duration: 02:19
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_city_dunsany_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19770
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 23rd, 2020, 7:23 pm

JachinandBoaz wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 5:21 pm
Good evening -

I just uploaded this story:

Title: The City by Lord Dunsany (1878-1957)
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/7838/pg7838-images.html
Duration: 02:19
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss090_city_dunsany_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel
Thanks

Post Reply