[GROUP-CHILDREN] A Little Girl in Old New York by Amanda Minnie Douglas - icequeen

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » October 30th, 2020, 12:04 pm

KatieChen wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 8:51 am
Ann,

Chapter 5 is completed. Recording time is 27 minutes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/LittleGirlFromOldNewYorkChapter5-KC.mp3

Katie

Thank you Katie!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » October 30th, 2020, 12:16 pm

And chapter 10 has been claimed via PM by ritzee44! Thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » November 1st, 2020, 11:01 pm

Chapter 5 needs a couple of quick fixes. Great job on recording!

The volume is a little bit low, it is 85.8 dB, and we need it to be around 89 dB. But, I think that it would be better to run the file through the Compression effect, just because the volume level is not consistent through the whole recording, which I think is what you were talking about in your PM. Compression will bring up the low peaks, and lower the higher peaks, to give a little bit more even volume. The best way to have a more even volume level is to record the whole chapter in one sitting. The first half of the recording is great as far as the volume, but it goes down a bit on the next recording session, then goes down more after that.

At 27:10-:14, you have the outro for the final chapter of the book, "End of A Little Girl in Old New York, by Amanda Minnie Douglas." Since this is chapter 5, that bit needs to be edited out.

Please use the correct file name when you upload again, littlegirlinoldnewyork_05_douglas_128kb.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

KatieChen
Posts: 11
Joined: August 9th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Post by KatieChen » November 2nd, 2020, 8:02 pm

Thank you for your feedback. Will work on the fixes tomorrow. --Kaite

KatieChen
Posts: 11
Joined: August 9th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Post by KatieChen » November 2nd, 2020, 9:48 pm

I removed the end of the book line, used the noise reduction and the compression. The result seems to be better, the sound volume level have become more balanced all the way through. The mp3 file now has volume of 93.3, and I hope this is acceptable.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_05_douglas_128kb.mp3

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » November 3rd, 2020, 4:36 pm

KatieChen wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 9:48 pm
I removed the end of the book line, used the noise reduction and the compression. The result seems to be better, the sound volume level have become more balanced all the way through. The mp3 file now has volume of 93.3, and I hope this is acceptable.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_05_douglas_128kb.mp3

Now the volume is too high, we need it to be below 92 dB. Could you try one more time? All you need to do is to de-amplify by -3 dB, then it will be perfect!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

KatieChen
Posts: 11
Joined: August 9th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Post by KatieChen » November 4th, 2020, 4:21 pm

The volume is decreased to 90.3 and the file is uploaded again. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_05_douglas_128kb.mp3

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » November 4th, 2020, 9:10 pm

KatieChen wrote:
November 4th, 2020, 4:21 pm
The volume is decreased to 90.3 and the file is uploaded again. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_05_douglas_128kb.mp3

Now everything is great! PL OK! Thanks Katie!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Laveena27
Posts: 44
Joined: July 9th, 2020, 6:04 am

Post by Laveena27 » November 15th, 2020, 2:28 am

Section 12
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_12_douglas_128kb.mp3
Time duration- 27:23

This is my first recording so please let me know how can I improve it.
Also sorry for giving it so late.

Laveena

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » November 15th, 2020, 2:53 pm

Laveena27 wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 2:28 am
Section 12
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/littlegirlinoldnewyork_12_douglas_128kb.mp3
Time duration- 27:23

This is my first recording so please let me know how can I improve it.
Also sorry for giving it so late.

Laveena
You are not late, you're right on time! Thank you, I will let you know as soon as I can!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » November 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Chapter 12 needs just one fix.

The beginning silence is a little bit too long. It is currently about 2.5 seconds, if you could cut off about 2 seconds of it, that would be great.

The little bit of advice I can give is regarding your volume. It is currently at 87 dB, which is fine because it is close enough to the 89 dB we would like to have. But, I would not go lower than that, then you will start running into problems. Otherwise, you did a great job on your first recording!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Laveena27
Posts: 44
Joined: July 9th, 2020, 6:04 am

Post by Laveena27 » November 16th, 2020, 1:15 am

icequeen wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm
The little bit of advice I can give is regarding your volume. It is currently at 87 dB, which is fine because it is close enough to the 89 dB we would like to have. But, I would not go lower than that, then you will start running into problems. Otherwise, you did a great job on your first recording!
Thank you. I will keep that in mind for my next recording. I have now made the correction.
Could you please change my catalogue page name from laveena to RedLily. Sorry for the inconvenience.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » November 16th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Laveena27 wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 1:15 am
icequeen wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm
The little bit of advice I can give is regarding your volume. It is currently at 87 dB, which is fine because it is close enough to the 89 dB we would like to have. But, I would not go lower than that, then you will start running into problems. Otherwise, you did a great job on your first recording!
Thank you. I will keep that in mind for my next recording. I have now made the correction.
Could you please change my catalogue page name from laveena to RedLily. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Of course! No inconvenience at all!

Now chapter 12 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Laveena27
Posts: 44
Joined: July 9th, 2020, 6:04 am

Post by Laveena27 » November 16th, 2020, 7:13 pm

Thank you :)

Post Reply