[COMPLETE] The Rover by Joseph Conrad - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cmiller27

Post by cmiller27 »

Hi, happy to read section 13 please, if still available.
Courtney Miller
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Awesome, thank you for claiming! :D Section 13 is all yours
Kathrine
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

I can be your DPL
cmiller27

Post by cmiller27 »

Courtney Miller
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 10th, 2020, 9:30 am I can be your DPL
Thank you for offering! I was planning to DPL this one myself, and am looking forward to it :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

cmiller27 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 12:03 pm Section 13 (16:54)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/rover_13_conrad_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Again, Courtney, thank you for section 13! I have started listening, and I wanted to touch base before I continue proof-listening. You have a very pleasant and articulate reading voice! :thumbs:

Your section is of acceptable quality, but I remember listening to your test (and have since listened to some of your section for the personal analytical psychology-project), both of which are really good.

There are two things going on in the recording for The Rover. First, I am hearing plosives. This is when the breath "hits" the microphone, creating an airy or popping sound. (For example from the beginning of chapter 13 here: "chapter THIrteen of the rover. this is a liBRivox recording. all liBRivox recordings..." The only way to fix plosives is to adjust the microphone (normally to the side or below the mouth) and record again.

The second thing is "clipping." This is when the blue squiggly lines in the Audacity window hit top/bottom, and it creates distortion of the sound of the voice. If you zoom in around 12:55-13:00, for instance, you'll hear it. Clipping can be created if we record with an input volume that is too high, or we can cause clipping if we amplify a recording and check the box Allow clipping in Audacity. If it happened during editing and you have a raw file, you could use that to edit this section again.

I am happy to prooflisten this section the way it is and put it in this project; in other words, it is not impossible to listen to, by any means. However, not knowing you personally AND knowing that your other recordings don't have these issues, I thought I'd tell you upfront, so you can choose to use this recording (in which case I'll finish prooflistening) or record again to fix the plosives and clipping (in which case I'll wait for that before I prooflisten).
Kathrine
cmiller27

Post by cmiller27 »

kathrinee wrote: July 16th, 2020, 6:15 pm Again, Courtney, thank you for section 13! I have started listening, and I wanted to touch base before I continue proof-listening. You have a very pleasant and articulate reading voice! :thumbs:

Your section is of acceptable quality, but I remember listening to your test (and have since listened to some of your section for the personal analytical psychology-project), both of which are really good.

There are two things going on in the recording for The Rover. First, I am hearing plosives. This is when the breath "hits" the microphone, creating an airy or popping sound. (For example from the beginning of chapter 13 here: "chapter THIrteen of the rover. this is a liBRivox recording. all liBRivox recordings..." The only way to fix plosives is to adjust the microphone (normally to the side or below the mouth) and record again.

The second thing is "clipping." This is when the blue squiggly lines in the Audacity window hit top/bottom, and it creates distortion of the sound of the voice. If you zoom in around 12:55-13:00, for instance, you'll hear it. Clipping can be created if we record with an input volume that is too high, or we can cause clipping if we amplify a recording and check the box Allow clipping in Audacity. If it happened during editing and you have a raw file, you could use that to edit this section again.

I am happy to prooflisten this section the way it is and put it in this project; in other words, it is not impossible to listen to, by any means. However, not knowing you personally AND knowing that your other recordings don't have these issues, I thought I'd tell you upfront, so you can choose to use this recording (in which case I'll finish prooflistening) or record again to fix the plosives and clipping (in which case I'll wait for that before I prooflisten).
Hmm let me try playing with the microphone and re-recording... thanks!
Courtney Miller
cmiller27

Post by cmiller27 »

Courtney Miller
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you!
Kathrine
jac18281828

Post by jac18281828 »

I can take chapter VII.

Thanks,
John
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you, John, chapter 7 is all yours :9:
Kathrine
TheodenHumphrey

Post by TheodenHumphrey »

PIRATEY STUFF! I'd like Chapter 8, please!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

TheodenHumphrey wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 10:15 am PIRATEY STUFF! I'd like Chapter 8, please!
Thanks for claiming :thumbs: -- enjoy!
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 13 is PL OK! Thank you, Courtney, it sounds really good :clap:
Kathrine