[LANGUAGE] Stories That Words Tell Us by Elizabeth O'Neill-Leni

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
RuthP
Posts: 182
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 7:54 am

Post by RuthP » July 4th, 2020, 6:10 am

the length is now 35.14

Kazbek
Posts: 1204
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » July 4th, 2020, 6:14 am

RuthP wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 6:10 am
the length is now 35.14
Thanks!

Michael

Kudrna
Posts: 268
Joined: April 26th, 2019, 11:02 am
Location: Czechia

Post by Kudrna » July 4th, 2020, 11:42 am

RuthP wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 5:07 am
Corrected version of chapter 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_16_oneill_128kb.mp3

sorry the corrections have not been as 'neatly' pasted in as they should be.
Thanks, Ruth! I think it's ok as it is; sometimes it feels like I'd have to spend my whole life on editing to make it as neat as I'd like it to be :lol:
Kudrna

maxgal
Posts: 571
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » July 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Just to say...
I was distracted by silly stuff for about 3 weeks! :evil:
I'll be posting "Animals" and "Nasty" within a few days.
...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Kazbek
Posts: 1204
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » July 15th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Great! Thanks for the note.

Michael

Kazbek
Posts: 1204
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » July 18th, 2020, 5:35 pm

Section 2 has been orphaned. Any takers?

Michael

maxgal
Posts: 571
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » July 20th, 2020, 4:00 pm

Here is section 18, Nice for Nasty: :twisted:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_18_128kb.mp3

Duration 14:18

N.B.:
At about 2:16, I tried my abject best to pronounce "euphemeite"; couldn't find an authoritative pronunciation, so....

N.B. also:
At about 11:43, I hideously mangled the French pronunciation of "embonpoint"; I have no excuse. :roll:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Kazbek
Posts: 1204
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » July 20th, 2020, 4:39 pm

maxgal wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 4:00 pm
Here is section 18, Nice for Nasty: :twisted:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_18_128kb.mp3

Duration 14:18

N.B.:
At about 2:16, I tried my abject best to pronounce "euphemeite"; couldn't find an authoritative pronunciation, so....

N.B. also:
At about 11:43, I hideously mangled the French pronunciation of "embonpoint"; I have no excuse. :roll:
Thank you, Maxgal!

The file name is missing the author's name: storiesthatwordstellus_18_oneill_128kb.mp3. Our MC can fix that during cataloging, but if you need to upload a new version for another reason, please use the correct name.

Michael

maxgal
Posts: 571
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » July 20th, 2020, 5:06 pm

Kazbek wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 4:39 pm
maxgal wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 4:00 pm
Here is section 18, Nice for Nasty: :twisted:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_18_128kb.mp3

Duration 14:18

N.B.:
At about 2:16, I tried my abject best to pronounce "euphemeite"; couldn't find an authoritative pronunciation, so....

N.B. also:
At about 11:43, I hideously mangled the French pronunciation of "embonpoint"; I have no excuse. :roll:
Thank you, Maxgal!

The file name is missing the author's name: storiesthatwordstellus_18_oneill_128kb.mp3. Our MC can fix that during cataloging, but if you need to upload a new version for another reason, please use the correct name.

Michael

Ah.
I totally missed that in the instructions, sorry. :oops:
I'll do it right for the Animals section.
...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Kudrna
Posts: 268
Joined: April 26th, 2019, 11:02 am
Location: Czechia

Post by Kudrna » July 22nd, 2020, 12:18 am

maxgal wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 4:00 pm
Here is section 18, Nice for Nasty: :twisted:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_18_128kb.mp3

Duration 14:18

N.B.:
At about 2:16, I tried my abject best to pronounce "euphemeite"; couldn't find an authoritative pronunciation, so....

N.B. also:
At about 11:43, I hideously mangled the French pronunciation of "embonpoint"; I have no excuse. :roll:
Hi Maxgal,
I'd say you're too severe with yourself :D You have a nice voice and both of the spots you mentioned are completely OK, just as the whole section :thumbs:
Kudrna

quasimoir
Posts: 91
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 7:33 am

Post by quasimoir » July 22nd, 2020, 10:10 am

Hello Michael, and hi Kudrna:

I hope all's well with you both.

Here's the link to my recording of Chapter 19: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_19_oneill_128kb.mp3

Track Length: 13:36.

Just in the nick of time, really. I'm glad I didn't go past the two-month deadline!

Should you find a thing or two askew, do let me know; I'll fix it - or them - as soon as with it you're through! :D

Always,
Garfield

maxgal
Posts: 571
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » July 22nd, 2020, 10:13 am

Kudrna wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 12:18 am
maxgal wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 4:00 pm
Here is section 18, Nice for Nasty: :twisted:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_18_128kb.mp3

Duration 14:18

N.B.:
At about 2:16, I tried my abject best to pronounce "euphemeite"; couldn't find an authoritative pronunciation, so....

N.B. also:
At about 11:43, I hideously mangled the French pronunciation of "embonpoint"; I have no excuse. :roll:
Hi Maxgal,
I'd say you're too severe with yourself :D You have a nice voice and both of the spots you mentioned are completely OK, just as the whole section :thumbs:

:9:
O BTW... Section 9 is coming soon.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

quasimoir
Posts: 91
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 7:33 am

Post by quasimoir » July 22nd, 2020, 11:58 am

Kazbek wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 5:35 pm
Section 2 has been orphaned. Any takers?

Michael
May I take it up, Michael? I'm done with Section 19 - for now, at least. Do let me know, and I'll start work on that.

Always,
Garfield

Kazbek
Posts: 1204
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » July 22nd, 2020, 2:41 pm

quasimoir wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 11:58 am
Kazbek wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 5:35 pm
Section 2 has been orphaned. Any takers?

Michael
May I take it up, Michael? I'm done with Section 19 - for now, at least. Do let me know, and I'll start work on that.

Always,
Garfield
Thanks, Garfield! Since the project is nearing completion, quick turnaround would be particularly appreciated, and thank you for submitting section 19 ahead of the deadline! :)

Michael

quasimoir
Posts: 91
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 7:33 am

Post by quasimoir » July 22nd, 2020, 10:21 pm

Kazbek wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 2:41 pm

Thanks, Garfield! Since the project is nearing completion, quick turnaround would be particularly appreciated, and thank you for submitting section 19 ahead of the deadline! :)

Michael
Many thanks, Michael! I'll try my best to turn it around and shimmy it in as soon as possible! 8-)

Always,
Garfield

Post Reply