[Essays] Unicorns by James Huneker - rap

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
bookwarm

Post by bookwarm » May 31st, 2020, 4:53 pm

miss stav wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 11:50 am
Huge thanks, Joe. I hope you enjoyed it. Would you like to continue with 22?
My pleasure, Stav. I'll leave 22 to someone else, though; still like a kid in a candy store - I want a bit of everything. :lol:

miss stav

Post by miss stav » May 31st, 2020, 7:00 pm

Hotgirlsinger wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 4:36 pm
Happy to record Chapter 6: George Sand (after some pronunciation research for accuracy)
Nancy
P.S. Newbie - still trying to figure out how to post recordings of previous items...
Help appreciated. Can't find to whom it should be addressed for Princess & the Pea, HC Anderson

Hello Nancy,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapter 6 is all yours. However, before you start, please summit a one- minute sampal recording, to make sure that your tecnical settings are all correct. let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the librivox catalogue. It can be under your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choole. Please let us know if you have a personal url which you would like to link to your name. If you have any questions, please ask.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » June 1st, 2020, 12:40 am

Hotgirlsinger wrote:
P.S. Newbie - still trying to figure out how to post recordings of previous items...
Help appreciated. Can't find to whom it should be addressed for Princess & the Pea, HC Anderson
Welcome to Librivox!
Is this for another project? Each project thread has all the information you need in the first post of the thread. Under the link to the uploader it states who the MC is for the project, so you choose the MC folder to upload. But make sure you claim a section before you record, as you have done here, because the section may be claimed by someone else in the meantime, if you haven't.
Come read female poets for October's Poetry Collection

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » June 2nd, 2020, 12:31 am

I listened to section 17 and it is PL OK! Nicely read!

bookwarm

Post by bookwarm » June 2nd, 2020, 8:46 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 12:31 am
I listened to section 17 and it is PL OK! Nicely read!
Thanks for your time, Rapunzelina. :thumbs:

Hotgirlsinger

Post by Hotgirlsinger » June 5th, 2020, 12:38 pm

miss stav wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:00 pm
Hotgirlsinger wrote:
Happy to record Chapter 6: George Sand (after some pronunciation research for accuracy)
Nancy

Hello Nancy,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapter 6 is all yours. However, before you start, please summit a one- minute sampal recording, to make sure that your tecnical settings are all correct. let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the librivox catalogue. It can be under your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choole. Please let us know if you have a personal url which you would like to link to your name. If you have any questions, please ask.
Stav.
I AM SOOOO CONFUSED!
I would like to submit the HC Anderson story for sound test analysis, but am so confused about how and where to submit it! I am anxious to get started on Unicorns, but want to check sound as suggested. HOW DO I DO THAT? I have attempted the Upload instructions, but I did not take note of the MC when I selected the text and now i can't find it again. Can you help me??? As for listing by name, you can put me down as Jazzgirl. url is https://voiceoversoule.webs.com

Hotgirlsinger

Post by Hotgirlsinger » June 5th, 2020, 12:47 pm

Hotgirlsinger wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:38 pm
miss stav wrote:
Hotgirlsinger wrote:
Nancy

Hello Nancy,
Stav.
I AM SOOOO CONFUSED!
I would like to submit the HC Anderson story for sound test analysis, but am so confused about how and where to submit it! I am anxious to get started on Unicorns, but want to check sound as suggested. HOW DO I DO THAT? I have attempted the Upload instructions, but I did not take note of the MC when I selected the text and now i can't find it again. Can you help me??? As for listing by name, you can put me down as Jazzgirl. url is https://voiceoversoule.webs.com

I did find tShort Nonfiction MC (knot youraveragejo) and sent, but not sure how to follow the notification thread
for upload of
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf074_princesspea_anderson_ns_128kb.wav It was 2:42 min.
Thanks. Please let me know if i'm ok to go ahead,

miss stav

Post by miss stav » June 5th, 2020, 12:58 pm

Hi Nancy, first off, I am glad you managed to find a way to upload. I was out and got back to my computer just now. Notifications are supposed to arrive otomaticly to your email. But if they don't, there is an option to manage notifications. In addition, on the top of the page, there is an option called "notifications in which you can see all the notifications on threads you follow.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

rachel1221

Post by rachel1221 » June 5th, 2020, 3:03 pm

Section 24 Pillowland please

Hotgirlsinger

Post by Hotgirlsinger » June 5th, 2020, 8:13 pm

Hotgirlsinger wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:47 pm
Hotgirlsinger wrote:
miss stav wrote:

Hello Nancy,
Stav.
I AM SOOOO CONFUSED!

I didn't see Miss Stav in the MC listings when I uploaded the file, so I assigned it to rapunzelina
I uploaded chapter 6 of Unicorns (Georg Sand) at
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/snfo74_unicorns6_hunecker_ns_128kb.mp3
Hope i did it right. It was 22:22min.
Still confused, but recording anyway! :-)
N@NCY (Jazzgirl)

I did find tShort Nonfiction MC (knot youraveragejo) and sent, but not sure how to follow the notification thread
for upload of
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf074_princesspea_anderson_ns_128kb.wav It was 2:42 min.

miss stav

Post by miss stav » June 5th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Hotgirlsinger wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 8:13 pm
Hotgirlsinger wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:47 pm
Hotgirlsinger wrote:

I AM SOOOO CONFUSED!

I didn't see Miss Stav in the MC listings when I uploaded the file, so I assigned it to rapunzelina
N@NCY (Jazzgirl)

for upload of

Thanks for chapter 6, Nancy. Would you like to record more chapters from this book?

miss stav

Post by miss stav » June 5th, 2020, 10:33 pm

rachel1221 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 3:03 pm
Section 24 Pillowland please

Hello Rachel,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapter 24 is all yours. Before you proceed, please:
1. Submit a one-minute sampal recording, just to make sure that your tecnical settings are all correct.
2. Let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Stav.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » June 6th, 2020, 11:28 am

Hotgirlsinger wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 8:13 pm
N@NCY (Jazzgirl)
Hi Nancy! I checked your recording. Your reading is impeccable and of tiptop quality! :clap:

The only thing wrong with the tech specs is the bit rate. To fix it, please export your recording from Audacity again, and at the Format Options for exporting to mp3, choose:

Bit Rate Mode: "Constant"
Quality: "128kbps"

Also the filename should be: unicorns_06_huneker_128kb (unicorns_06_huneker_128kb.mp3)

Each project has all the information you need in the first post of the thread, including filenaming and which MC to upload to. Under the link to the uploader it states who the MC is for the project, so you choose the MC folder to upload.

When ready, upload your recording with the correct bit rate and filename and post the link again here. Thanks!

PS: This is your Reader Page https://librivox.org/reader/14448 You can also access it from your name-link in any Magic Window. It lists all projects you've read for, and can help you keep track of your currant projects from the "Reader section details" link.

Hotgirlsinger

Post by Hotgirlsinger » June 6th, 2020, 4:06 pm

Ok- thanks sooo much for the feedback!!!
Here's the new upload for Unicorns chapter 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_06_hunecker_128kb.mp3

N@NCY (Jazzgirl)

miss stav

Post by miss stav » June 7th, 2020, 12:13 am

Huge thanks. Would you like to read more sections from this book?