[COMPLETE]: There and Back by George MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

booksandchoco wrote: August 9th, 2020, 12:21 pm Here is the recording for Chapter 11 - Alice. File duration: 17 min, 45 sec. Please let me know if there is anything I can fix!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_11_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Lenore Rose! Section 11 is PL OK. Let me know if you'd like to claim another.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
jenno

Post by jenno »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hannah, your chapter 59 is PL ok! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

jenno wrote: August 13th, 2020, 9:04 pm Here is chapter 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_03_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Duration 9.26

Cheers
Jennifer
Thank you, Jennifer! Chapter 3 is PL OK. Let me know if you want to claim any more chapters here.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
jenno

Post by jenno »

THank you.

I would like to do some more chapters.

May I calim 5,6 and 9

Cheers

Jennifer
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

jenno wrote: August 15th, 2020, 4:46 pm THank you.

I would like to do some more chapters.

May I calim 5,6 and 9

Cheers

Jennifer
Those sections are reserved for you. Thanks, Jennifer!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: August 14th, 2020, 9:11 pm And here is chapter 1.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_01_macdonald_128kb.mp3
21:48
Chapter 1 is PL OK. Thanks for taking time out of your busy recording responsibilities to help this project. Glad to hear you any time it works! (And I'm looking forward to your solo MacDonald as well. :D )

And thanks for your PL help for my chapter again.
~ Hannah
konamomholly

Post by konamomholly »

I would like to take section 13, The Beech Tree. My user name is konamomholly and this will be my first read for Librivox.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

konamomholly wrote: August 17th, 2020, 7:13 pm I would like to take section 13, The Beech Tree. My user name is konamomholly and this will be my first read for Librivox.
Welcome to LibriVox, konamomholly! I will reserve section 13 for you, but before I can do it officially, please let me know how you would like your name to appear in the catalog. You can use your forum username or something different, if you wish. And if you have a website you would like linked to your profile, I can do that for you as well.

Just ask if you have any questions along the way!
~ Hannah
konamomholly

Post by konamomholly »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_13_macdonald_128kb.mp3.mp3
Here is chapter 13, The Beech Tree. I hope it is ok. It runs 15 minutes and about 10 seconds.
Holly

I don't know if I answered your question about what name to use. I think Holly is fine. It it important?
Btw, I have that Bible verse from Romans hanging on my wall! A favorite of mine.
jenno

Post by jenno »

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

konamomholly wrote: August 19th, 2020, 9:04 am https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_13_macdonald_128kb.mp3.mp3
Here is chapter 13, The Beech Tree. I hope it is ok. It runs 15 minutes and about 10 seconds.
Holly

I don't know if I answered your question about what name to use. I think Holly is fine. It it important?
Btw, I have that Bible verse from Romans hanging on my wall! A favorite of mine.
Thank you, Holly... that was quick! I will listen through another day, but for now the technical specs all check out except that the file name has an extra .mp3 at the end. That was simple for me to delete when adding it to the Magic Window (MW), so there is no need for you to make any changes for that this time. I'll let you know again when I've done the proof listening.

"Holly" sounds good for your catalog name. People often use their real name for that as opposed to a forum username.

Neat to hear about your having Romans 15:13 on your wall! It is a verse that I keep coming back to for many years now, yearning for more of all those attributes in my life.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

jenno wrote: August 19th, 2020, 6:01 pm Here is chapter 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_05_macdonald_128kb.mp3

duration 22.10

Cheers
Jennifer
Thank you, Jennifer! The technical specs check out, and I plan to listen soon.
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HannahMary wrote: August 19th, 2020, 9:05 pm Thank you, Holly... that was quick! I will listen through another day, but for now the technical specs all check out except that the file name has an extra .mp3 at the end. That was simple for me to delete when adding it to the Magic Window (MW), so there is no need for you to make any changes for that this time. I'll let you know again when I've done the proof listening.
I'm not sure why deleting that extra .mp3 doesn't result in a broken link. :hmm: Correcting any other naming faux pas would, so I expected that would be the case here. And yet, clicking on the link in the MW works. :? I guess that's a good thing for now, but I'm not sure whether it will transfer over ok when it comes time for cataloguing. I'm going to add the extra .mp3 back in again, just because I'm concerned about that step in the process. But I can fix the name while cataloguing, so not to worry.